AusERA |OT| 2017

Deadpool 2 was kinda shit. it just doubled down on the stuff from the first one that i didnt enjoy when watched it a 2nd time.
It was good but nowhere near as great as D1. It's the same deal as the Matrix, 10 year love of the project oozes in the output then hits it bigtime and they scramble to deliver the next iteration to its own content detriment. However Domino was aces. As for the main kid character I just wanted to see him killed off in the first 10mins, annoying character and the actor didn't sit with me well either. I feel like that hurt the entire movie throughout.

I should get a FlyBuys card but every time they ask at the Coles or Woolies checkout I just want to pay for my shit and leave as quickly as possible because grocery shopping is the worst.
Doesn't Coles have, like, temporary FlyBuys barcodes that you can scan at checkout to instantly earn points before you take it home and sign up with the barcode number online?

It was good but nowhere near as great as D1. It's the same deal as the Matrix, 10 year love of the project oozes in the output then hits it bigtime and they scramble to deliver the next iteration to its own content detriment. However Domino was aces. As for the main kid character I just wanted to see him killed off in the first 10mins, annoying character and the actor didn't sit with me well either. I feel like that hurt the entire movie throughout.
Yeah Domino was the best part. and the kid was just shit.

Trying to work out how we are using 18kWh of power off peak, which is 11pm until 7am (along with 26kWh during the other 2/3rds of the day).
Gas HWS so not that, tested draw on old freezer and it's basically zilch.

Trying to work out how we are using 18kWh of power off peak, which is 11pm until 7am (along with 26kWh during the other 2/3rds of the day).
Gas HWS so not that, tested draw on old freezer and it's basically zilch.
Same shit happening to us since May, recent bill was 4x our normal usage. Been testing and monitoring the meter for over a week and the usage is making no sense.

anyone got tips on how to adult and disengage from work?

It's weird, I can switch off and not think about work but I feel it's hard to do, physically? especially when I'm by myself. I can't sit down and just do one thing anymore, like if I'm watching a movie or tv series I really feel that I need to be doing some housework or doing something else. Which leads me to playing games, I haven't been able to sit down and play video games for more than 10-20 minutes for a months, let alone finish a game. It really sucks because I haven't touched many of my hobbies for a long time and I'm struggling to fill my own time without them.

When does the schedule for PAX Aus get released? Last year was a disappointment compared to 2016. Also no MTG was there either last year in the board game section and some garbage called Final War was there which was DOA and nothing has been heard from that game since.

I have a $64 preorder for DQ11 from Amazon (since I preordered ages ago) but it will arrive two days after release day. I'm considering buying it from EB, then returning it once the cheaper copy arrives...

Spider-Man looks really good but it feels like a "wait for it to hit thirty bucks or so" for me since I haven't finished off Octopath yet, started back into Attack on Titan 2 recently and have Blade Strangers coming from the US

I want to want Dragon Quest XI but I'm waiting to hear what's happening with the Switch version since I prefer to play that series on handheld and we aren't getting the 3DS game

Just platinumed Nioh after more than a year, and currently working on Kiwami 2 which is marvelous. I really like that soon I can choose to be transported to Shinjuku or Manhattan and mingle in the two top open world cities in gaming.

Sigh. I see it's once again time to try to explain to my countrymen why the Golliwog is and always has been racist. Will they listen this time? Hahahaha, it's Australia of course they won't.

The ingredients would've changed a dozen times by now, wouldn't taste anything like them. But yeah I expect they were re-purposed as teddy bears or some shit.
I bought those teddy bears they have on store shelves now but they are more a chocolate coated scotch-finger biscuit or a Monte rather than a chocolate flavoured biscuit.

I remember Arnott's changed the Golliwog biscuits name to Scalliwags or something around the turn of the century but the design was still the same Golliwog biscuit.

Golliwog biscuits probably aren't as good as I remember anyway. Kids have shit tastes and if I ate one today I would probably just be let down and become depressed. Then eat the entire packet.

I bought those teddy bears they have on store shelves now but they are more a chocolate coated scotch-finger biscuit or a Monte rather than a chocolate flavoured biscuit.

Golliwog biscuits were discontinued 20 years ago.

You'd find a lot of the ingredients that made them taste that certain way are either poison or frowned upon in 2018.

There weren't any copies of Dragon Quest XI at the EB I can reasonably get to, 8-12 copies in other EBs, and apparently none at other stores near me.

And Amazon hasn't sent it out yet. My most anticipated game of the year, or two years.

Speaking of biscuits - did anyone ever make those choc ripple cakes where you took a couple of packs of those biscuits and covered them in a shit load of cream? Laziest recipe ever, but so good.

Have youse m8s tried those new Arnott's mini cakes?

Delicious but deadly prices at five and a half dollerydoos a pack even when they are on special they are still $4 a pack for 5 cakes what the fuck cunt this country is STUFFED

Yeah, it's complete nonsense. Works on food type scale, Soft liquorice is probably middle of the road for sweets, that yoghurt is probably below average for yoghurts. Never compare food groups.

Pure sugar.
The explanation on the side of that box is factually incorrect too.

Put simply, the more stars the healthier the choice.
Well, not really. It should say:
The more stars, the healthier the choice when compared to other foods that fall into the same category which we don't specify because the whole purpose of the system is to confuse the shit out of you.
Peter Fitzsimmons explains it well here.

I never look at the star ratings - I look at the nutritional info. It turns out iced coffees are really, really bad for you.

A PSA for those who care - the Foodworks at Fortitude Valley station in Brisbane sells the sweet ambrosia that is Vanilla Coke Zero! It’s $4.50 a bottle though, which is highway robbery. I bought two.

I also picked up a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita at the Cash Converters at McWhirters for $3. I don’t know if it’s worth the money though, given the gorgeous snooze fest that the original Uncharted was.

I never look at the star ratings - I look at the nutritional info. It turns out iced coffees are really, really bad for you.

A PSA for those who care - the Foodworks at Fortitude Valley station in Brisbane sells the sweet ambrosia that is Vanilla Coke Zero! It’s $4.50 a bottle though, which is highway robbery. I bought two.

I also picked up a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss for the Vita at the Cash Converters at McWhirters for $3. I don’t know if it’s worth the money though, given the gorgeous snooze fest that the original Uncharted was.
I get Vanilla Pepsi Max, which has a deeper vanilla flavour.