Assassin’s Creed Odyssey |OT| Ἄνδρα ἢ γυναῖκα μοι ἔννεπε, Μοῦσα

Origins was boring as hell and I lost interest after 8-10 hours. The side quests were terrible, too.
I don't know what to think about Odyssey though. It looks more like an RPG but I don't know anything about the story.
Are there still 100000000 collectibles marked on the map?

The dialogue system seems interesting and the combat looks good....but it seems like many reviews are just copies if old Origin reviews, lol.

No idea, really ^^

Do you get legendary gear only from missions or are there hidden treasures?
Both.

I'll probably take the Skyrim approach and begin my playthrough with a full melee/magic/whatever build in mind only to end up stealth sniping my way through the game.
FWIW, stealth kills give you an EXP bonus, chaining them adds. So, it's a way to level up quicker and be rid of the pesky leveled zones.

Origins was boring as hell and I lost interest after 8-10 hours. The side quests were terrible, too.
I don't know what to think about Odyssey though. It looks more like an RPG but I don't know anything about the story.

The dialogue system seems interesting and the combat looks good....but it seems like many reviews are just copies if old Origin reviews, lol.

No idea, really ^^
I honestly don't see you enjoying it if you found Origins "boring as hell".

So what you’re telling me is.. playing stealthy is healthy.
Yep.

However, this game still does the thing as in Origins, where a stealth kill attempt might not be a guaranteed kill depending on the enemy's health and if your stealth attack isn't high enough.

Which is kinda bullshit TBH .. if you're sticking a person in the back of the neck with a fucking spear, they should die.

Game looks a little bloodier than Origins.

One of my qualms with Origins is that if often felt a little neutered. Late game an NPC dies and you're told like he got his heart ripped out but the corpse you deal with looks like any old corpse. Not looking to bathe in gore for gore's sake, but does the game handle these sort of moments better? It looks like it does given that quick shot of a dude getting speared in the goddamn mouth I saw in the ACG review.

Yup, perfect place to jump in. The small threads that connect it to previous games youll learn as you go or dont matter either way.

Its funny. After writing my review last week and having put 50 hours in Im still excited to put in a few hours tonight.
Thanks for the input! Sounds like it should be just up my alley, although I'll probably be waiting till around Christmastime before actually buying though.

Says he played Origins

Asks if there are still a hundred million collectibles

Origins had no collectibles

Wonderment

Everything you could want in a

No idea, really ^^
Doesn't sound like this game is for you then.

Finished up all ? and side missions on the first island. Going to take a break to eat and then I'l crack on with the main story until I can leave the island.

Truly having a blast with the game and a lot of that is the much smoother performance this time around (I'm beating a dead horse I know but Origins was not great for me).

Anyone with game. I just want to know if this rumor was true.

Depending on who you choose to play as, is the one you don’t pick your sibling and are they’re killed in the prologue?

Thats good, I like slow burn approach to tutrials , introductions to game world. I just hope its not a mess that Origins was, jumping all over the place
No, nothing close to as confusing Origin's intro and first hour are.

Anyone with game. I just want to know if this rumor was true.

Depending on who you choose to play as, is the one you don’t pick your sibling and are they’re killed in the prologue?
No.

But giving the correct answer to that rumor is would be a genuine spoiler.

Oh boy.

Do they at least give you full control over your character and let you explore a bit? I'd hate it if it's three hours of Pokémon SM-like hand-holding.
After a short, linear combat tutorial opening the game starts you on the first small island. Took me 2-3 hours to clear all the side missions and side content on this island alone - about to carry on with the main quest.

I'm still chipping away at Kingdom Come, Vampyr, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (and that's just 2018 games). Haven't even picked up Spider-man yet and RDR2 is a day one buy and right around the corner. Guess I'll have to get this during the Winter Steam sale. Loved Origins (which I still need to finish) and while no shields is disappointing,I'm still feeling the setting, female protag, and RPG elements they're bringing to the table with this one. Must buy... eventually.

Oh boy.

Do they at least give you full control over your character and let you explore a bit? I'd hate it if it's three hours of Pokémon SM-like hand-holding.
Yeah, you get control very quickly. The game does not make you wait long before handing control. It just has a really a few different intros after small chunks at first, then you get a late title card and thrust into the world proper.

Bro, I’m gonna need more than that. That’s one of the things that got me hyped from the rumors and if true I’m gonna jump in early that expected. Help me give in to the hype!
Warning for other people: pretty big spoiler here!

The other one will be your sibling, gets thrown off a cliff and turns into a bit of a Darth Vader-esque antagonist.

After a short, linear combat tutorial opening the game starts you on the first small island. Took me 2-3 hours to clear all the side missions and side content on this island alone - about to carry on with the main quest.
Yeah, you get control very quickly. The game does not make you wait long before handing control. It just has a really a few different intros after small chunks at first, then you get a late title card and thrust into the world proper.
Ah, OK. That sounds fine. Thanks!