DCEU Era |OT2| Rebirth not Reboot

Speaking as someone who liked the Bumblebee trailers quite a bit more than Aquaman's, if you look at the metrics, views, social media engagement and such for Aquaman, it's all quite high and positive. Surprisingly so. Usually that translates pretty well to the box office for certain audiences.

Again, hoping for the best with Bumblebee. It looks great.

Alita was never competition.

Now Bumblebee? They need that to move ASAP.
Alita could have taken a bite out of some of Aquaman's earnings. If it's good, mind you. And I agree about Bumblebee, definitely.
Oh you meant from an actors standpoint. Maybe Affleck isn't sustainable but I guarantee there are plenty of actors out there that would have been. Who would have known Affleck would be so unreliable tho?
I don't know... But it is asking a lot for someone his age to stay in great shape for a lot of movies. Or maybe it isn't? They are paying him millions... IDK.

The whole situation with him just got weird in a span of a year.

Oh you meant from an actors standpoint. Maybe Affleck isn't sustainable but I guarantee there are plenty of actors out there that would have been. Who would have known Affleck would be so unreliable tho?
He is an old actor with well known substance abuse problems. Who could have known he'd be so unreliable in a role that requires the actor to be in peak physical condition?

Casting Affleck remains the second dumbest decision in the DCEU behind giving a 3rd rate director the keys of the kingdom. Completely shortsighted.

If you really think about all these decisions in hindsight, you can totally see that they were made by Zack and WB to only make 3-4 movies. The evidence is continuing to mount up.

He is an old actor with well known substance abuse problems. Who could have known he'd be so unreliable in a role that requires the actor to be in peak physical condition?
Getting Affleck at that time was the biggest, sure bet at the time. He hadn't had an issue with alcohol in years and was the hottest director in Hollywood taking on your most valuable character/franchise.

Casting Affleck remains the second dumbest decision in the DCEU behind giving a 3rd rate director the keys of the kingdom. Completely shortsighted.
Hindsight is 2020. He was a huge get at the time and I don't remember any issues with substance abuse at that time. I could be mistaken on that, but if there wasn't, that's like saying RDJ was a bad choice.

Because it looks better than we could have ever anticipated.
This is true. Even I kind of like it, and I've never been a big TF guy.

I will say anyone worried that DC can't win back the people should look at the response to Bumblebee for an example of how fickle and easily bought in audiences can be. There has never been a good Transformers movie. Ever. Till this point, the highest compliment you could pay a Transformers movie was "Well, it wasn't as shitty as the other ones." Yet, all Paramount had to do was remove Michael Bay as director and put them G1 designs in and many of the same people that have done nothing but spew hate toward all five movies have their wallets ready.

I went on Jurnee's ig and the comments are sooooooo embarrassing. Wow.
I'm glad there are also many people on there supporting her, at least.

I knew I was right..

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-dceu-batman-death-confirmed/

Ramesh De Silva recently posted an image of Superman holding Batman's body, inspired by a similar image from Grant Morrison's Final Crisis event, suggesting it was "what we may have seen in [Zack Snyder's] 5 story arc..." The thought was confirmed when Zack Snyder himself commented to simply say "of course."
There was never going to be a 10+ year plan with Zack's story. It was going to have an end and Bruce was going to die. Makes sense why he went with an older Batman.

A good way for Ben to leave with grace, but it wouldn't have lasted long. Bruce Wayne can't die, he will always be Batman for movies and I don't see that changing.

Unless they introduce the full on bat family and then we get Titans of Tomorrow Batman who was Tim Drake and he was badass enough to take out Doomsday alone. Now that I wouldn't mind seeing on screen.

This news is neither new nor provided with context. Affleck’s Batman was planned with this in mind. And we’re not about talking Bruce dying in 2017. We’re talking into well into the 2020s. Back when Flash was gonna be last March and Affleck’s Batman this year or next. His Batman would’ve been around as long as Bale’s, with more movie appearances, before he died. And if we’re citing Final Crisis, then Batman “dies.”

That Gyllenhaal mysterio picture reminded me again he wont be playing Batman now and now I’m sad :(
Likely one time, or limited, vs the commitment of playing Batman for several movies? If I were in his position and wanted to do a comic movie, it’s not a bad way to go.

Also kinda why as much as I’d want Armie Hammer as Batman, guy’s career trajectory has him bouncing between interesting projects with talented filmmakers. You’d imagine their trepidation in signing a three to seven or more movie contract.

Likely one time, or limited, vs the commitment of playing Batman for several movies? If I were in his position and wanted to do a comic movie, it’s not a bad way to go.

Also kinda why as much as I’d want Armie Hammer as Batman, guy’s career trajectory has him bouncing between interesting projects with talented filmmakers. You’d imagine their trepidation in signing a three to seven or more movie contract.
Yea but from Batman to Mysterio? They must have done something special with it. I guess Vulture turned out OK.

I have been really disconnected from comic books for a while now, so imagine my surprise when I found out my favorite comic book hero was a member of the Justice League for a while: Lobo.

I've purchased the Justice League vs. Suicide Squad trade, which I've been reading is an excellent story regardless of the Main Man's importance to it. I couldn't find a clear answer on the internet, but are there any Justice League trades that compile the continuing story of him in the Justice League?

And, because I'm sure this is going to send me down the DC rabbit hole, what are some must-read trade paperbacks from the most recent Rebirth event? I've seen other posters preach the current run of Swamp Thing, for example.

I have been really disconnected from comic books for a while now, so imagine my surprise when I found out my favorite comic book hero was a member of the Justice League for a while: Lobo.

I've purchased the Justice League vs. Suicide Squad trade, which I've been reading is an excellent story regardless of the Main Man's importance to it. I couldn't find a clear answer on the internet, but are there any Justice League trades that compile the continuing story of him in the Justice League?

And, because I'm sure this is going to send me down the DC rabbit hole, what are some must-read trade paperbacks from the most recent Rebirth event? I've seen other posters preach the current run of Swamp Thing, for example.
You're looking for Justice League of America by Steve Orlando.

I don’t know if bumblebee will demolish aquaman at the box office but jeez everybody knows who bumble bee is, one of the two needs to move. Paramount needs a win and aquaman has a lot riding on it too.

Shoulda labeled orm as ocean master.

With details like zack killing Batman, dick is the robin who was killed, in kinda glad he’s gone. Man of steel is probably my favorite CBM but not at the expense of The Who EU.
I’m grateful for the foundation he laid, shaky as it may have been and would have loved to see justice league in its original form but dude, don’t come after dick.

I still love Snyder tho, watchmen, 300, MOS, dawn of the dead, BvS. I think he’s kickass at directing movies.

Last edited:
The hate train for Venom is some wild shit. The DCEU stuff I get, but man people have been railing against that one HARD from the moment it was announced. I think some folk might literally get off on the bad reviews.

The hate train for Venom is some wild shit. The DCEU stuff I get, but man people have been railing against that one HARD from the moment it was announced. I think some folk might literally get off on the bad reviews.
I mean... yeah.

Folks talking like The Last Jedi hasn't been a firestorm on the internet.

People do treat these things as their purge.

Personally speaking, I root for all movies and hope for the best, even if I'm not expecting anything great. Just don't feel there's anything wrong with optimism.

That said, I doubt I'll go see Venom in theaters. Especially without moviepass anymore.

Truly, some people hope for things to bad. I’m always optimistic about these things, I thought they coulda had a Deadpool style hit.

Imma still go see it, I like venom and Tom hardy is like top 3 actors for me.