COMICS!!!|OT| October 2018 |We Achieved Something!

Batman RIP arc, Batman shooting the Joker.
Batman not being dead.
A second replica of Batman.
Him dying but not dying cuz.
Saxton being the Joker.
Dr. Hurt being an old Wayne guy who just wanted to mess with Bruce cuz his father had something to do with him.

It is confusing as hell. I don't know if they are twists or just some conspiracy theory level unveiling, I'm not a native English speaker so maybe I chose the wrong word, but reading GM's batman feels like this.

Ok yea, I totally see that. I didn’t have a problem until Final Crisis, but once that started I felt very similar.

I will say he chills out with all that stuff once Final Crisi ends. Everything after, starting with his Batman and Robin is pretty straightforward and relaxed. So don’t let this stop you from reading more if that interests you.

Oh yeah that's intended, I read him in an interview say that his run was written as "for Batman" with constant foreshadowing and clues for what's coming in a good part of the run.

It's a run that was best read at the time of its release with the comics internet pouring over it after each issues and annotation articles.

BKatastrophe Since the last thread was closed: I feel like what I felt from the Domino Annual is what I was supposed to feel from Heroes in Crisis. King just had to make it this bombastic event for the rubes, but something low-key dealing with how heroes and super-powered individuals deal with life would have worked better for me.
I haven't read HiC #1, but I loved the intimacy and the lack of spectacle for the annual. It's necessary to make that story work and it does.
I know y'all love him so much
What is this list for?
FUCK YEAH

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Hey nerds can some one name this series? It was about 1 superheroine but she had 2 friends and it dealt a lot with body issues, and one of the heroines dressed cowgirlish

Ok wtf, just got my Final Crisis Omni and this isn’t a book lol. It’s freaking huge! I’ve never seen anything like it. Thought my Teen Titans Omni was big lol, but this is just rediculous.

Justice League Generation Lost finished. That was excellent. One 24-issue long storyline that never felt boring or badly paced. Art wasn't special at all, but it was serviceable. Loved the characterization by Winnick, and the explanation about Max Lord's descent from philanthropist patron of the JLI to psychopathic OMAC controller.

Really good book. Happy to have read it.

You're saying that as if you find it hard to believe anyone could.
Maybe it’s the delayed release schedule, but it’s really not resonating with me at all. I recognize parts of it are interesting, or new characters, but I feel like the overall story is a really huge dud. I hope it comes together.

Oh, that thread title.

The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane
Am I awake or do I dream,
The strangest pictures I have seen
Night is day and twilight's gone away

Ok wtf, just got my Final Crisis Omni and this isn’t a book lol. It’s freaking huge! I’ve never seen anything like it. Thought my Teen Titans Omni was big lol, but this is just rediculous.
Yea, mine arrives today too. 1500+ pages. (I think the recent Arkham Omni had as much as well).

A good video overview of the Omni and given it collects all of the important tie-ins in proper reading order, it should help make sense of the madness.

Oh, that thread title.

I don't get why people didn't like that arc. It was fun, it was comedic, it had Skids and Nautica dancing, it had Rodimus giddy as a schoolgirl over the impending death of Thunderclash. What more do you want?

The actual advancement of the plot was always secondary to strong character interaction as far as I was concerned, though maybe Roberts could have done a better job at it with Lost Light where he crammed every important plot point into the last handful of issues.

I don't get why people didn't like that arc. It was fun, it was comedic, it had Skids and Nautica dancing, it had Rodimus giddy as a schoolgirl over the impending death of Thunderclash. What more do you want?

The actual advancement of the plot was always secondary to strong character interaction as far as I was concerned, though maybe Roberts could have done a better job at it with Lost Light where he crammed every important plot point into the last handful of issues.
I'm just really sad the book is almost over. It's been basically the only consistent thing in my life during its' run. As a Transformers fan since I could read, I will treasure it forever.

I will buy the reboot because it's Transformers but it's going to have to win me over all over again. I didn't think it would happen after I dropped off the first IDW run with All Hail Megatron, but I bought Last Stand of the Wreckers on a whim after getting a tablet and I ended up getting caught up in time for Chaos and haven't missed an issue since.

I'm just really sad the book is almost over. It's been basically the only consistent thing in my life during its' run. As a Transformers fan since I could read, I will treasure it forever.

I will buy the reboot because it's Transformers but it's going to have to win me over all over again. I didn't think it would happen after I dropped off the first IDW run with All Hail Megatron, but I bought Last Stand of the Wreckers on a whim after getting a tablet and I ended up getting caught up in time for Chaos and haven't missed an issue since.
MTMTE made me a diehard Transformers fan, my only real diving into the franchise being Beast Wars as a kid, to the point where there's about two dozen robot toys staring at me as I type this, but Lost Light has been such a disappointment to me.

It's still fine save for the missteps like issues #20 and #23, or the disappointment that was the Mutineers Trilogy which should have been a high point of the whole run, but Roberts was on the top of his game for 55 issues straight where he didn't miss a single beat.

Yea, mine arrives today too. 1500+ pages. (I think the recent Arkham Omni had as much as well).

A good video overview of the Omni and given it collects all of the important tie-ins in proper reading order, it should help make sense of the madness.
Nice, thanks for posting this. Had never heard of that Death of the New Gods miniseries before this video. That actually sounds like it would be pretty important lol.

Oh, that thread title.

I don't think Messi is cool enough for this reference

I'm going to miss the crew