Board Gaming Era |OT| (Mostly) Unplugged Gaming

BattleCON question:

The 150 level of the new kickstarter gets me the box and devestation and the newest expansion.

War is a completely different set of people and is standalone? It's on sale at MM so I'd like to get that now and wait for the big box of stuff later

and the unleashed box will have tuck boxes for all of the expansions for me to eventually fill out?

BattleCON question:

The 150 level of the new kickstarter gets me the box and devestation and the newest expansion.

War is a completely different set of people and is standalone? It's on sale at MM so I'd like to get that now and wait for the big box of stuff later

and the unleashed box will have tuck boxes for all of the expansions for me to eventually fill out?
With level 150 you get Devastation ( something like 38 character ) and Wanderer ( 10 more ) + strech goal.

War remaster is 18 character
there is also Fate ( 10 chara ) and Trial ( 10 chara, only box which already had tuck boxes for it's character )
and every games characters are unique.

If I'm not mistaken with the level 150 you will have every tuckboxes ( devastation, war, fate ) except Trial ones ( since you get them when you get Trial ).

With level 150 you get Devastation ( something like 38 character ) and Wanderer ( 10 more ) + strech goal.

War remaster is 18 character
there is also Fate ( 10 chara ) and Trial ( 10 chara, only box which already had tuck boxes for it's character )
and every games characters are unique.

If I'm not mistaken with the level 150 you will have every tuckboxes ( devastation, war, fate ) except Trial ones ( since you get them when you get Trial ).
So there's no overlap with any of the specific sets?

Got my fingers crossed on Warehouse 13 making the first half of October myself
Good luck!

Little frustrating that newer games have been hitting amazon before gameshops and sites . I want to support Game places. Forbidden sky is avail on amazon now but I asked status of my preorder from mini mart and they were all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks GrimGrinningGuy i have high hopes, plus it’s not a retail style production run so hope

At least I have my booster box of transformers tcg to be hype for, love starting the community of a new game. Not planning to buy a starter, may buy an equivalent amount of boosters instead if singles are available

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Thanks GrimGrinningGuy i have high hopes, plus it’s not a retail style production run so hope

At least I have my booster box of transformers tcg to be hype for, love starting the community of a new game. Not planning to buy a starter, may buy an equivalent amount of boosters instead if singles are available
My starter boxes and booster box should be here this week for Transformers. Looking forward to it.

So there's no overlap with any of the specific sets?
Not from what I know. ( I'm only missing War remaster, thought I have yet to play probably half of the characters I own.. if not more )

I think the total is 84 unique fighters with Wanderers and no overlap, goes up to 86 with the 2 promo fighter in this kickstarter( Gar & Neuromille Kei ), then add at least 3 other promo fighter from Trial's kickstarter ( Jin, Raritti, Merjoram ) which are listed as an addon of this kickstarter for 10$.
edit : we can also add current stretch goals since Rheye Cal just got unlocked, I'm guessing we will unlock 2~3 other new fighters if they are every 50k.$ and ~3 from the social stretch goals ( Takeshi, Evil Hikaru, Claus & Wynhal are very likely ). Should put us at about 95 unique fighters, with the Unleashed box having room for 110.

I don't know much about older promo fighters but from what I heard in their podcast/streams there is at least a few of them which won't be reprinted because they are unbalanced and/or cross promo with other licence.

My starter boxes and booster box should be here this week for Transformers. Looking forward to it.
Yeah, with a box I figured I didn’t need the duplicate commons from the starters, plus prime and bee having other versions I didn’t see the press on them; plus no full ruleset, turn order reference or tokens(just some flimsy paper stuff). Now the metroplex box in November, I’m all over that.

You can mix them with other factions. What I generally do with Smash Up (since I have a LOT of factions) is pull the 2x the player count +2 for factions randomly from the box. If the group wants to play with munchkin or cthulu I pull all of the cthulu or muchkin decks and make everyone draft once through only those decks. Then I remove any remaining decks and replace them with random factions from the box and reverse order draft them. That way nobody has an unfair advantage in terms of game changing mechanics.

Normally I mix all bases together, but I keep bases with madness and monster/loot effects separately. If we’re playing with decks that have those mechanics I try and mix in a few normal bases with their specific bases. Only exception is if we do only munchkin stuff, then I’ll only use munchkin bases.
Cool thanks for the suggestions. Actually can't wait to play it again if I get my own games!

Picked up Don't Mess with Cthulhu and Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters to prepare myself for October only to realize that Monster Lands and Monster Slaughter might be arriving before Halloween too. So much scary games!!! So good.

Hopefully Don't mess is good, any thoughts out there?

Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to the Endeavor exploits and the anti slavery stuff like Underground Railroad or Haiti.
Never played with the antislavery exploits but some one did run the Europe deck out so that two of us would get bitten by the minus points for exploiting slavery. It's certainly a, uh, interesting mechanic.

Never played with the antislavery exploits but some one did run the Europe deck out so that two of us would get bitten by the minus points for exploiting slavery. It's certainly a, uh, interesting mechanic.
It's sadly true to history (as in, slavery in real life is sad). I think the new exploits made that even clearer that it's meant as a historical thing rather than an edgy or offensive thing.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Got my Sentinels Oblivaeon today, finally. Holy shit the box is ridiculously large.

Also got Cryptid today.

Thank you for sharing! This is my baby, and I would love it if some Era people are interested :D
99% funded right now!
That's awesome! I'm hoping to get a game on KS next year. I'll be backing yours. Love the concept.

