Dead by Daylight Community |OT| Get outta here you camper!

Is there a consensus on what perks are generally the best ones to try and get for a survivor? I am about to prestige Claudette and so far I have unlocked....Meg's sprint, Claudette's self heal, Dwight's bond, and Nea's urban evasion. I typically play more aggressively towards repairing generators than I will unhooking teammates but still will if the need arises.

Last edited:
Is there a consensus on what perks are generally the best ones to try and get for a survivor? I am about to prestige Claudette and so far I have unlocked....Meg's sprint, Claudette's self heal, Dwight's bond, and Nea's urban evasion.
Those are legit some of the best perks in the game.

Some of the other top tier perks:

Decisive Strike - Laurie Strode Perk - Obsession Perk - If you are the obsession you get a hard skill check that will let you escape the killers grasp and stun them for 3/3.5/4 seconds. If you are not the obsession you need to wiggle to 35/40/45% before you get the skill check

Lithe - Feng Min Perk - Exhaustion Perk - This is just sprint burst but it only goes into effect when you vault a window while in a chase. Can be clutch as you can run around whenever you want, and if you have a nice vault spot in your chase you can lose the killer pretty well

Dead Hard - David King Perk - Exhaustion Perk - This gives you a toggle ability when you're injured to do a dash forward with some i-frames. Can help you close off a chase and get to a new loop spot

Borrowed Time - Bill Overbeck Perk (PC) General Perk (Console) - this is a pretty clutch end game perk. It makes so when you unhook a survivor while in the killers terror radius it gives them the enduring status effect. While in the enduring status effect, any hit that would put you on the ground gives you a bleed out timer instead. The bleed out timer lasts for 25 seconds, and the enduring status effect lasts for 15 seconds. This is great when somebody is being camped at the end and the gates are open. You can unsafely unhook them, let them take a hit and they can bleed out to the exit

We're Gonna Live Forever - David King Perk - This is just a farming perk. Every time you take a hit for somebody who's being carried by the killer or unhook somebody you get a token (up to 4 tokens). Each token gives you 25% bonus bloodpoints.

Adrenaline - Meg Thomas Perk - This gives you a sprint burst of 150% for 5 seconds (instead of 3) after all gens are completed. It also will heal you 1 health state (dying to injured, injured to healed) and is a pretty clutch perk. It doesn't always pay off but sometimes it can save your ass

Lithe - Feng Min Perk - Exhaustion Perk - This is just sprint burst but it only goes into effect when you vault a window while in a chase. Can be clutch as you can run around whenever you want, and if you have a nice vault spot in your chase you can lose the killer pretty well
Wouldn't Sprint Burst be a better option than Lithe since its not dependent on having a vault spot?

A little embarrassed to ask, but...any tips on doing 360s/jukes? I've tried practicing a bit with a buddy in KYF and watched some Youtube tutorials, but still not really getting it. I'm an awesome gen jockey, but absolute garbage at chases. (I'm on PS4.)

Also, any tips for playing against Freddy? I've never survived a Freddy match. :(

I usually focus on gens and unhooking/heals, so my go-to loadout is self care (obvs), empathy (to try to have a better sense of where the killer is while I'm running gens), unbreakable and adrenaline (both have come in handy for me a bunch). Still learning perks, so please let me know if y'all have any suggestions.

A little embarrassed to ask, but...any tips on doing 360s/jukes? I've tried practicing a bit with a buddy in KYF and watched some Youtube tutorials, but still not really getting it. I'm an awesome gen jockey, but absolute garbage at chases. (I'm on PS4.)

Also, any tips for playing against Freddy? I've never survived a Freddy match. :(

I usually focus on gens and unhooking/heals, so my go-to loadout is self care (obvs), empathy (to try to have a better sense of where the killer is while I'm running gens), unbreakable and adrenaline (both have come in handy for me a bunch). Still learning perks, so please let me know if y'all have any suggestions.
Same boat as you, I'm on top of those gens but once a chase starts I'm as good as hooked.

