COMICS!!!|OT| October 2018 |We Achieved Something!

I ordered Superman Rebirth 1-4 'cus The New Frontier got me in that DC mode. You guys better not have been lying about this run or ima be real mad, like, make a post in all caps and drop a few 'dangs' and 'hecks' at y'all.
Enjoy, but I do recommend snagging and reading the two “road to rebirth” volumes first. Helps with context and the Lois and Clark story is just a damn good read on its own.

Thanks for the OT! Happy October!! This is merely coincidence, but I'm about to hit Blackest Night in my GL reading. I'm very confused about what to read and in what order for this event. Please help me.
I recently read it, and only read Blackest Night and the GL and GLC books and it was enough. The Tales of the Corps was also pretty good.

BKatastrophe Since the last thread was closed: I feel like what I felt from the Domino Annual is what I was supposed to feel from Heroes in Crisis. King just had to make it this bombastic event for the rubes, but something low-key dealing with how heroes and super-powered individuals deal with life would have worked better for me.

Over the last few months, I bought Venom books for around 250 bucks and it ks most likely my worst invested money ever.
Then again, it was a great opporturnity to get a few OOP books feom the list on my eternal journey to own all sm related comic books

Are you refferring too Batman #666? That was such an awesome standalone issue! The murder mystery thing after it is a bit different from the rest of the run, but I promise it makes since in the larger overall storyline. I was not a big fan of that arc when it first came out, but on my second read through, I actually quite enjoyed it. I really enjoy how Morrison switches things up for some arcs.

The next arc after that though might feel a bit jarring, only because in the Omni they only collected the Batman issues from that crossover. Havent finished that arc yet myself though, so im not sure how it reads with only these new pages thrown in, in place of the crossover issues.
Yeah, that arc was really weird reading. It kept getting interrupted like a waiter asking you how your food was righs as you are chewing on the first bite. I then remembered your post about it being some crossover.

At least the new Quitely Burnham recap pages helped a little.

BKatastrophe Since the last thread was closed: I feel like what I felt from the Domino Annual is what I was supposed to feel from Heroes in Crisis. King just had to make it this bombastic event for the rubes, but something low-key dealing with how heroes and super-powered individuals deal with life would have worked better for me.
Too bad it's a short story but I hope Gail likes it enough to make it a thing

Cyclops at the top of an X-Men popularity list? All is right with the world. The fuzzy elf at #2? Equally acceptable. Wolverine's chump ass getting the bronze medal? Whoever voted in that poll is good people.

Too bad it's a short story but I hope Gail likes it enough to make it a thing
Hope so. Right now I'm mostly shocked the book's lasted past it's first arc.

I'm growing to hate Morrison's Batman. WHY HE HAS TO OVERCOMPLICATE EVERYTHING? Reading GM's Batman is like reading 4chan conspiracy threads.

I watched the original Hellboy movie this weekend. I had definitely seen it when it originally came to video. But wow, outside of the opening scene I couldn’t remember a thing about the plot. It was like watching a brand new movie.

Wait...what just happened here?

Batman Inc is a pretty confusing book. I’m assuming the issue that rushes through Talia’s life is just summarizing old storylines?
Yeah this issue was bringing back an old story into canon if I remember correctly, and was kind of rushing it so Morrison could do something new with it

I'm growing to hate Morrison's Batman. WHY HE HAS TO OVERCOMPLICATE EVERYTHING? Reading GM's Batman is like reading 4chan conspiracy threads.
Wha-Wha...how did he overcomplinate hings? :V

Then again I'm a Morrison Bat fan, and I rarely dig Batman. I just wish more writers took the "every interpretation of said character is just a year or two in a character's life" approach.

When I tried reading Morrison's Batman I got confused as hell about the Dr. Hurt stuff and the Return of Bruce Wayne. Ended up dropping it in the first N52 Batman Inc. volume (which I know is really close to the end). I do plan on trying it again some time.

Right now I'm attempting to read Seven Soldiers for the the third time, hopefully I'll at least make it to Book Two lol. I am definitely getting into it more than previously this time though.

It says #1 on it, but is there going to be more than one issue? Will all the stories inside be one shots?
Should just be that one collection. They’re usually marked as #1, despite being the only release. All of DCs Halloween stuff is already in solicits. Although, I guess those don’t mention this Wal-Mart stuff, do they?

Also, why the fuck does DC think I want to ever set foot in WM?

