AusERA |OT| 2017

What kind of stuff are you looking to do? Honestly when I first moved I would just spend days off wandering around the city and Fitzroy, Toorak, St Kilda. Just kind of listening to music or a podcast and just getting to know the city. It was fun if you're just into aimless wandering.
I should definitely give this a go but I have tendency to zoom from point A to B when just wandering. I need places to stop by at. Shops, cafes, parks, whatever, just something to anchor me at a point.

Hi everyone. Does anybody know of a government body/institute that you can contact to inquire if the company you're working for is breaking any health and safety regulations?

Basically I was told that I wasn't allowed to wear disposable gloves anymore. Even though I'm in regular contact with animal (sheep) substances ie. blood, urine, faeces. So I'm being made to touch all these things with my bare hands

Hi everyone. Does anybody know of a government body/institute that you can contact to inquire if the company you're working for is breaking any health and safety regulations?

Basically I was told that I wasn't allowed to wear disposable gloves anymore. Even though I'm in regular contact with animal (sheep) substances ie. blood, urine, faeces. So I'm being made to touch all these things with my bare hands
All I can think of is the Fair Work Ombudsmen

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/contact-us

They may not be the right place but they might be able to point you in the right direction

Your state workplace health and safety office would be your best bet.

What state are you in?

Unions are generally very interested in this sort of thing. If you’re doing the sort of work where an employer can place you in an unsafe situation and you feel powerless about it, it be worth joining one.

Unions are generally very interested in this sort of thing. If you’re doing the sort of work where an employer can place you in an unsafe situation and you feel powerless about it, it be worth joining one.
I wasnt planning on being here for that long anyways. Just using the job to save up a bit of money before going back overseas to study. I woudnt think it would be worth joining one for a couple months

Your state workplace health and safety office would be your best bet.

What state are you in?
Im in WA.

The thing is the company employs a lot of foriegn workers primarily from Korea who dont know they have work rights. I could just tough it out for a couple months and then leave but I was thinking I should look into it for the other workers

I wasnt planning on being here for that long anyways. Just using the job to save up a bit of money before going back overseas to study. I woudnt think it would be worth joining one for a couple months

Im in WA.

The thing is the company employs a lot of foriegn workers primarily from Korea who dont know they have work rights. I could just tough it out for a couple months and then leave but I was thinking I should look into it for the other workers
Definitely talk to someone in WA about the working conditions and practices. I bet they are doing a TON of dodgy shit since they employ a lot of foreign people, likely underpaying people too.

Get in contact with Fair Work. Link here will help.

Im in WA.

Try look up WA's OHS requirements for this sort of work first. Maybe show them to your employer. If they don't comply then you should definitely dob them in to your state's OHS agency and/or Fair Work.

You could even refuse to work without the gloves (if it is indeed mandated by regulations and laws) and if you get fired for it, file a case for unfair dismissal too. >_>

If you're unsure, you can ask here: https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/how-do-i-ask-question

Last edited:
Bit of a long shot, but if anyone here manages to get AFL grand finals ticket/s they can’t use please shoot me a pm.

Can’t see the lions winning for a while and not willing to pay scalping prices!

If someone organises a group and is two short I'd throw in for my brother and I

Don't really play online much but seven bucks a year or whatever would be worth it for the NES games
Are you still good for this, SD? I'm only just creating the "family" now :) If you can PM the you and your brother's email addresses (I think they need to be separate) I'll organise the sub.

Also, anyone else interested in joining a "family" group for the Nintendo stuff? I think there are three or four spots left.

Are you still good for this, SD? I'm only just creating the "family" now :) If you can PM the you and your brother's email addresses (I think they need to be separate) I'll organise the sub.
Sure am! Have just sent you a message.

Gimme a Burnout Legends remaster on Switch/PS4!
Ooh, yeah, this'd be another good one. I was never into the open world idea of Paradise so just a Burnout Legends remaster would be ace

Also, anyone else interested in joining a "family" group for the Nintendo stuff? I think there are three or four spots left.
Count me in if the offer is still on the table