Lithe + Quick & Quiet + Dance With Me is one of my favorite combos.

Quick & Quiet so you can fast vault with no noise and Dance With Me so you leave no scratch marks after fast vaulting for 3 seconds.

You can lithe out of there with no scratch marks. You can completely lose the killer with that combo.

Those are legit some of the best perks in the game.

Some of the other top tier perks:

Decisive Strike - Laurie Strode Perk - Obsession Perk - If you are the obsession you get a hard skill check that will let you escape the killers grasp and stun them for 3/3.5/4 seconds. If you are not the obsession you need to wiggle to 35/40/45% before you get the skill check

Dead Hard - David King Perk - Exhaustion Perk - This gives you a toggle ability when you're injured to do a dash forward with some i-frames. Can help you close off a chase and get to a new loop spot

Borrowed Time - Bill Overbeck Perk (PC) General Perk (Console) - this is a pretty clutch end game perk. It makes so when you unhook a survivor while in the killers terror radius it gives them the enduring status effect. While in the enduring status effect, any hit that would put you on the ground gives you a bleed out timer instead. The bleed out timer lasts for 25 seconds, and the enduring status effect lasts for 15 seconds. This is great when somebody is being camped at the end and the gates are open. You can unsafely unhook them, let them take a hit and they can bleed out to the exit

We're Gonna Live Forever - David King Perk - This is just a farming perk. Every time you take a hit for somebody who's being carried by the killer or unhook somebody you get a token (up to 4 tokens). Each token gives you 25% bonus bloodpoints.

Adrenaline - Meg Thomas Perk - This gives you a sprint burst of 150% for 5 seconds (instead of 3) after all gens are completed. It also will heal you 1 health state (dying to injured, injured to healed) and is a pretty clutch perk. It doesn't always pay off but sometimes it can save your ass
I personally love Adrenaline. There’s been so many times a killer was chasing me while I was injured and I managed to get to the exit because the skill procced.

Once, a killer downed me and just when he was going to grab me someone fixed the last generator and I managed to give him the slip. Probably one of the most satisfying moments in the game for me, lol

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I escaped with David using his three perks and didn't get Adept David trophy? :s

I escaped with an Ultra Rare Toolbox? Does that go against the trophy?

...And it didn't add my Ultra Rare Toolbox to my inventory, lovely.

Michael Myers is missing his selection music. Odd.

Also I never looked at Spirit's gameplay from the Survivor perspective. Just played against her and she's actually terrifying, as are her animations. Appearing out of nowhere and ruining my day.

edit: oh. turns out I didn't get Adept David because I used Dead Hard into the exit. That's bullshit lol.

Last edited:
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I escaped with David using his three perks and didn't get Adept David trophy? :s

I escaped with an Ultra Rare Toolbox? Does that go against the trophy?

...And it didn't add my Ultra Rare Toolbox to my inventory, lovely.
Did you have a fourth perk equipped?

Nah, turns out it's if you Dead Hard into the exit gate. Seems to be a bug.

Edit: I got it now. It was definitely bugged if you used Dead Hard into the exit.
Its not just dead hard, those things will bug out randomly anyways. I've had to redo a couple from the game being shit

Happened to me with Tapp and my friend with Kate

Edit: also my friend got the achievement by dead harding out the exit gate, so it was definitely just the game bugging out

Its not just dead hard, those things will bug out randomly anyways. I've had to redo a couple from the game being shit

Happened to me with Tapp and my friend with Kate

Edit: also my friend got the achievement by dead harding out the exit gate, so it was definitely just the game bugging out
Fair enough! I guess they're just buggy in general then. What a pain. Oh well, I no longer ever have to roll No Mither. Thank god.

The annoying clown music is finally gone, rejoice.

