DCEU Era |OT2| Rebirth not Reboot

Assuming Flash goes as planned, what's 2020 looking like besides BoP and Flash? It's a ways away and we don't even know what Marvel Studios movies are out then.

Maybe a November/December Batman?

Emily

Administrator
Gah how the fuck did joker get fast tracked before anything else
Well since it's a gritty crime drama - and not a superhero action flick - it'll have a much smaller budget ($30-$50 million) than your typical cgi-heavy comic book film. It also helps that The Joker is arguably the most famous comic book villain of all time. Ultimately, this film is not a business risk for Warner Bros - it will be pure profit for them.

Also, Warner Bros must have a lot of confidence in the screenplay. It helps that Scott Silver ("8 Mile", "The Fighter") co-wrote the screenplay with Todd Phillips. The Fighter has a 90% on Rottentomatoes, and it was nominated for Best Original Screenplay. 8 Mile was another critically acclaimed movie written by Silver, with a certified fresh rating of 76% on Rottentomatoes.

The Death of Superman is the best animated DC movie since Flashpoint. Has its low points and odd story additions and omissions but overall pretty good. Actually choked up a bit a couple of times during the last act.

I've been watching Batman TAS with the gf and we watched The Joker's Favor. Outside of it being the origin of my third favorite character in superhero comics, it's just a really cool premise for an episode. Very happy with it.

The Death of Superman is the best animated DC movie since Flashpoint. Has its low points and odd story additions and omissions but overall pretty good. Actually choked up a bit a couple of times during the last act.
I haven't seen many animated DC movies but I loathed Flashpoint, so that's not a great sign :p
Will get around to Death of Superman eventually.

I wonder if Reeves is in a similar situation that Feige and Johnston were when they were casting Cap

I remember they were going for the hot young CW dudes for a while, then none of them made the cut so they went a bit older with Evans. Maybe that’s the case for Hamm?

I wonder if Reeves is in a similar situation that Feige and Johnston were when they were casting Cap

I remember they were going for the hot young CW dudes for a while, then none of them made the cut so they went a bit older with Evans. Maybe that’s the case for Hamm?
Probably not, considering just how much older Hamm is. If they're looking elsewhere now, it's probably somewhere in that 30s age range.

Evans was like 28 or 29 when cast, and around the age range of other names mentioned for Cap. Same age for guys like Cavill and Bale and do on. Thing with Reeves’ Batman is that it’s not an origin story.

I expect twilights of their 20s or early 30s.

So I've been watching all the little missing Justice League snippets from the various VFX reels and it seems like the movie wasn't allowed to be even a minute longer than two hours because there are so many finished action sequences that are cut down by mere seconds. It's like they were desperately trying to find stuff to cut.

I have no faith in Batman.

So I've been watching all the little missing Justice League snippets from the various VFX reels and it seems like the movie wasn't allowed to be even a minute longer than two hours because there are so many finished action sequences that are cut down by mere seconds. It's like they were desperately trying to find stuff to cut.
They cut 'again' in Jim Gordon's "It's good to see you playing well with others again." Literally not even a second.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
I don't count that since Toy Story isn't a trilogy! But if we are counting that, then it would be mine as well since they encompass my first through third favorite movies of all time
How isn't it a trilogy?

3 movies (as of now) that stars the same core cast of characters that sees them evolving through different times of their lives.

He didn't mess up shit. Apes 3 is great. Probably my second favourite trilogy of all time.
There’s nothing great about it. It doesn’t do anything Apes 2 didn’t already cover and it casually goes about once again showing us why humanity sucks and how hard it is to be a leader. Only difference this time is that Reeves gives us lamer characters like that comic relief chimp, and an inferior villain in every respect compared to Koba. The plot doesn’t really go anywhere.

I wouldn’t call it a bad movie since it’s far better than the usual shit we get, but man it’s disappointing. Like 6/10.

for trilogies where all 3 movies ended up aiight:

LOTR > Before Trilogy > Dark Knight >Indiana Jones > Star Wars > Toy Story > Apes

3rd Apes wasn't as good as Dawn of the Apes, but it had some pretty great moments in it. Thought it was a bold move going for more of a biblical epic vibe too. Caesar was basically moses by the end of it.

well I guess Indy and Star Wars doesn't count anymore and neither will Toy Story :/ ? how does this work