DCEU Era |OT2| Rebirth not Reboot

for trilogies where all 3 movies ended up aiight:

LOTR > Before Trilogy > Dark Knight >Indiana Jones > Star Wars > Toy Story > Apes

3rd Apes wasn't as good as Dawn of the Apes, but it had some pretty great moments in it. Thought it was a bold move going for more of a biblical epic vibe too. Caesar was basically moses by the end of it.

well I guess Indy and Star Wars doesn't count anymore and neither will Toy Story :/ ? how does this work
Gotta scrap those, my man. Some franchises should really be left alone. -_-

Anyways, I guess the end of a trilogy really is hard to nail. Return of the King is the only one that came out ending on a high note.

for trilogies where all 3 movies ended up aiight:

LOTR > Before Trilogy > Dark Knight >Indiana Jones > Star Wars > Toy Story > Apes

3rd Apes wasn't as good as Dawn of the Apes, but it had some pretty great moments in it. Thought it was a bold move going for more of a biblical epic vibe too. Caesar was basically moses by the end of it.

well I guess Indy and Star Wars doesn't count anymore and neither will Toy Story :/ ? how does this work
I see you are a man of excellent taste.

The Three Colours trilogy is my favourite, followed by Back to the Future, The Dark Knight and the Infernal Affairs trilogy. Still holding up hope that the Dawn of Justice trilogy will be completed someday too, cause the first two are seminal masterpieces.

Before is the only trilogy where I vibe with all three equally. All three are top tier. Whereas other trilogies, there's a best and the weaker entries.

And War for Apes was great and my knock is that it's not as good as Dawn, which is still one of the best blockbusters in recent years. Giacchino's score... Sometimes the dude's work is lacking, like, he was on Spider-Man Homecoming and Rogue One and both of those were. But he brought it on War for Apes.

Giacchino collaborated with Reeves on all of his movies so far, so I'm expecting it to hold true for Batman. I'm unsure how to feel about it, but if he does some of his best stuff with Reeves, maybe he'll come up with something great. Wasn't crazy about Batman's theme in BvS and don't want Elfman's theme back again.

Sitting in front of the Italian poster for Citizen Kane is a sign. Kane, as in Bob Kane. In the poster, Charles Kane is pointing his finger, as in, Bill Finger. The bigger crime families of Gotham are of Italian descent.

It all makes sense.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/09/batman-director-matt-reeves-jekyll-and-hyde-inspiration-1202007045/ said:
IndieWire, at the Television Critics Association press tour, asked Reeves what he thought when it came to Batman’s identity — specifically, is the real person is Batman, or is the real person Bruce Wayne?

“Gosh, that’s a tough question,” he said. “I think that it’s interesting, because one of the things that I’ve found interesting, just as we’re working on the story, is looking back at Jekyll and Hyde, and the idea of your shadow-self, and the idea of, we are all multiple things. It’s different aspects of who we are, and I think there are times when maybe the surface of Bruce is not really who he is, but that’s his disguise. There are times when Batman’s the disguise, but there are times when his true essence comes out, because by being veiled, a kind of instinctual side comes out that’s very pure.”

He added, “It’s not an easy question to answer, in that I think that we are all made up of so many different aspects of ourselves that make the whole. I don’t know if you could ever reduce anyone to one part of what they express. That’s what’s fun about his character, is that there’s a very bright light that shines on his shadow side. The idea of all of that is incredibly exciting. It’s part of what makes it fun for me to work on.”
Something

I always liked the idea of Bruce having died the same night his parents did. Bruce Wayne as we know him is a persona he embodies, not for the purpose of having a normal life, but to do work in the daylight that Batman can't. He is always Batman. I know that's not the popular take on the character but, for me, it adds a bit of weight to the opposition of his being when compared to Superman. The yin and yang of it is why I adore the dynamic of the two. Two people with similar goals on opposite sides of the spectrum. There is no Bruce Wayne and there is no Superman. "Bruce" and "Superman" are just names.

I always liked the idea of Bruce having died the same night his parents did. Bruce Wayne as we know him is a persona he embodies, not for the purpose of having a normal life, but to do work in the daylight that Batman can't. He is always Batman. I know that's not the popular take on the character but, for me, it adds a bit of weight to the opposition of his being when compared to Superman. The yin and yang of it is why I adore the dynamic of the two. Two people with similar goals on opposite sides of the spectrum. There is no Bruce Wayne and there is no Superman. "Bruce" and "Superman" are just names.
Yes

I'm not sure what my personal favorite interpretation is. Outside the comics, when you look at the DC Animated Batman, you see how it shifts at various points of Bruce's life. And in both TDKRises and BvS, you see how a trauma can force Bruce to retreat into the Batman identity. Keaton Batman was nearly full on Batman first.

And the Earth One comic had a mixed response, but they leaned into Batman being contemporary Zorro, and not something that consumes Bruce.

This is perfect. I completely agree with him. I hate the idea of Batman being who he is and Bruce being his disguise. I have a great feeling about Reeves on this character.
Yup. The Bruce-Batman element is far more complicated than simply being “Bruce died as a kid and Batman is the real identity now.” Reeves’ answer on the matter reaffirms to me that he gets Batman perfectly.

Can't believe they pulled manta off, damn that's good... Also like the Aquaman costume however the gaunlets are abit much though I still prefer his BvS costume.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...lett-bell-mary-elizabeth-winstead-1202958570/

‘Birds of Prey’ Adds Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Black Canary and Huntress

After testing multiple actresses to join Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn in “Birds of Prey,” Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are closer to assembling its team of female superheroes.

Sources tell Variety that Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jurnee Smollett-Bell have been tapped to join Robbie in the comic-book spinoff, with Winstead playing Huntress and Smollett-Bell portraying Black Canary.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Seems like some possible contenders for "villain" which all signs point to being Black Mask

Still have Renee Montoya and Cassandra Cain's roles to cast as well as the crime lord up against the team. Hearing names like Sharlto and Ewan McGreggor are actors they like for the role but have only started meeting actors for that part

Seems like some possible contenders for "villain" which all signs point to being Black Mask

Ewan McGreggor was rumored for JL Dark wasn't he?.. For Black Mask maybe I dunno... I hope he stays alive at the end of the film, would want reoccurring villains at some point but yeh, not sure. Sharlto is also a good choice I think.

Edit:Spelling

Ewan McGreggor was rumored for JL Dark wasn't he?.. For Black Mask maybe I dunno... I hope he stays alive at the end of the film, would want reoccurring villains at some point but yeh, not sure. Sharlto is also a good choice I think.

Edit:Spelling
Is Jl dark even a rumor right now? I mean he’s be a kick ass Constantine but black mask seems like a waste for Mcgreggor if black mask is a 1 and done villain role.