COMICS!!!|OT| October 2018 |We Achieved Something!

A lot of my friends love their comics, so thought I'd try some at the weekend and have got a bit hooked!

First big book I've read has been 'Bruce Wayne: Murderer?'

It was enjoyable but I found it a bit jarring because of how it jumps between different series' and obviously artstyles .

Also doesn't help that there were a couple of huge continuity issues

But, great fun on the whole. Found it easy to read on my phone too.

I don't know if the follow up (Fugitive) is a bit better in regards to the issues I had though.

Have also started reading the new Amazing Spider-Man series which seems like a welcome relief in tone.

(Have the first few volumes of Batman from The New 52 to get into as well)

Read Supergirl Red Daughter of Krypton and hello? This rules?? It's so great? IT'S SO GREAT
Is the rest of the run worth it too?

And yeah also red Red Lanterns vol 5 and it's great too. One more volume to go

Is Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates meant to be newcomer-friendly? I've read basically NO Black Panther material before. I just read #1 from the Black Panther Vol 1 OHC and I'm like, I feel like I missed years of material and plot points. No CLUE what's happening. Think I'm just going to put it back on the shelf for now.

Is Black Panther by Ta-Nehisi Coates meant to be newcomer-friendly? I've read basically NO Black Panther material before. I just read #1 from the Black Panther Vol 1 OHC and I'm like, I feel like I missed years of material and plot points. No CLUE what's happening. Think I'm just going to put it back on the shelf for now.
Priests run is more “new user” friendly. But I’d say Coates starts a bit dense regardless of your knowledge. It gets easier after issue 1

Still loving Hawkguy. About 9 issues left I think.

It really does just fell like a week in the life of Hawkeye story. I keep waiting for something to kick off, but it never really does, atleast not yet. The biggest event that has happened was in the arc called The Tape. There are hints that something big is going to go down I think, like the stuff with Fisk and all the other crime bosses.

Was kinda hoping to see more of his encounters with the Avengers, or even more Black Widow. Just something a bit more action focused that shows more of how absurd it is that hes jsut a regular guy with a bow.

Read Supergirl Red Daughter of Krypton and hello? This rules?? It's so great? IT'S SO GREAT
Is the rest of the run worth it too?

And yeah also red Red Lanterns vol 5 and it's great too. One more volume to go
Can you read Red Daughter alone or do you need Red Lanterns stuff, too?

Valk 4, I don’t remember Valk exactly and what its mission to cut scene ratio was, but wow how could the developers not see that their pacing is awful and their cut scenes are endless trash?

Also I’m reading a lot of Lazarus, it’s worthwhile and I enjoy it more than when I dropped it, up to issue 22 now I think.

Think im going to get Dragon Quest XI tomorrow after class.

Still havent finished Spider-Man, but im super close. Unlocked the Immonen ASM World Wide suit finally right before I stopped playing today. Really like how it looks in game.

Ive got Yakuza Kiwami 2 still sealed also, but I really want to check out Dragon Quest. Especially before RDR 2 is out. Too many good games and not enough time...