“Treating us like second class citizens”

”holding content hostage”

What is with these hyperbolic, dark ass metaphors some of you guys choose to use when a dev or publisher does something you don’t like or someone else seems to have it better?

Some of you will act like the most marginalized group on the planet, then completely roll your eyes when an actual marginalized group has a complaint RELATED TO GAMING, such as asking for better representation

Ah yes, it's people being hyperbolic that are the problem, not billion dollar companies that treat their employees and customers like shit. Not the idiots who defend said billion dollar corps like they are their own child, not the games press which is largely a joke and for good reason.
Okay, let’s try this again because you seem bothered by things I’m not even saying.

It is very frustrating to see gamers co-op the language of marginalized groups (when it comes to real life issues) and apply it to themselves when the industry does something they don’t like, even when they deserve to be criticized. And then that same group will overlook, wave off gaming related issues those actual marginalized groups have with the industry.

Last edited:
Don’t take it too seriously. It’s okay to call out lootboxes and shit, but it obviously doesn’t matter compared to real shit.

If you don't buy the $79.99 deluxe collector's edition you don't get the Double Premium Bonus DLC Sidemission tho...

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

I personally feel a great sense of pride & accomplishment every time I buy a scratch card, lottery ticket, skin, loot box & pre-order bonus character pack.

I assumed that was the same for everyone, you guys agree with me right?

/s

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.
Don't %#$& with gamers! RISE UP

I meant, the marginalized groups having complaints related to gaming.
I known you mean that, buying people don't feel marginalized then they don't care about that discussion. But they'll care about their money being worth less of whatever.

Not saying you're wrong, but people getting hyperbolic about videogames in a videogame forum is expected.

My favorite is hating a company because they don’t support the platform you have.
YOU, TINY COMPANY BARELY MAKING IT AS IS - HOW DARE YOU SPURN ME BY NOT INVESTING A SCARY AMOUNT OF MONEY CREATING A PORT THAT IS MOST CONVENIENT TO ME. I WILL NEVER BUY ONE OF YOUR GAMES AGAIN (NOT THAT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT ONE BEFORE).

That and folks calling for radical shifts to a particular franchise - that would completely change what it successfully is - give me headaches.

So we should take shit from publishers because videogames problems are first world problems?
We are on gaming forum. We discus gaming news. What's wrong with that?
The excessive hate that certain companies, developers and publishers are getting is what's wrong with it. This forum is dealing with the hate appropiately, but there are several unmoderated places which don't and it's a big issue.

Discussing things in a civil manner has never been the problem. It's mainly the hate and language from certain people.

If I'm paying the same price as other platforms for less content, then the publishers can fuck right off.
That's all it boils down to.

That and obvious tactics to try and get people to buy multiple versions of the game.

Gaming culture involves pretending to be a wronged outcast while actively rejecting the struggles and decency of everyone else.