AusERA |OT| 2017

Love finding some perfect items on Amazon.com that say they're eligible for AmazonGlobal shipping to Australia, only to be told at checkout that they can't ship anything non-digital here.

Can't they just pay their fkn tax? Urgh... Hate the whole situation.
Speaking of anyone know Where i can get this for a reasonable Price ?
Wow that thing is a beast! I should get something similar but I'm sure my cats would use it as a jungle gym.

Last edited:
AliExpress would likely be your best bet
Cheers Rep - think i found the equivalent one on ebay but alas still not the Same

one other thing tho dos anyone know of any compneys or places selling those Cheap after market braided USB cables but Mini B ( for PS3) instead of the ones used for the PS4 and type C ones that we always see ?

also long shot but made this Post the other day and haven't really gotten any help or support with it and posted about it in the tv section here

bascily Cant play wolf 2 ....

bought there collectors edition as well - game is now just collecting Dust

Aliexpress/Ebay for cheap. Recently put together another retropie setup with DS3's, was a bugger finidng usb mini cables in person. Got them using one cable to charge the controllers and hooking the rest up with BT, which feels pretty finicky.

Off to japan again on Friday! 12 days this time, nerves are starting to set in as I don't really have anything planned but it should be a blast.

Apologies if not the right spot...

I’m going to sell a whole ton of crap in a bid to clear out my life and get more focused...ps3, ps4pro, keyboards, mice, a fully built pc, widescreen monitor, headphones etc etc.

Do I use eBay or gumtree is the question given the items...

Apologies if not the right spot...

I’m going to sell a whole ton of crap in a bid to clear out my life and get more focused...ps3, ps4pro, keyboards, mice, a fully built pc, widescreen monitor, headphones etc etc.

Do I use eBay or gumtree is the question given the items...
Facebook would be my recommendation

JaseC

You'll always have friends at the Grand Hotel
Yeah trouble is I’m not on Facebook.
Guess it’s eBay!
I stopped selling on eBay when I sold a GTX 1080 and "lost" around $80 to fees (eBay's ridiculous final value fee of 9.9%, which has since increased to 10.9%, and PayPal's equally absurd 3.5% cut). What I do these days is search for completed listings on eBay to see what people are willing to pay and then list on Gumtree at a slightly lower price.

Last edited:
Gumtree always put me off a bit as it seems a tad more dodgy.

I’m talking good quality computer hardware here, fully built gaming pc I’m simply not using anymore.

However you raise a good point...

eBay's ridiculous 9.9% final value fee (which has since increased to 10.9%) and PayPal's equally absurd 3.5% cut put me off eBay for good when I sold my GTX 1080. What I do these days is search for completed listings on eBay to see what people are willing to pay and then list on Gumtree at a slightly lower price.
Yeah I do that for Facebook, eBay is pretty nuts now, especially since I've had issues with Paypal being pricks about refunds in the past.

I stopped selling on eBay when I sold a GTX 1080 and "lost" almost $80 to fees (eBay's ridiculous final value fee of 9.9%, which has since increased to 10.9%, and PayPal's equally absurd 3.5% cut). What I do these days is search for completed listings on eBay to see what people are willing to pay and then list on Gumtree at a slightly lower price.
Sell on Sundays, you get free or $1 final value fees. This month as a Ebay Plus member i was able to sell 20 items for free.

JaseC

Yeah I do that for Facebook, eBay is pretty nuts now, especially since I've had issues with Paypal being pricks about refunds in the past.
That sucks. :( Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with PayPal Support as a seller, and as a buyer, the dispute I filed regarding an item that was never shipped was closed in my favour by default as the seller just ignored the whole thing.

Sell on Sundays, you get free or $1 final value fees. This month as a Ebay Plus member i was able to sell 20 items for free.
Ah, interesting. It's nice that eBay is starting to feel the heat, but it'd still be better to sell more expensive items locally due to PayPal being a mandatory option and the overwhelming preference buyers have for it.

