AusERA |OT| 2017

This is crazy, got off work and there is a line in EB of customers buying Spider-Man at $99 when they can get it from JB for $69 a few steps away.
I saw people buying it at EB today as well. One shop to the left is JB Hifi and about 5-6 shops to the right is BigW where I buy.

I assume people are using store credit from resold games even though you can do the same thing a JBs.

This is crazy, got off work and there is a line in EB of customers buying Spider-Man at $99 when they can get it from JB for $69 a few steps away.
how many of them Were Price matching ?: P think the saddest part is you could Be like but its Cheaper there and wili a flock might run back some simply wont care or try and justifie it

own decisions and all that but its pretty damn Lazy

that also being Said if EB ever truly went belly up we would lose access to some of the Niche hard copy retail editions of different games

so long as discs and cases stick around ( and employment ) the stores have a reason to be there but if that all gos south there may not be a reason Here or in other Parts of the world

Fun fact most of us know but some are probably still unaware of GameUK still existing online and in store how ever Pre import GST and Post brexit they have been a Rort unless buying 2 or 3 for how ever much( older titles ) and even then you probably still dont quite come out on TOP not to mention that they have almost always Charged VAT no matter were they ship to :P

Edit:also what Rep and BOB said

Yeah I agree with you guys, and some of them were probably price matching. Don’t get me wrong I actually use EB usually for collectors and trade ins so not wishing for them to go under. I like browsing in store as well.

I price-matched Spider-Man at my local EB this afternoon to the JB in the same shopping centre but it was with some new guy I had never seen before and he got all pissy and copped an attitude that I wanted to price-match.

Good thing I'm returning it for a refund when my SE arrives. Will also be telling the store and district manager to sort the agro cunt out when they get back from vendor's show.

I will never understand people who shop at EB for brand new games.
Some people say they just price match and it's more convenient to go to EB. That has never been my experience at any store in Sydney, price matching has always been like pulling teeth, they won't do it if the competitor isn't in the same shopping centre, they insist on making me wait while they phone them to confirm that they have it in stock, etc.

I avoid them like the plague.

Some people say they just price match and it's more convenient to go to EB. That has never been my experience at any store in Sydney, price matching has always been like pulling teeth, they won't do it if the competitor isn't in the same shopping centre, they insist on making me wait while they phone them to confirm that they have it in stock, etc.

That's my experience too.

I guess I'm a little lucky that I work in the CBD in Brisbane, so I've got plenty of choice.

I do drop in occasionally if they have a sale but, even when on sale, their prices are usually uncompetitive.

I'll buy the occasional coffee mug or something when they're 50% off, but that's about it.

I think the last time I wasn't able to just walk into a store on launch day and grab the game I want off the shelf was Dragon Age: Origins. Big W had 50+ Spidermans yesterday at 1pm or so.

I think the last time I wasn't able to just walk into a store on launch day and grab the game I want off the shelf was Dragon Age: Origins. Big W had 50+ Spidermans yesterday at 1pm or so.
Spiderman is expected to be a God of War level success, likely higher IMO. Was a factor in some titles not being carried at Big W/Target apparently, focus on the bigger titles.

I saw Ovaltines at Woolies and looked at the health stars and they were pulling the same trick, but they never got called out for it. They really need consistency with this stuff!

A PSA for those who care - the Foodworks at Fortitude Valley station in Brisbane sells the sweet ambrosia that is Vanilla Coke Zero! It’s $4.50 a bottle though, which is highway robbery. I bought two.
I really like Coke No Sugar Orange, it's better than the Coke Raspberry. I find Pepsi Max Vanilla too sweet, but I'd like to try the Max Raspberry.
Is Vanilla Coke Zero left over stock before they went Coke No Sugar, or is there actually a Vanilla version of No Sugar? And a Raspberry Pepsi Max?

Vanilla Pepsi Max's artificial sweetener taste is a bit strong for my tastes. Same deal with Orange Coke No Sugar - I find it accentuates the artificial sweetener taste that I don't really notice with regular Coke No Sugar. It otherwise just tastes like if you mixed Coke and Fanta together.