Thanks! Yeah, this is my first time. Been reading through Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern slowly over the past couple months. Took a break after Sinestro War and started up again last week. It's just random coincidence that I'll be reading Blackest Night in October, so that should be fun.
Yeah, np. Hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, that arc was really weird reading. It kept getting interrupted like a waiter asking you how your food was righs as you are chewing on the first bite. I then remembered your post about it being some crossover.

At least the new Quitely Burnham recap pages helped a little.
Yea I thought it might be. Im glad they did those extra pages, but they really should have just included the actual issues.

lolol, Where are you at that you feel has gotten over complicated? If you think thats bad, just wait till Final Crisis...

Also, why the fuck does DC think I want to ever set foot in WM?
I hadn't given them money since I was a child. It's such a fucking depressing place, and the people that work at the one near me are super unfriendly. I imagine it's a lot more quiet than most since it's on a mountain.

Cyclops bum ass. The love for him I will never understand.
You don't understand real ones.

I feel the same about Emma.
Emma is prolly the only time I'll ever admit describing a woman as someone who "slays". Fashion on point, attitude on point. Just such a great fucking character. Stopped Scott from being with boring ass "Oh I didn't mean to read your mind, you were just thinking so loud!" Jean Grey.

Yes, Emma reads your mind but she's not gonna play the vanilla "Oh gosh, golly gee I'm sorry" crap Jean loves.

Last edited:
So I finished Morrison’s Animal Man over the weekend and that was quite the comic. I liked the social justice/animal rights stuff and the metanarrative/post-modern stuff equally and it was crazy how far he had everything planned out after the first few issues. Also that last issue was amazing.

I’m reading Arkham Asylum for the first time right now (THAT ART) and Doom Patrol is next.

I tried to find the books at my Walmart last time I was there and wasnt able to. Noone there even knew what I was talking about lol.

Kinda disappointing that Capullo's first Swamp Thing is going to be in a Walmart release. Ill try again next time im out that way since this is the first one ive actually really wanted.

You have to embrace the craziness.
it's not about the craziness, it's about not making sense. Every event has a twist in Morrison's Batman. I mean having twists is not an issue, but when you can predict that a twist is coming you feel less immersed in the story. it gets boring, repetitive and confusing after a while.

Last edited:
it's not about the craziness, it's about not making sense. Every event has a twist in Morrison's Batman. I mean having twists would is not an issue, but when you can predict that a twist is coming you feel less immersed in the story. it gets boring, repetitive and confusing after a while.
Where are you at in his run? Are you still in his Batman, or are you in one of the later books like Batman Inc?

The only “twists” I can think of from his og Batman, were that each arc ended being being a small part of the larger story. Seemingly random events ended up being tied together by a larger threat.

Not saying your wrong btw, just that I don’t recall and was curious where you were at so I can keep it in mind when I get to that part.

Last edited:
Dropped Post-Johns New Guardians. It's decent, but instead of the last 2 volumes I could be reading some much better stuff.

Started Soule's Red Lanterns and oh yeah this is good. Don't really like the art that much but the story's real nice.

I tried to find the books at my Walmart last time I was there and wasnt able to. Noone there even knew what I was talking about lol.

Kinda disappointing that Capullo's first Swamp Thing is going to be in a Walmart release. Ill try again next time im out that way since this is the first one ive actually really wanted.
They are near the checkout lines with Baseball cards and Mahic cards, etc...

Dropped Post-Johns New Guardians. It's decent, but instead of the last 2 volumes I could be reading some much better stuff.

Started Soule's Red Lanterns and oh yeah this is good. Don't really like the art that much but the story's real nice.
Should at least read the last issue Very solid.

The fuck is Gambit doing up so high.

I really liked how WW #55 brought back
Superwoman's Lasso to give to Artemis.

Also loving the setup to the Witching Hour. I hope it's good. I can't remember the last WW-centric event let alone a good one.

Where are you at in his run? Are you still in his Batman, or are you in one of the later books like Batman Inc?

The only “twists” I can think of from his og Batman, were that each arc ended being being a small part of the larger story. Seemingly random events ended up being tied together by a larger threat.

Not saying your wrong btw, just that I don’t recall and was curious where you were at so I can keep it in mind when I get to that part.
Batman RIP arc, Batman shooting the Joker.
Batman not being dead.
A second replica of Batman.
Him dying but not dying cuz.
Saxton being the Joker.
Dr. Hurt being an old Wayne guy who just wanted to mess with Bruce cuz his father had something to do with him.

It is confusing as hell. I don't know if they are twists or just some conspiracy theory level unveiling, I'm not a native English speaker so maybe I chose the wrong word, but reading GM's batman feels like this.