Astro Bot Rescue Mission |OT| VR's Astro Bot Moment

So Germany seems to be the only country that has to wait until the 4th to unlock. Even the rest of Europe gets it a day earlier, which basically never happens. Just because the 3rd is a national holiday and retail would be left out otherwise?

Great idea, let them have a day off to read about all those others happily playing Astro Bot... :(

Holy shit.... Those reviews aren't kidding around, this is wonderful!

Everything looks super smooth and the textures look great (playing on a pro). The movement is responsive and fun and the atmosphere is alive with motion everywhere you look.

So Germany seems to be the only country that has to wait until the 4th to unlock. Even the rest of Europe gets it a day earlier, which basically never happens. Just because the 3rd is a national holiday and retail would be left out otherwise?

Great idea, let them have a day off to read about all those others happily playing Astro Bot... :(
Did you buy it already from the German store? Otherwise you could just create an US Account.

I'm loving the level of love, detail, and polish that went into everything so far. The texture work is fantastic, the lighting is great, the music is just lovely. The controls are very tight and responsive as well. Have the biggest smile playing the main levels or just messing around in my hub with tons of stuff to unlock. Everyone needs to check this lovely game out.

Lmao darker opening: TLOU or Astro Bot?
On a technical level, Astro Bot. lol

Great job on the beautiful OP! Very sleek.
The game is pre-loaded on my PS4 but I'm working abroad for a few days so will jump in this weekend. In the meantime I will live through your impressions! :)

Half way through World 2. I love how you as the camera are an object in the world. You even get to see what you look like! The game is so cheerful.

Delriach

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Loving the game so far! I’m on world 2 now. The first thing that’s really apparent is just how responsive the controls are. I’m very curious what the input latency is on this game because it feels super low. Possibly the lowest I’ve played in a very long time.

Last edited:
It looks so good! I'm just waiting for the mailman to drop my copy off, and then I'll say goodbye to reality for a while. I'm intrigued by this talk of a dark opening. Not exactly what I was expecting going off the pre-release material. That bit with the monkey and the teeth is truly terrifying, though.

Loving the game so far! I’m on world 2 now. The first thing that’s really apparent is Justin how responsive the controls are. I’m very curious what the input latency is on this game because it feels super low. Possibly the lowest I’ve played in a very long time.
I though all vr games have the lowest possible latency by default. For headset tracking 1:1 and moves, ds4, aim controller.

Gonna stop at world 2-4 and call it a night. Need rest to take my precious time with this gem.
It is unbelievably charming. I was laughing mid-level during some of the world 2 levels. It's sooo damn jolly, y'all.

Thanks for putting this together. Nice work. I don’t know when I’ll play this, but I will absolutely play this and make it the first VR game I play one day. Really eager to try the technology out and go in with what appears to be the best!

Really want to play this. Also, really want that preorder theme. Wish they'd put preorder bonuses on the store after a game is released.

Edit: Does this game have a photomode?

I woke up at 4am to get a drink of water and was compelled to play the first level. It’s absolutely glorious platforming heaven. Ok, back to sleep. See you tomorrow Astrobots

It's really hard to rush though the level given observation is super important for hidden stuff, you just end up looking around every check points.
Plus the world is filled with ton of little details, the idle animations, those hidden bot with different disguise even the "trophy room" have lots of surprise.

Damn I would so buy a PSVR if VR didn't give me motion sickness. Sony has been killing it with its PSVR support. So happy to see Japan Studio knock this out of the park.

Nice OT! Thanks for making it! I think the biggest surprise are the GRAPHICS. Holy smokes they are both detailed and crisp!(pro) Easily one of the best looking VR games and man what a blast. Made it to world 4 and did some challenges. So good!!!

Going on holiday tomorrow so going to have to wait until I get back to play this! Looking forward to hearing the impressions come through today and tomorrow!

In Austria the launch is also on 4th...

Sad Bot :(

Yeah, gotta also have to wait.

It is probably for the best because tomorrow I'll go to the oktoberfest.

VR wold be a very bad idea after that visit, hehe

I remember the demo from a couple of years ago now (yikes) being really brilliant, but the one issue i had was, no matter what i did with my set up, the on screen dualshock would gradually rotate to an angle that was not representative of reality. This was resolvable by shaking the controller, whereupon it would snap back to the correct orientation, but after about 30 seconds it would do it again.
I did not have this issue with other gyro dependant games, and i remember many people having the same issue. Can anyone confirm if this issue is present in this full game? And if they experienced what i am describing from the demo?

Thanks

So I think we can all safely say Astro Bot has a slot in the next PSASBR?
Sony actually have a pretty good line up of cartoony character to choose from from psabr now

If they make a new psabr they can add

Astro
Francis/Fox from Dreams
Concrete Genie
Kutaro from Puppeteer
Iota/Atoi
Journey character

Then they can add human character that's more fantasy unlike Nathan Drake that is simply guns user
Last Guardian kid with Trico
Bloodborne Hunter
Aloy
Old Kratos
Spider-Man (maybe)
Arc The Lad rep
Wild Arms rep (since they have new mobile rpg)

I really want a new PSABR

Sony actually have a pretty good line up of cartoony character to choose from from psabr now

If they make a new psabr they can add

Astro
Francis/Fox from Dreams
Concrete Genie
Kutaro from Puppeteer
Iota/Atoi
Journey character

Then they can add human character that's more fantasy unlike Nathan Drake that is simply guns user
Last Guardian kid with Trico
Bloodborne Hunter
Aloy
Old Kratos
Spider-Man (maybe)
Arc The Lad rep
Wild Arms rep (since they have new mobile rpg)

I really want a new PSABR
Honestly there is no point in doing a new PSABR.

Even if they end up making it really good this time, a lot of people will still laugh/complain about it being a straight up rip off. It's a no win situation for them.

If they want to go for a crossover game then it should be Power Stone style or something else. Though even then they are just probably better off funding another SP game.

If you own PSVR then you owe it to yourself to buy this.
I played some last night and it is absolutely bliss.
That tweet about comparing it to Mario 64 is on point.
Well done Sony.