Azur Lane |OT| I'm USS Big Wasp Yo, friends call me bumblebee adult it.

Unless I missed something the purchasable ones were extended until the 16th with the event swimsuit being extended to the 30th.
The purchasable skins added on the 13th (Wales, Atago, Takao, Prinz) were supposed to be 20% off until the 30th according to the patch notes and individual tweets for each skin, but I just checked out the shop and only the school ones are discounted.

The purchasable skins added on the 13th (Wales, Atago, Takao, Prinz) were supposed to be 20% off until the 30th according to the patch notes and individual tweets for each skin, but I just checked out the shop and only the school ones are discounted.
Oh, them. I have no idea why but I was thinking of the first set of Swimsuits they put up a month or so ago now. My bad.

Hmm, possible compensation then for anyone who buys them at full price. I'm deifnitely waiting until we get confirmation though. I like the skins, especially Prinz, but if I need to pay full price, I'll just save my gems for Live2D ones. At least I managed to get Atago's skin.

I'VE BEEN FARMING AND BUILDING FOR HER FOR WEEKS AND NOW SHE FINALLY COMES HOME

Did my daily two light builds and got excited when both of their build times were 2 hours. She was the second!

Yeah, that's pretty unpleasant.

But every now and then I see teams that are obviously designed to be weak. I've asked before and didn't get an answer: Is there a point to setting a tough defense fleet? Do we gain anything from winning defensively?

But every now and then I see teams that are obviously designed to be weak. I've asked before and didn't get an answer: Is there a point to setting a tough defense fleet? Do we gain anything from winning defensively?
Keep others from getting higher to allow yourself to get higher ranking I'd assume. I have an easy one on mine.

Is Ajax worth leveling up?
Yes, as a royals, she can get the Queen E. Buff, and after kai, her weapon bonus are increased to 160% on cannon and torpedo, so a light cruiser torpedo damage with a heavy cruiser cannon damage, main weakness is her low HP and weak Anti-air.
Her third skill giant killer also gives up to 25% more damage to Heavy cruiser

To prevent other from fighting you so they don't jump over you

Is there any easy guide to know which units are good? tbh I find everything a bit complex (I started playing a few days ago) :\

Right now my frontline is San Diego, Laffey and Prinz Eugen, but I just got Takao and I don't know if I should replace any other girl for Takao.

Back is Prince of Wales, Saratoga and Long Island.

Also, what is retrofit and kai?

what is the best practice for PvP?

Maybe something like 1 BB, 2 CV in Main fleet or something like that?

Is there any rough guides of fleet composition that is the most dependable?

Is there any easy guide to know which units are good? tbh I find everything a bit complex (I started playing a few days ago) :\

Right now my frontline is San Diego, Laffey and Prinz Eugen, but I just got Takao and I don't know if I should replace any other girl for Takao.

There is a tier list with explanation here:

https://pastebin.com/ZMBi8g6R

retrofit = improve the existing ship to get better stat.
kai = a Japanese term, used as a suffix to indicate a "modified" or most likely "improved" version. (Saratoga Kai = Saratoga after retrofit)

If you're trying to take of Prince of Wales ability to the fullest, then I don't think you should add Takao. However, I would suggest you switch Sandy for Cleveland if you have it. While I totally get you want to shut down Aviation, Cleveland does the same thing (albeit only on herself) she also has another ability where she increases the entire fleet's damage output. Do note that you'd be giving up on Sandy's torpedoes ultimately.

As for Retrofits/Kai, the long story short of that is, is that some units (like Long Island will eventually be able to in EN) can essentially be limit broken in a different way. If you have a Suffolk or a ranger, go to her and hit the retrofit option for a visual, but basically, if you have the blueprints needed, you can enhance her stats even further. Some BB's and become both for instance (not for EN yet though).

what is the best practice for PvP?

Maybe something like 1 BB, 2 CV in Main fleet or something like that?

