DCEU Era |OT2| Rebirth not Reboot

ody

Community Resettler

Welcome to the DCEU community! If you have any questions, comments, or have access to #TheSnyderCut please feel free to post it!​

The DC Extended Universe (DCEU) is an unofficial term used to refer to an American media franchise and shared universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures and based on characters that appear in American comic books by DC Comics. The shared universe, much like the original DC Universe in comic books and the television programs, was established by crossing over common plot elements, settings, cast, and characters. The films have been in production since 2011 and in that time Warner Bros. has distributed five films. The series has grossed over $3.7 billion at the global box office, currently making it the thirteenth highest-grossing film franchise. (Source)

Previous films in the DCEU

Aquaman is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the sixth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by James Wan, with a screenplay by Will Beall, from a story by Wan and Geoff Johns. It stars Jason Momoa as the title character, with Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Patrick Wilson and Nicole Kidman in supporting roles. It is the third live-action theatrical film featuring the title character, following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) and Justice League (2017), and will be the first full-length feature film centered around the character. In Aquaman, Arthur Curry, the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world. (Source)

Official Trailer #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU

On June 15th Wan revealed a new logo along with the announcement of the first trailer
https://twitter.com/creepypuppet/status/1007729495355211776

First Look of Fisherman King from EW, and previous First Looks​

Shazam! is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It is intended to be the seventh installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by David F. Sandberg, from a screenplay by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke. The film stars Zachary Levi and Asher Angel as Billy Batson / Shazam, a teenage boy (Angel) who can transform via the magic word "Shazam" into an adult superhero (Levi), with Mark Strong, Grace Fulton, Jack Dylan Grazer, Ian Chen, Jovan Armand, Faithe Herman, and Ron Cephas Jones as supporting characters. It will be the first film version of the character since the 1941 serial Adventures of Captain Marvel (the character's original name) and will be the first full-length feature film centered around the character. (Source)

Official Trailer #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY

Teaser trailer
https://twitter.com/ponysmasher/status/980454648501829632

Set photos
https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-set-images-sivana/

Levi posted a promo shot from an industry event in Las Vegas
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjDiorVA22S/

First Looks from EW below​

Wonder Woman 1984 (also known as WW84) is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman. It is intended to be the sequel to 2017's Wonder Woman and the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by Patty Jenkins, with a screenplay by Geoff Johns, David Callaham, and Jenkins, from a story written by Johns and Jenkins. It stars Gal Gadot as the titular character, with Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, and Pedro Pascal as supporting characters. It is the fourth live-action theatrical film featuring the character, following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Wonder Woman (2017), and Justice League (2017), and will be the second full-length feature film centered around the character. (Source)

Fin!
Thanks to Pein for the title
Let me know if I'm missing anything, or if you would like to have something added to the OP
And spoiler tag where appropriate!​

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
I would have a section on the movies that have already been released/what's part of the universe.

Excited to see MoS2 announced at Comic Com
let me dream
There ARE rumors that Cavill will be there.

And the Synder Cut crazies are trying to stage some mass disruption for the panel. I hope they do. The YouTube views of them being dragged out by security will be $$$$$$$$

Oh god, I didn't even think about the stupid fan question segments... That is going to be a god damn train wreck. Every person in line will be a Synder Cut loon who will start off asking a real question and try to be cute by ending it with "Where's the Synder Cut???" or "RELEASE THE SYNDER CUT" thinking they're oh so smart and looking around while 98% of the audience is like, "CRIIIIIIINGE"

Oh god, I didn't even think about the stupid fan question segments... That is going to be a god damn train wreck. Every person in line will be a Synder Cut loon who will start off asking a real question and try to be cute by ending it with "Where's the Synder Cut???" or "RELEASE THE SYNDER CUT" thinking they're oh so smart and looking around while 98% of the audience is like, "CRIIIIIIINGE"
Hopefully they’ll mute the mic if they try that. They’re usually quick when someone goes off script since they screen every question.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
I don't think the audience questions are screened too much especially from my years of NYCC attendance.

I don't think the audience questions are screened too much especially from my years of NYCC attendance.
Yeah, I didn't think they were... Just look at the stuff from the Ace Comic Con last week. Some of those questions are so lame that there's no way they would've made it through a screening process. But maybe in SDCC it's different since it's so big they can't have 100 people rush to the mic stand?

They do at Hall H. They have someone standing at the mic and they ask what the person is going to ask. If it's something stupid, they don't get to ask. If they "go off script" and start asking for things like a picture or hug (it happens all the time) they immediately mute the mic.

I hope Snyder cut doesn’t get mentioned at all. If people want the DCEU to be perceived as something besides the Martha memes they gotta let these new films change the conversation.