“Treating us like second class citizens”

A physical altercation versus widespread racism, misogynism, etc on a daily basis.

I don’t see sports fans feeding into the alt right or running toxic websites.
What planet do you come from? Seriously? This might be the most ignorant post I've seen in years. I guess all the racist monkey chanting during football matches to mock a black player, all the Ultras and Hooligans that are full blown Skinheads, not some tryhard meme flinging cave trolls that cling to racism because they are pathetic insecure shits; I guess I must have imagined all that.

Gamergate is a storm in a teacup compared to the damage and death that has been inflicted by extremist sports fans. Doesn't mean that either should be tolerated. However, unlike the gaming industry, sport clubs have been much more pro active in curbing these destructive elements by both punishing fans, clubs and players. All the while the boldest thing the gaming industry has pulled is to tell people that are upset about women in BF5 to not buy it.

What planet do you come from? Seriously? This might be the most ignorant post I've seen in years. I guess all the racist monkey chanting during football matches to mock a black player, all the Ultras and Hooligans that are full blown Skinheads, not some tryhard meme flinging cave trolls that cling to racism because they are pathetic insecure shits; I guess I must have imagined all that.

Gamergate is a storm in a teacup compared to the damage and death that has been inflicted by extremist sports fans. Doesn't mean that either should be tolerated. However, unlike the gaming industry, sport clubs have been much more pro active in curbing these destructive elements by both punishing fans, clubs and players. All the while the boldest thing the gaming industry has pulled is to tell people that are upset about women in BF5 to not buy it.
Sad every time i read gamers say "but you don't see *insert other medium* as toxic as gamers", cringest shit i read.

It is often exaggerated.

However, for those of us outside North America/Europe, "treating us like 2nd class citizens" is valid sometimes.

At least in Brazil:
- Huge problem in paying PSN with credit card (they charge in dollars, show price is Brazilian reais, most banks don't accept this). The only other option is prepaid PSN cards
- No official launch for the PS4 Pro
- No PS Now
- No EA access premier
- No official Nintendo presence