I recieved my Smash Up (base + 2 expansions + Munchkin [I am a hoard buyer, lol]) games!
Will try to play it with my SO, but she is usually not that into "geek/nerd" culture themes.

Love the Munchkin illustrations, but the Monster/Treasure concept does seem weird in theory - we will see.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! This is my baby, and I would love it if some Era people are interested :D
99% funded right now!
I saw this posted in the thread a while back and while I'm most likely going to back it. Any chance the graphic design on the card is going to get a second pass? Something about it, just doesn't sit with me. Game looks really good though! :D :)

Any recommendations for board games that support over 6 people? Once we can't play Betrayal at House on the Hill we usually end up going to Spyfall or Red Dragon Inn. Love RDI but it ends up taking a long time with that many people. Easier/"party" games are good too.

Any recommendations for board games that support over 6 people? Once we can't play Betrayal at House on the Hill we usually end up going to Spyfall or Red Dragon Inn. Love RDI but it ends up taking a long time with that many people. Easier/"party" games are good too.
Good Cop Bad Cop
The Thing:Infection at Outpost 31
Root (expansion supports 6)
Tortuga 1667
Telestrations
Samurai Spirit
Titan Race
Chartestone
Last Night on Earth

6 really is getting there with party games and might need to just split up into two small groups to get more game range. It was 5, I could give more recommendations. There are more games that do 6 but usually it feels tacked on or drags the game down with how long it is.

I looked at it a little bit. Watching some previews/reviews, it seemed pretty cool. Then I watched a couple of playthroughs, and the gameplay just didn't seem captivating enough to invest in. YMMV though.
What did you not like about the playthroughs? Want to make sure I see the same thing cause one playthough I saw seemed alright and nothing out of the ordinary to cause warning.

7 Wonders supports up to 7 players while keeping a brisk pace thanks to simultaneous turns.

Codenames

Zombicide black plague supports as many helped as you can throw at it technically but i haven't played more than 6

I saw this posted in the thread a while back and while I'm most likely going to back it. Any chance the graphic design on the card is going to get a second pass? Something about it, just doesn't sit with me. Game looks really good though! :D :)
Thanks! The basic cards might get a bit more added flair because some people thought they looked too basic, but that's pretty much it.

Also backed with my wife’s permission. The Rahdo video makes the game look really amazing. I guess the number cards seem a little plain, but I love the art style of everything else. It’s just the game I’ve been looking for to cure that Gloomhaven itch when I don’t want a half hour set up beforehand.

I hate watching kickstarter videos of awesome looking games while having to wait another 7 months for the game, haha.
:-(

Btw. The person I played Smash Up with also recommended FLUXX to me. I read up on it and since I like Munchkin (and now Smash Up) I might also like this?

I hate watching kickstarter videos of awesome looking games while having to wait another 7 months for the game, haha.
:-(

Btw. The person I played Smash Up with also recommended FLUXX to me. I read up on it and since I like Munchkin (and now Smash Up) I might also like this?
Fluxx is another "take that!" random nonsense kind of thing. If you like Munchkin you'd probably enjoy that too. Another I'd recommend in that genre is We Didn't Playtest This At All. It provides a lot of that same chaos, but in a much faster format than Munchkin or Fluxx, so I use it as a great opening game.

Haha, looks ridiculous. I enjoy those games for sure. Biggest reason may be that I don't have anyone to play more complex games with me and most people look for the "fun factor" rather than strategy or workin towards a goal.
I really, really want to play Gaia Project for example, but that will never happen :-/

What did you not like about the playthroughs? Want to make sure I see the same thing cause one playthough I saw seemed alright and nothing out of the ordinary to cause warning.
I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the game, necessarily. It just seems rather tedious to me, especially with the 1 stamina/square movement, and different actions taking different amounts of stamina. Now, there's not a lot of playthroughs for this, so it could just be the person I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuZ5vIIA6sY

I wanted to pick someone not affiliated with the game, as there is an obvious bias there. This was one of the two that I found (for the 2E), and neither really convinced me that this was something new and exciting enough to live alongside the other Lovecraft and/or dungeon-crawly stuff that I have on my shelves.

What do you all think of Tiny Epic Mechs so far? I think the concept is really neat, but watching playthroughs I am not sure about the flow of the game. The laying out and revealing part of the game is killing the pace a little bit.

What do you all think of Tiny Epic Mechs so far? I think the concept is really neat, but watching playthroughs I am not sure about the flow of the game. The laying out and revealing part of the game is killing the pace a little bit.
I decided not to back it because of the pace as well as the removing and replacing of the armor seemed like it could get annoying. There wasn't anything I couldn't live without in the deluxe stuff so I figured I may as well wait till retail and see how the reviews hit.

I'm not sure. I really enjoyed Tiny Epic Zombies, but Tiny Epic Mechs doesn't excite me for some reason. I do like programming games, and the idea seems fun. Maybe I should watch some more video's.

Any recommendable, not too complex "programming" board games? The mechanic is new to me - wondering if I would feel the same issue with pacing.
How programmy?
I mean technically room 25 has programming but it's not a ton.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/212956/room-25-ultimate

Space alert isn't to bad once you get it down but can be a bit complex to learn in the first place.
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38453/space-alert

uh https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/142267/bomb-squad isn't to complex to learn, but it's also not a great game. Though I haven't hated my time with it, just not amazing either.

I don't recall lords of xidit to be to bad to learn, but I have had mixed reactions to it
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/156566/lords-xidit