It's also a good idea to watch the top Puyo streamers and try to internalize the forms they use and their build orders. I can't type out all the Japanese players I follow atm but here's a link to a tweet I made for someone else with a bunch of good channels. https://twitter.com/S2LSOFTENER/status/1016104164231872512
Whoa, I'm surprised that this is a Community Spotlight thread now! I thought the timing is good and bad though. Good because there's a new Puyo Puyo game announced, but bad timing because an English localisation is currently uncertain and it's not released yet.
For Puyo Puyo e-Sports, the characters so far inherited movesets from older favourites:
- Hed (demonic guy next to Ringo): Suketoudara; yes, that means Suketoudara and Hed are clone playables.
- Sultana (flower lady on the top-right corner): Feli
- Ciel (bespectacled blue-haired lady): Klug
- Penglai (pale-haired dragon lad clad in green): Lidelle
- Harpy (pink-haired angel): Yu & Rei
- Seriri (blue-haired mermaid): Ocean Prince
- Hartman (white-armoured man): Lemres
- Alex (yellow female warrior): Ms. Accord
Unfortunately the 4Gamer video didn't gloss over Lagnus when they selected Fever, so I can't see what's his moveset. If the moveset is inherited from Chronicle, then he would probably have either Ecolo or Rafisol's moveset (I think it's the latter).
Fever mode is back. It's basically like Puyo Puyo Tetris Big Bang, but you have to build a meter to enter Fever mode, and only for 15-30 seconds. It's a reversal mechanic, basically. It's intended to let beginners have fun but it's pretty good competitively too.
I've been meaning to ask something to pro players about Fever, since I don't get much opportunities to do so (and also pro players tend to choose Tsu):
- When it comes to the easiest character, Arle is almost universally agreed upon. What I am most interested is: which character/dropset is considered the toughest to use (include another example if Carbuncle is your choice)?
- Are there any past characters whose movesets would be viable for the current state of Fever?