Watched a stream of some spirit gameplay earlier, seems like a solid killer. Don't know when I'm going to find time to actually play though.

that adam character is comedy gold! here I am in a group of survivors with dead hard, sprint burst and self care and I'm like: don't you worry guys, I will save you! *throws pebble*

(and it actually works)

Managed to get a game in last night once the kinks were ironed out. Tried out The Spirit and had fun using her. Managed to get 3 kills so I'm not sure if I got lucky with terrible survivors or what. Likely going to use her a bunch during the 2x bloodpoints weekend.

And yeah, count me in as excited for the performance patch on consoles. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro and the framerate is still all over the place with Boost mode on. Hoping it's a proper Pro patch with increased resolution and a locked 60fps. But at this point, a locked 60fps at 1080 will be great.

Shrine of Secrets for the week of 9/19:

Survivor Perks:

Ace in the Hole - Ace Visconti Perk - 2000 IS

There is a 100 % chance that an add-on of Very Rare Rarity or lower will be attached to it. 10/25/50 % chance to find a second Add-on of Uncommon Rarity or lower.

This perk technically isn't very good. It's part of a greater chest build if you're a hoarder of items (like me!) It lets you find a purple or worse add-on on any item you search through a chest, with a chance of getting a second add-on that is yellow or worse. This is the perk I'm going to buy this week, as I've been planning on a chest spec for my Feng with Pharmacy / Plunderers and Ace in the Hole.

If you are looking for actual effective perks then this one isn't for you. This one is honestly a bit of a meme. The most clutch thing you'll get is a 1 state instant heal medkit which is admittedly pretty amazing.

Good combos include: Pharmacy (Quentin Perk), Up The Ante (Ace Perk), Plunderer's Instinct (General Perk). All of these could lead you to finding super rare items, easily finding chests and getting some free add-ons with them.

Boil Over - Kate Denson Perk - 2700 IS

Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75 %. You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 10/12/14 metres.

This perk makes it so the effects of you swaying left and right while being carried by the killer are increased. You'll make the killer bump into more walls and just generally be annoying.

At best this perk would get you off a hook because they didn't see the aura of a hook right next to them and opted for a further hook. The reality is most of the time this will just annoy the killer and not help you at all.

Good combos include: Decisive Strike - I'm struggling to find this meshing well with anything, but if you are not the obsession this could help you get to your 35% wiggle

Killer Perks:

Make Your Choice - Pig Perk - 2000 IS

When a Survivor rescues another from a Hook at least 48/40/32 metres away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the Exposed Status Effect on the rescuer for 60 seconds. Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 60 seconds.

Now this is what I call a perk. This encourages you to leave a hook which is good for everybody. It also encourages you to not tunnel people off the hook. When you are far enough away from an unhook the person who unhooked will now be 1 hit down, even from full health. This perk meshes really well with somebody like The Hag, The Nurse or even Hillbilly.

Good combos include: BBQ & Chili (Leatherface Perk) as it lets you find killers who are outside the 40 meters, which would allow somebody to come in and unhook. Devour Hope (Hag Perk) as devour hope gives you tokens for people being unhooked when you're more than 24 meters away so you're getting rewarded twice.

Lightborn - Hillbilly Perk - 2000 IS

Unlike other beasts of the fog, you have adapted to light. Resistance to blindness is increased by 20/40/60 %. Recovery from blindness is increased by 50 %.

This perk is a flashlight deterrent. If you use this nobody will be able to flashlight save off of you. Best to equip when you see a squadette load in with 4 flashlights. Not a bad perk, really good when you've got some full on cancer coming at you.

Good combos include: Franklin's Demise (Leatherface Perk) just because fuck your flashlights.

My recommendations:

Survivor - None honestly. If you really want a perk pick up Ace in the Hole. Boil Over is so situational, and since it's the first time it's ever shown up on the shrine it has a 700 IS premium which makes it double not worth it.

