Welcome! A new year. A fresh start.
2017 was a very rough year...for everything except video games. They flourished, giving us one of the best years in all of gaming. We saw the release of some truly stunning stuff. Gravity Rush 2. Horizon: Zero Dawn. Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Persona 5. Uncharted: Lost Legacy. Hellblade. Forza 7. Assassin's Creed: Origins. Super Mario Odyssey. Gran Turismo Sport. And many more.
We also saw the release of two new systems. Nintendo Switch brought a whole new form factor to play and enjoy our games, and couldn't be more successful. Xbox One X brought sheer power like we have never seen in a console. PS4 continues to sell incredibly well. The console industry is arguably in the best place it's ever been.
2018 looks to be an embarrassment of riches, as well. This train is not slowing. Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Far Cry 5, God of War, Sea of Thieves, and Spider-Man all look breathtaking. And there are more, of course, along with games we don't know the release date of.
So, we had a migration in late October that moved us from GAF to Resetera, and things truly worked out wonderfully. The community was reinvigorated, and we are now, honestly, better and stronger than ever. However, because we did move so late into the year, the thread didn't have a huge amount of posts. That's totally okay. I did want to give a shout out to the top five posters here, who spent time getting those perfect shots for us to enjoy.
Thank you to them, and to everyone who continues to post their shots here.
- PS4/Pro, Xbox One/X, Nintendo Switch and Wii U screenshots only.
- Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts allowed.
- No triple posting.
- Put the name of the game and the console you took the shots from in the first line of the post.
- Type "Photomode" in the first line of any post that has photo mode screenshots.
- Do not post any surprising plot-related moments or locations from a game released in the last three months.
- Screenshots must be 1080p if they're from the PS4 or Xbox One, and 720p or 1080p if they're from the Wii U/Switch. While 4K images are allowed for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, you are highly encouraged to downsample them to 1080p instead.