Berserk |OT| - A new ERA for the Band of the Hawk

Life is worth living again!

With the Japanese release of volume 40 on September 28th this was to be expected, but it's still nice to have it confirmed. I can't wait to see the cover too!

Volume 40 is listed to have only 180 pages, so it seems like this upcoming chapter will be the last one for volume 40, making the total amount of chapters for volume 40 only 7.

Wow that was the shortest break Miura's taken in a long time. Maybe this means a monthly schedule with the occasional off month.
I just hope we don't get 1 chapter so he can get volume 40 out and then go on another hiatus.

It seems like a volume a year is the current pattern even though the volumes are getting really thin.

I'm tempering my expectations since it's probably too soon to switch back to Guts and Casca. Hopefully some interesting stuff happens on Griffith's side though and we don't get another chapter split between 2 months.

Looks like the whole chapter has been translated now.

Great art and
some very interesting use of Sonia's abilities. Seems like Griffith's army could pop up just about anywhere now, which could certainly be very worrisome for Guts and everyone on Skellig. Also it's always fun to see Laban turn up.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I getting pretty board of this...I mean at this stage I hope Miura actually just stays with Griffith being this heroic type and have him and Guts face off anyway...Having him take a dark twist after this, would make almost all the time he has spent on 'the good deads of Griffith the messiah' seem somewhat of time waste...Or maybe that is because of how slow the releases are...

jett

Community Resettler
The Griffith stuff is moving along slow as molasses. Is he a villain anymore in this story? I'm unsure at what kind of confrontation Guts and Griffith will have, if any. I guess Miura is showing us how he's becoming a god-like ruler for when Guts and company leave the fairy land(or whatever is called) and years have gone by in the outside world.

Hmmm, I getting pretty board of this...I mean at this stage I hope Miura actually just stays with Griffith being this heroic type and have him and Guts face off anyway...Having him take a dark twist after this, would make almost all the time he has spent on 'the good deads of Griffith the messiah' seem somewhat of time waste...Or maybe that is because of how slow the releases are...
The Griffith stuff is moving along slow as molasses. Is he a villain anymore in this story? I'm unsure at what kind of confrontation Guts and Griffith will have, if any. I guess Miura is showing us how he's becoming a god-like ruler for when Guts and company leave the fairy land(or whatever is called) and years have gone by in the outside world.
I am still quite confident that Griffith will reveal some monstrous plan before it's over (and I do think these chapters will flow just fine when collected). He is pulling the wool over the eyes of the entire population, and that will take time if it's to be done convincingly (even here we see how people aren't comfortable with monster allies)...but I don't for a second believe that he's in it for the good of anyone but himself. An interesting question will be whether his followers ever actually understand what they're a part of.

I am still quite confident that Griffith will reveal some monstrous plan before it's over (and I do think these chapters will flow just fine when collected). He is pulling the wool over the eyes of the entire population, and that will take time if it's to be done convincingly (even here we see how people aren't comfortable with monster allies)...but I don't for a second believe that he's in it for the good of anyone but himself. An interesting question will be whether his followers ever actually understand what they're a part of.
Maybe Griffith just likes his monster slaying? He seems content enough riding around killing monsters and coming back home to chill out with Sonia and eating Charlotte's cake. He has his kingdom now and he just gets to be a hero. I think it's something he even wanted.

Maybe Griffith just likes his monster slaying? He seems content enough riding around killing monsters and coming back home to chill out with Sonia and eating Charlotte's cake. He has his kingdom now and he just gets to be a hero. I think it's something he even wanted.
He probably does like it, but I think there's a purpose here. On the second page of this chapter:

"I will pave the way and keep advancing."

There's gotta be some goal here. (And from a storyline perspective, there better be! haha)