Killer - Make Your Choice. This is a damn fine perk when used correctly. Can give you that momentum of continuously hooking people to delay the game and ensure your win.

Shrine of Secrets for the week of 9/19:

Survivor Perks:

Ace in the Hole - Ace Visconti Perk - 2000 IS

There is a 100 % chance that an add-on of Very Rare Rarity or lower will be attached to it. 10/25/50 % chance to find a second Add-on of Uncommon Rarity or lower.

This perk technically isn't very good. It's part of a greater chest build if you're a hoarder of items (like me!) It lets you find a purple or worse add-on on any item you search through a chest, with a chance of getting a second add-on that is yellow or worse. This is the perk I'm going to buy this week, as I've been planning on a chest spec for my Feng with Pharmacy / Plunderers and Ace in the Hole.

If you are looking for actual effective perks then this one isn't for you. This one is honestly a bit of a meme. The most clutch thing you'll get is a 1 state instant heal medkit which is admittedly pretty amazing.

Good combos include: Pharmacy (Quentin Perk), Up The Ante (Ace Perk), Plunderer's Instinct (General Perk). All of these could lead you to finding super rare items, easily finding chests and getting some free add-ons with them.

Boil Over - Kate Denson Perk - 2700 IS

Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25/50/75 %. You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 10/12/14 metres.

This perk makes it so the effects of you swaying left and right while being carried by the killer are increased. You'll make the killer bump into more walls and just generally be annoying.

At best this perk would get you off a hook because they didn't see the aura of a hook right next to them and opted for a further hook. The reality is most of the time this will just annoy the killer and not help you at all.

Good combos include: Decisive Strike - I'm struggling to find this meshing well with anything, but if you are not the obsession this could help you get to your 35% wiggle

Killer Perks:

Make Your Choice - Pig Perk - 2000 IS

When a Survivor rescues another from a Hook at least 48/40/32 metres away from you, Make Your Choice triggers and applies the Exposed Status Effect on the rescuer for 60 seconds. Make Your Choice has a cool-down of 60 seconds.

Now this is what I call a perk. This encourages you to leave a hook which is good for everybody. It also encourages you to not tunnel people off the hook. When you are far enough away from an unhook the person who unhooked will now be 1 hit down, even from full health. This perk meshes really well with somebody like The Hag, The Nurse or even Hillbilly.

Good combos include: BBQ & Chili (Leatherface Perk) as it lets you find killers who are outside the 40 meters, which would allow somebody to come in and unhook. Devour Hope (Hag Perk) as devour hope gives you tokens for people being unhooked when you're more than 24 meters away so you're getting rewarded twice.

Lightborn - Hillbilly Perk - 2000 IS

Unlike other beasts of the fog, you have adapted to light. Resistance to blindness is increased by 20/40/60 %. Recovery from blindness is increased by 50 %.

This perk is a flashlight deterrent. If you use this nobody will be able to flashlight save off of you. Best to equip when you see a squadette load in with 4 flashlights. Not a bad perk, really good when you've got some full on cancer coming at you.

Good combos include: Franklin's Demise (Leatherface Perk) just because fuck your flashlights.

My recommendations:

Survivor - None honestly. If you really want a perk pick up Ace in the Hole. Boil Over is so situational, and since it's the first time it's ever shown up on the shrine it has a 700 IS premium which makes it double not worth it.

Killer - Make Your Choice. This is a damn fine perk when used correctly. Can give you that momentum of continuously hooking people to delay the game and ensure your win.
Thanks again for the helpful descriptions and recommendations. Added to the OP!

Thanks OnionPowder !

I thought the Shrine updated every Wednesday? I missed grabbing the Clowns perk from last week. Oh well, I think I only have enough Shards for one perk this week so I might grab Make Your Choice

Ngl I don't really like any of them.

I don't really like many of the cosmetics tbh though. I do want colourful hair for Feng at some point and her panda shirt.

and shirtless David

But other than that *shrug*