Yeah, I've not had good experiences with price matching so I'd rather just go to the store offering the lower price. I guess some people have friendly staff at their local store and if they see them all the time they're happy to match for them.

Last edited:
I saw Ovaltines at Woolies and looked at the health stars and they were pulling the same trick, but they never got called out for it. They really need consistency with this stuff!

Is Vanilla Coke Zero left over stock before they went Coke No Sugar, or is there actually a Vanilla version of No Sugar? And a Raspberry Pepsi Max?

Vanilla Pepsi Max's artificial sweetener taste is a bit strong for my tastes. Same deal with Orange Coke No Sugar - I find it accentuates the artificial sweetener taste that I don't really notice with regular Coke No Sugar. It otherwise just tastes like if you mixed Coke and Fanta together.

Yeah, I've not had good experiences with price matching so I'd rather just go to the store offering the lower price. I guess some people have friendly staff at their local store and if they see them all the time they're happy to match for them.
It was Vanilla Coke No Sugar, but only available in 500ml varieties.

The only time I really remember running into issues with price matching was on D3 launch. Despite being one of the first people there they refused to price match as they knew they had got more stock than anywhere else in the vicinity. They've been good every other time but the one I go to has a target, big w and jb in the same centre.

been out camping and gold prospecting for a couple weeks, got a few bits and had fun. Seems like the world didn't end while i wasn't paying attention.

Spiderman is expected to be a God of War level success, likely higher IMO. Was a factor in some titles not being carried at Big W/Target apparently, focus on the bigger titles.
BTW, it was the quickest selling game of the year at launch.

Doubled God of Wars sales. Every time I went somewhere that had it on the weekend people were buying it.

Don't make the mistake of trying the new 25% less sugar range from the Natural Confectionery Company. They are revolting. The texture is much more gelatinous and sticky, and whilst I'm interested in confectionery that has less sugar, if it tastes this unappealing, you may as well just be eating proper fruit. Because it doesn't taste like a treat lol.

TL;DR youngmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Looks like I’m super back into Destiny 2
It's pretty bloody kick ass, good time to jump back in.

I took my eldest to the barbershop this morning so we could get haircuts and they had a PS4 playing Fortnite.

He wants me to get Fortnite for the Switch now :/
From my son to yours...they be crazy for it. At least the group of friends my son is in are getting into Sea of Thieves more these days.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-...ing-needles-found-inside/10237954?pfmredir=sm

Police and health authorities are investigating after sewing needles were found inside strawberries sold at Woolworths, which police believe were inserted deliberately "to injure somebody".

Queensland chief health officer Dr Jeannette Young has advised anyone who bought two brands of strawberries — Berrylicious and Berry Obsession — since the start of last week in Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, to throw them out.

She said the contaminated brands came from a farm in south-east Queensland.

nasty. reminds me of the stories of people putting razor blades an water slides (that used to scare the shit out of me but I still went).

A really good case for not eating fruit.

Makes me wonder what the scale is, pretty hectic if it's thousands of strawberries...

I remember we had an incident awhile ago of some fuck putting razor blades around childrens playgrounds, underside of handles and such. Seriously wonder what drives people to do it.

Makes me wonder what the scale is, pretty hectic if it's thousands of strawberries...
Even if it was just a couple of needles, the whole batch needs to be recalled because there's no way to tell if there are any left in circulation. The only way to avoid potentially harming someone is to remove everything in circulation and replace then with a batch that is guaranteed clear.

I had this giant fucking crow swoop me last year on the walk to the shops. Never heard of crow doing that before but I guess I did something to piss it off.

So it's been a year now since I moved to Melbourne and I still haven't explored the city. Getting tired of spending my weekends indoors. What are some good place to hangout and spend some time at over the weekend (solo)? My weekends just fly by.

So it's been a year now since I moved to Melbourne and I still haven't explored the city. Getting tired of spending my weekends indoors. What are some good place to hangout and spend some time at over the weekend (solo)? My weekends just fly by.
What kind of stuff are you looking to do? Honestly when I first moved I would just spend days off wandering around the city and Fitzroy, Toorak, St Kilda. Just kind of listening to music or a podcast and just getting to know the city. It was fun if you're just into aimless wandering.