DCEU Era |OT2| Rebirth not Reboot

I'll admit my big reason for rooting for Gugu was my familiarity with her other work. Jurnee Smollett-Bell is more of an unknown for me, so I'm not against the choice at all. I'm coming from a place of ignorance.

Also, now Gugu can play Ivy or Selina.

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen Ant-Man and Wasp and it's my assumption that it's about both equally and working as a team.

So, yeah. I could see Green Arrow and Black Canary being a movie, the way Ant-Man and Wasp is. It'd be neat to have a superhero movie focused on a couple, with some romantic comedy tropes. And on a superficial level, it sets a clear difference between Ollie and the other rich billionaire vigilantes.

I'm super onboard with this casting announcement. I think I can actually allow myself to look forward to this film now. I'm legit expecting an Oliver Queen announcement at some point even if the part is super small. You have Black Canary so the door is now open.
Finally, Charlie Hunnnam's chance to shine

https://www.thewrap.com/mary-elizabeth-winstead-birds-of-prey-huntress/

“I’m going to start training, and I’ll be learning how to shoot a bow and arrow, too — which is new for me,” Winstead told TheWrap

“I can’t say that I was a huge comic book reader,” Winstead told TheWrap. “But when I met with Cathy Yan, who’s directing the film, and learned kind of the back story of the character, I was really interested,” added the actress. “It’s a really strong, kind of emotional place to start from for a superhero character. I won’t go into too much detail now, but I think it’s interesting and an opportunity to do something cool with this kind of character,” she said.

“It’s really exciting, and even the process of going through getting the role and everything was a very different experience than I’ve typically been through,” Winstead said. “Being with the other actresses and a female director and just the whole energy behind this is so unique, so I’m really happy about that.”

https://observer.com/2018/09/mary-e...s-of-prey-margot-robbie-dc-films-warner-bros/

A rumor is circulating that Batman has been missing for two years when Birds of Prey takes place, which hints at a potential recasting of the character in the DC Extended Universe. We’ve seen major superhero shakeups, after all. But Winstead wasn’t going to spoil anything on that front.

“Right,” she said with a smile when the rumor came up. “I will not go there, but I appreciate the attempt.”
lol

Last edited:
My theory/hope is that Bruce retired the Batman mantle shortly after Justice League- he can still be overseeing the development of the League behind the scenes though as Bruce Wayne. That way fans calm down a bit about the idea of the Reeves films exploring Bruce's past as Batman... plus I love the idea BoP and other Gotham-related films exploring a new generation of heroes struggling in a Post-Batman world.

Plus, if we're really lucky? DCU Batman Beyond film.

Is BoP supposed to be in the past of anything?

Maybe it's right after Robin dies?
Nope, BoP is set in the present. Harley's just broken up with the Joker apparently. Matt Reeves' The Batman is reportedly set 15 years before Man of Steel though.

I just want a late 30s-mid 40s Wayne

Don't let WB's stupidity rob us of that potential, Matty
I don't see that happening at this point.

I’m happy that Reeves is allegedly focusing on early to mid career Batman. Weirdly Forever and &Robin, plus the Adam West movie, are the ones to tackle that.

Burton’s two are early career, as are Nolan’s first two. Rises and BvS and both late career.

Mid career is where Batman TAS mostly lived.

What if Joker ends up being one of DC(in generals) best movies.

Like I’m really predicting at least a low 80 on RT
It’d be nice but a good score on RT doesn’t mean much for me, personally. I can still hate it. It’s only really good for WB because it’ll help their perception and give them some damn confidence in what they’re doing.

My theory:

Reeves film takes place during the two-year gap where Batman is missing. Batman uses the Lazarus Pit, de-aging him, allowing him to be re-cast AND to remain in the current continuity!

My theory:

Reeves film takes place during the two-year gap where Batman is missing. Batman uses the Lazarus Pit, de-aging him, allowing him to be re-cast AND to remain in the current continuity!
We know that the current draft of Reeves' script is set early in Bruce's career- like three years in- as Batman. We've known this for a couple of months now.

My guess is Bruce is either off with the Justice League and/or he's retired as Batman. Again, the natural solution I'm thinking is let Reeves tell Bruce's story as Batman over the 20 year period in his trilogy in the past and introduce a version of Batman Beyond in the present or somewhat near future.

We know that the current draft of Reeves' script is set early in Bruce's career- like three years in- as Batman. We've known this for a couple of months now.

My guess is Bruce is either off with the Justice League and/or he's retired as Batman. Again, the natural solution I'm thinking is let Reeves tell Bruce's story as Batman over the 20 year period in his trilogy in the past and introduce a version of Batman Beyond in the present or somewhat near future.
So we're never going to get Batman vs Harley and Joker. Sigh.

So we're never going to get Batman vs Harley and Joker. Sigh.
We might. Just not set in the present day, I think. After all, Bruce has already been Batman for twenty-plus years. That's plenty of time for Reeves to introduce and develop the Bat-Family and feature at least one film where Bruce went toe-to-toe with Joker and Harley during his tenure as Batman.