Berserk |OT| - A new ERA for the Band of the Hawk

Just finished volume 39.

Man, so many flashbacks seen through the eyes of Casca. Really feels like a journey coming full circle.

Already preordered volume 40 in Japanese, should get it in early October. Can't wait. People say this is gonna be the shortest volume so far. How short are we talking? Most volumes have 10 chapters... How many does vol. 40 feature?

Also, I've only glanced at the last couple pages, but are untagged spoilers okay or something? I know the chapters or vol. 40 are already out there, but it feels kinda wrong not to tag them even though the volume they appear in isn't even out in Japanese yet.
Only spoiler tags for the latest chapter until release

Kilrogg

Resettlement Advisor
Time to sell!
Vol 1-39, $600
Also, time to rearrange the shelves again.
$600?? Just how much does a volume cost in the US exactly?

If I imported all 40 volumes from Japan on Amazon, the whole set would cost me less than €400 (i.e. $467) with import tax and shipping fees. Probably more like €360 actually.

Wow, really? Is this a general issue with manga in the US? Or is it just Berserk?

And I complain when a manga costs €8-9 over here... Damn, I feel for you guys.
Berserk is usually more expensive than other manga I've noticed. Part of that is a lot of volumes go out of print very quickly and the price rises accordingly. Some rare volumes were going for like $25 to $30 a few years ago.

Kilrogg

Resettlement Advisor
Berserk is usually more expensive than other manga I've noticed. Part of that is a lot of volumes go out of print very quickly and the price rises accordingly. Some rare volumes were going for like $25 to $30 a few years ago.
Whew... Well, to be fair... Berserk is worth it. Man, can't wait for vol. 40.

Buying Berserk volumes and keeping them in mint condition is like stock trading.
I think about it every time RightStuf has a sale.
My joke was definitely based on the resale value. It isn't uncommon to see complete sets in the $500-600 range. I thought about selling all my in-stock replaceable manga during my last move.

I don't know if I can do it. Knowing it will take years until we catch up and the slight possibility they drop the line, and the multi-year gap between new volumes...

I’m still not over them changing the spine of the new volume prints. It really ruined the picture I had of the full collection as I can’t stand putting the new spines next to the old ones (I keep them horizontally to the side).

The hardcover looks great tbh but I prefer having the volume artwork, they’re too good.

Some context: that guy is Matsuzaki Shigeru, a Japanese singer / "talent" whose dark tan has been the butt of many, many jokes for years now. Casting him as the "black" swordsman (the word "black" is emphasized when he reveals his face at the end) genuinely is a joke.

My apologies if this has been asked a lot, but where can I buy the digital versions of all the volumes (so far) in the UK? I've tried Comixology.co.uk but I can't find it there. The official Dark Horse website doesn't sell it in the UK either.