Is there any rough guides of fleet composition that is the most dependable?
The only guides I've seen are equipment guides. That said though, I don't necessarily think there is a "best practice" in terms of layout. Personally when I build or think of a build, I look at what abilities they have to help each other out.
A classic example is Illustrious, Enterprise, and Hood. Illustrious proctects the front from damage, meanwhile Enterprise hits the front for massive damage, and the Hood hits the back.
A really popular back row are the fox twins + Enterprise. The Fox Twins hit super hard super fast when both are on board, and then Enterprise just sweeps whatever is left.
On the reverse side, you can totally play 3 BB to absolutely decimate someone's back row meanwhile you have Eldridge so your front row can dodge all incoming attacks.

The great ( or abusive really) thing about Azur Lane is that if you're losing in a PVP match, there is no drawback for quitting the match and trying again. If you have enough leveled up boats, you can just counter-pick what they have and go from there. Like in the example above with 3 CV, shut it down with Cleveland and then have Belfast to have smokescreen up.

Outside of the tier list that was posted above, what also helps is having great equipment. It can really go a long way.

There is a tier list with explanation here:

https://pastebin.com/ZMBi8g6R

retrofit = improve the existing ship to get better stat.
kai = a Japanese term, used as a suffix to indicate a "modified" or most likely "improved" version. (Saratoga Kai = Saratoga after retrofit)
If you're trying to take of Prince of Wales ability to the fullest, then I don't think you should add Takao. However, I would suggest you switch Sandy for Cleveland if you have it. While I totally get you want to shut down Aviation, Cleveland does the same thing (albeit only on herself) she also has another ability where she increases the entire fleet's damage output. Do note that you'd be giving up on Sandy's torpedoes ultimately.

As for Retrofits/Kai, the long story short of that is, is that some units (like Long Island will eventually be able to in EN) can essentially be limit broken in a different way. If you have a Suffolk or a ranger, go to her and hit the retrofit option for a visual, but basically, if you have the blueprints needed, you can enhance her stats even further. Some BB's and become both for instance (not for EN yet though).
Ok, thanks both.

Another question: should I use some random units to enhance my "main" ships? My dock is reaching its capacity, so I need to do something I guess.

Ok, thanks both.

Another question: should I use some random units to enhance my "main" ships? My dock is reaching its capacity, so I need to do something I guess.
Yeah, that's completely fine for commons. Of course, Aviators REALLY need other Aviators for enhancement since they're the only units that provide that stat-up. Everyone else can just eat each other. Of course, if you have a Spence enhance a Spence for example, the stat growth would be doubled. Other than that, do know that Rare and onward provide medals when you retire them which can be exchanged for a SR when you have enough.

What am I supposed to farm next after I get both Kaga and Akagi?
More Akaga to limit break. Not to mention 3-4 is the only place with repair kit, and F4U is the best purple fighter.

Alternatively:

Yuudachi in 6-4. Another SSR with abysmal drop rate.
Gold in 2-1.
Shpfu. If you play this as a collection game you should have every ship!
Equipment. Gold equipment is probably not worth the time (drop rate is way too low) but many decent purple stuff out there.
Purple plate.

Last edited:
Kaga has arrived! The sisters are reunited and I am free from the Fox Mines! Until I need more repair kits.

So I suppose it's on to either 5-2 for Queen Elizabeth or 6-4 for Yuudachi.

Nice, I just got both Kana and Akagi in just 10 tries :D

Now I have to level them up and start chapter 4.

Yeah, that's completely fine for commons. Of course, Aviators REALLY need other Aviators for enhancement since they're the only units that provide that stat-up. Everyone else can just eat each other. Of course, if you have a Spence enhance a Spence for example, the stat growth would be doubled. Other than that, do know that Rare and onward provide medals when you retire them which can be exchanged for a SR when you have enough.
Thanks for the advise!

10 tries? I have spent two weeks at 3-4 so far and has gotten 4 Kaga but zero Akagi. I just want to move on...
Just keep thinking you are there for the repair kit. Desire sensor should work.

No reason not to move on though and come back later, especially if your commander level is already 20 higher. Getting to commander lv70 will unlock the best daily.

Last edited: