Berserk |OT| - A new ERA for the Band of the Hawk

I would nut so fucking hard at the announcement of a properly made Berserk game. It would be a nut that would make Slan herself proud.
Oh, how I wish for a great Berserk game. I'm playing through Berserk Musou right now and while it's not... terrible, it's not all that good either...

I only got it because Judeau's playable.

I know most people would want From Software or Platinum to make the game, but after playing through God of War, I think there is no developer more suited for a Berserk game than SSM.

I know most people would want From Software or Platinum to make the game, but after playing through God of War, I think there is no developer more suited for a Berserk game than SSM.
The weight of the blows with the Leviathan Axe and the art style once you hit Freya's area sold me on them. They would nail Berserk's world.

I wonder how the game would be if SSM were to make it. I am thinking it would take place at the time Guts was hunting the apostles while Caska is with Rickert.

Would work well if they were to base it on GoW's formula.

The weight of the blows with the Leviathan Axe and the art style once you hit Freya's area sold me on them. They would nail Berserk's world.
I wonder how the game would be if SSM were to make it. I am thinking it would take place at the time Guts was hunting the apostles while Caska is with Rickert.

Would work well if they were to base it on GoW's formula.
Yuke's PS2 Berserk game sold the weightiness of the Dragon Slayer pretty well. (Also looks better than the modern anime attempts...)

Hmm, I just listened to the latest SkullKast, and they speculated that Sonia, or possibly both Sonia and Mule will be the first ones to use The World Spiral Tree and fast travel to Elfhelm before a possible assault. I can see this happening. It would make sense.

Sonia meeting Schierke again, Sonia finally learning the truth about Griffith and perhaps we'll even get another round between Mule and Isidro, LOL. It would be very interesting and lead to great character development.

Hmm, I just listened to the latest SkullKast, and they speculated that Sonia, or possibly both Sonia and Mule will be the first ones to use The World Spiral Tree and fast travel to Elfhelm before a possible assault. I can see this happening. It would make sense.

Sonia meeting Schierke again, Sonia finally learning the truth about Griffith and perhaps we'll even get another round between Mule and Isidro, LOL. It would be very interesting and lead to great character development.
Why do people think Sonia doesn't know what Griffith really is? I honestly think she knows, but just really doesn't care.

I highly doubt she knows anything about Femto, including the rape of Casca. She would have said something...
Sonia hangs around with demons all day though and even crushes on archer guy. Sonia never really struck me as the most sane person. Maybe she would say something but I really don't see that as a thing that would stop her from following Griffith, unless there's something about her backstory that I don't know of. Even if she doesn't know about Femto I'm pretty sure she knows Griffith isn't human. The Hawk of Light isn't something known to be human in this universe, it always struck me as something transcending humanity.

Sonia hangs around with demons all day though and even crushes on archer guy. Sonia never really struck me as the most sane person. Maybe she would say something but I really don't see that as a thing that would stop her from following Griffith, unless there's something about her backstory that I don't know of. Even if she doesn't know about Femto I'm pretty sure she knows Griffith isn't human. The Hawk of Light isn't something known to be human in this universe, it always struck me as something transcending humanity.
Sonia is a medium, she, at the very least, has a sense of who Femto used to be and how he got there.

Also, I'm pretty certain she's not all there.

Sonia is a medium, she, at the very least, has a sense of who Femto used to be and how he got there.

Also, I'm pretty certain she's not all there.
This is why I'm quite certain she knows who Griffith is and isn't just ignorant of the stuff he used to do. I think just because the story never spelled this out it's still more than safe to assume stuff like this. Also yes Sonia's not fully there. Also for as crazy as Sonia is, she isn't a dumb person so she probably came to Griffith knowing full well of the stuff he has done.