Last edited:
I stopped selling on eBay when I sold a GTX 1080 and "lost" around $80 to fees (eBay's ridiculous final value fee of 9.9%, which has since increased to 10.9%, and PayPal's equally absurd 3.5% cut). What I do these days is search for completed listings on eBay to see what people are willing to pay and then list on Gumtree at a slightly lower price.
I sell heaps on eBay, probably the product of two close family members dying in the last couple of years with extensive collecting/hoarding tendancies! Can't remember the last time I paid any fees outside of paypal. Once you build a rep they throw free listings at you, you don't list anything for a week and they freak out and even send you vouchers to buy stuff. Got $30 from them for nothing last week.

JaseC

I doubt eBay cares that much, since they own Gumtree.
The more you know. ;) Still, though, I'm sure eBay would prefer that people use eBay simply because, unlike Gumtree, it's practically impossible to sell something at no cost to yourself.

Just did an inventory, this is what i've got after looking through...the PC is fully built.
Going through my garage later today where i'm sure there will be more stuff! This has all been accumulated over the last few years and as you can see i've gone a bit crazy.

Reason is i'm going full minimalistic and my PC gaming days are over - going to focus on Playstation instead and the Mac ecosystem is just working for me with macbook pro 2018 + LG 5K monitor setup and dont need the stress of pc parts.

Now need to figure out pricing/gumtree vs ebay and whether to sell all as one or individuals...yeesh! Open to ideas and how much i should charge...

Desktop PC (Pre-Built + Working)
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 X99 LGA 2011-v3 E-ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E 6-Core LGA 2011-3 3.40GHz CPU Processor
Noctua NH-D15 Multi-Socket PWM CPU Cooler
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8GB Video Card
Creative Soundblaster AE-5 7.1 Channel Soundcard
Corsair Carbide Series Air 740 High Airflow ATX Cube Case - Black
Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 TT Premium Edition 120mm LED RGB Fan - 3 Fans
3x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 Industrial PPC 2000RPM Fans installed

Corsair HX-850i 850W ATX 80 PLUS Platinum Modular Power Supply (un-opened)
Corsair RM750i 750W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply (installed)

All power cables included

Samsung 960 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 (OS Installed)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Sandisk 120GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro x64 Clean Install

Monitor + Speakers
ASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor
BOSE Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Computer Speakers System

Accessories
Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Das Keyboard 4 Professional Keyboard - Cherry Brown
ASUS ROG Claymore Core RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade RGB Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse

Xbox Elite Gaming Controller + carry case

Just did an inventory, this is what i've got after looking through...the PC is fully built.
Going through my garage later today where i'm sure there will be more stuff! This has all been accumulated over the last few years and as you can see i've gone a bit crazy.

Reason is i'm going full minimalistic and my PC gaming days are over - going to focus on Playstation instead and the Mac ecosystem is just working for me with macbook pro 2018 + LG 5K monitor setup and dont need the stress of pc parts.

Now need to figure out pricing/gumtree vs ebay and whether to sell all as one or individuals...yeesh! Open to ideas and how much i should charge...

Desktop PC (Pre-Built + Working)
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 X99 LGA 2011-v3 E-ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 6800K Broadwell-E 6-Core LGA 2011-3 3.40GHz CPU Processor
Noctua NH-D15 Multi-Socket PWM CPU Cooler
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming Z 8GB Video Card
Creative Soundblaster AE-5 7.1 Channel Soundcard
Corsair Carbide Series Air 740 High Airflow ATX Cube Case - Black
Thermaltake Riing Plus 12 TT Premium Edition 120mm LED RGB Fan - 3 Fans
3x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 Industrial PPC 2000RPM Fans installed

Corsair HX-850i 850W ATX 80 PLUS Platinum Modular Power Supply (un-opened)
Corsair RM750i 750W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply (installed)

All power cables included

Samsung 960 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 (OS Installed)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Sandisk 120GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro x64 Clean Install

Monitor + Speakers
ASUS PG348Q ROG Swift 34in 100Hz G-Sync IPS Gaming Monitor
BOSE Companion 2 Series II Multimedia Computer Speakers System

Accessories
Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Das Keyboard 4 Professional Keyboard - Cherry Brown
ASUS ROG Claymore Core RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Professional Grade RGB Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse

Xbox Elite Gaming Controller + carry case
I’m Interested in the elite controller and maybe some pc bits. let me know when you price everything.