This is why I'm quite certain she knows who Griffith is and isn't just ignorant of the stuff he used to do. I think just because the story never spelled this out it's still more than safe to assume stuff like this. Also yes Sonia's not fully there. Also for as crazy as Sonia is, she isn't a dumb person so she probably came to Griffith knowing full well of the stuff he has done.
I would imagine the revelation of information came to Sonia about Femto like it came to Puck when he found out about the Eclipse through contact with Guts.

Then again, maybe she just read his mind or memories. And agreed, she isn't dumb. Would conniving also describe her? Unsure but I feel like it would.

I would imagine the revelation of information came to Sonia about Femto like it came to Puck when he found out about the Eclipse through contact with Guts.

Then again, maybe she just read his mind or memories. And agreed, she isn't dumb. Would conniving also describe her? Unsure but I feel like it would.
Maybe she seems to like to ruffle feathers a bit. I know she like to tease Mule and doesn't think well of Charlotte so "conniving" might be accurate. I also would like to know how she comes to her information. Doesn't she know more than she should about Schierke?

Maybe she seems to like to ruffle feathers a bit. I know she like to tease Mule and doesn't think well of Charlotte so "conniving" might be accurate. I also would like to know how she comes to her information. Doesn't she know more than she should about Schierke?
That meeting was interesting. It was like an innocent child (Schierke) meeting a super mischievous, up to no good kid (Sonia) that plays the babe in the woods. You get what I mean? Feels like she knows more than she lets on.

That meeting was interesting. It was like an innocent child (Schierke) meeting a super mischievous, up to no good kid (Sonia) that plays the babe in the woods. You get what I mean? Feels like she knows more than she lets on.
I get the feeling that she plays at appearing dumb at times, but I think she fails at it. Sonia wanted to gobble Schierke up into her own world. She played at friendship, but her friendship is probably Rosine tier diabolical. I think Mule is honestly afraid of her, he does not step out of line with that woman.

I get the feeling that she plays at appearing dumb at times, but I think she fails at it. Sonia wanted to gobble Schierke up into her own world. She played at friendship, but her friendship is probably Rosine tier diabolical. I think Mule is honestly afraid of her, he does not step out of line with that woman.
I agree. I actually am a bit on edge about her. Is that Miura being nuanced? If so, I dig.

Also, to be clear, she is not an apostle and only a medium right? Wonder if this is intentionally vague. Might just be me.

I agree. I actually am a bit on edge about her. Is that Miura being nuanced? If so, I dig.

Also, to be clear, she is not an apostle and only a medium right? Wonder if this is intentionally vague. Might just be me.
I'm operating under the assumption that she's pure human. If she was an apostle the war demons wouldn't have been fucking with her when she was walking through their area. She's not afraid of them though, she even spoke to them as if they were children. I think Sonia's the type to be playful until something truly doesn't go her way, then she'll just unleash her full nut case.

It wasn't looking good when a date wasn't given for the next chapter at the end of the last chapter, but it's now confirmed that we won't be getting a new chapter this month.

**sigh** Well at least we've got the posters that'll be in volume 40 to look forward to at the end of the month.

So a concept artist working at Playground Games posted art that's from something called they're calling "The Berserk Project". I highly doubt it's for a game or anything like that but it's still neat regardless.

https://www.artstation.com/conarcross

The shot of the eclipse is pretty great.
Very interesting; I actually like the other ones even more.

This SK thread has the tiniest blurb about Volume 40 including some kind of project. It links to a French source which says that the 9/28 Young Animal will have some info.

Kilrogg

Resettlement Advisor
Just finished volume 39.

Man, so many flashbacks seen through the eyes of Casca. Really feels like a journey coming full circle.

Already preordered volume 40 in Japanese, should get it in early October. Can't wait. People say this is gonna be the shortest volume so far. How short are we talking? Most volumes have 10 chapters... How many does vol. 40 feature?

Also, I've only glanced at the last couple pages, but are untagged spoilers okay or something? I know the chapters or vol. 40 are already out there, but it feels kinda wrong not to tag them even though the volume they appear in isn't even out in Japanese yet.