Dead or Alive 6 Discussion Thread - Roster, Stages, DLC, etc

Goddamn it. I don't like Marie Rose and Honkers. Game needs to really wow me now to be a day 1 purchase, for now it feels like standard iterative release which was fine before these too characters.

Goddamn it. I don't like Marie Rose and Honkers. Game needs to really wow me now to be a day 1 purchase, for now it feels like standard iterative release which was fine before these too characters.
Not too sure why being more of the same was just fine if not for two out of what will be a roster of at least 25 characters. What specifically would "wow" you?

Not too sure why being more of the same was just fine if not for two out of what will be a roster of at least 25 characters. What specifically would "wow" you?
Surprise me I guess. I was never a fan of the 2 characters as they are far too pandering but at least they were DLC. Now they take the spot in the base roster which I don't appreciate especially if one of my favourites don't make it in.

Buy the free edition. Then buy all chars individualy except honk and marie
Good idea. TN definitely got it right on how to do a free version.

I only have a problem with Honoka, who really is an insultingly lazy and pandery character. Marie Rose has a unique fighting style and her look is actually a welcome change from the usual curvaceous DOA lady. I also liked her gothic lolita attire and darker aura. At first she was supposed to be devilish and mischievous, but that unfortunately vanished completely after her release for some reason. :/

Surprise me I guess. I was never a fan of the 2 characters as they are far too pandering but at least they were DLC. Now they take the spot in the base roster which I don't appreciate especially if one of my favourites don't make it in.

Good idea. TN definitely got it right on how to do a free version.
Honoka was never DLC though, having debuted as part of the base roster in 5:LR (Marie having been included by default by then as well, having only been DLC in Ultimate). Personally, I'm not expecting much in the way of surprises with this game. I can understand being less enthused about the game if you don't get back who you wanted, yet at the same time I don't really agree with the logic of, "this character isn't in because those two are as opposed to anyone else in particular".

And while getting the F2P version would allow you to pay piecemeal for only who you do want, it doesn't mean you would never run into other people playing characters you don't like online just because you don't have them.

Honoka was never DLC though, having debuted as part of the base roster in 5:LR (Marie having been included by default by then as well, having only been DLC in Ultimate). Personally, I'm not expecting much in the way of surprises with this game. I can understand being less enthused about the game if you don't get back who you wanted, yet at the same time I don't really agree with the logic of, "this character isn't in because those two are as opposed to anyone else in particular".

And while getting the F2P version would allow you to pay piecemeal for only who you do want, it doesn't mean you would never run into other people playing characters you don't like online just because you don't have them.
Fair enough and I don't have a problem playing against the character I just don't want to have them in my game. Don't wanna derail fans with my dislike of the 2 so I'll leave it at that.

Getting word from several Japanese speakers that Shimbori confirmed Nyotengu will be part of the story mode. No word on Phase 4, but I imagine she should be pretty easy to include.

New Bayman wall throw:

so all 3 costumes are wrestling themed
How boring
I'm happy with this theme!
It's to summon Tina in the game.
Getting word from several Japanese speakers that Shimbori confirmed Nyotengu will be part of the story mode. No word on Phase 4, but I imagine she should be pretty easy to include.

New Bayman wall throw:
Fuck yes Bayman.
Also, if Nyo is part of the story mode, that confirms my theory that the preorder code is just an early unlock. We'll see, but I'm sure it's the case.

Also, if Nyo is part of the story mode, that confirms my theory that the preorder code is just an early unlock. We'll see, but I'm sure it's the case.
Well she might just be part of the story and not necessarily playable. Street Fighter V did that, and one of the characters that was made playable in the next year has an entirely different model than the one in the story.

Either way it sounds like her impact on the story is pretty limited. I have my fingers crossed for at least a major battle with Ryu.

Clip of the announcement:

I'm happy with this theme!
It's to summon Tina in the game.
Lol I was gonna say something similar, If they are showing of a wrestling themed outfits then It would be a great time to reveal Tina and Lisa.

Tomorrow is the day anyway that the big special tournament finally happens and they've said they have a trailer that will be getting shown at the end of it so hopefully it's a character(s) reveal. :)

DOA6 segment starts at 3h05 on KT's stage here:
segment on Famitsu's channel starts at 2h34 here:
Thanks. Gonna check 'em out.

Tomorrow is the day anyway that the big special tournament finally happens and they've said they have a trailer that will be getting shown at the end of it so hopefully it's a character(s) reveal. :)
Couldn't it just be the gameplay reveal of Nyotengu and Phase 4?

I hadn't thought about that.
I mean that would still be cool too though honestly since even If we already know they are in the game we'd still be seeing them in DoA6 for the first time so I would still count it as character reveals.
Maybe It will be another story trailer like the one that revealed Ayane, Marie Rose etc? I don't know, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes to high in case I get disappointed but either way we'll know tomorrow so the wait is almost over.

Have we even seen their in-game models? I don't get the impression either character is anywhere near being complete. Given that they're day one and possibly even much later than that for Phase 4 (do we know for sure?), I think we'll see a majority of the base roster before we get a good look at them. We might get character models, but I'm not expecting gameplay of them until late this year or maybe even 2019.

All that said... this game seems to be moving along swiftly. It's made huge leaps from E3 to TGS, so I wouldn't be all that surprised if all of the characters are far enough along to show in-game footage.

My personal bet is on a teaser trailer for the next two characters. I'm guessing Bass and Tina to go along with the wrestling theme. Lisa could get in on that trailer as well, but I'm going with Bass and Tina.

Yeah, with all of the negativity Tira in Soul Calibur VI has gotten I think it will be quite awhile until we see Nyotengu or Phase 4.

Bass and Tina are a good prediction but I think they will save them for some western event, same with Lisa and Mila. Kokoro would probably appeal to the audience of TGS most overall I think.

Gameplay trailer of Ayane, Honoka and Marie Rose in the wrestling outfits on a new wrestling ring stage revealed in the trailer. Trailer ends with the door of the arena getting slammed open. Camera pans over and ends on what are clearly Bass'and Tina's shadows on the ground

My personal bet is on a teaser trailer for the next two characters. I'm guessing Bass and Tina to go along with the wrestling theme. Lisa could get in on that trailer as well, but I'm going with Bass and Tina.
Oh I hope so. Ive been really interested in seeing the big guys. I do hope Bass is shown off before other characters now.
Getting some info on Bayman is great. I was worried that we would only get that story trailer glimpse of him. But he is already in the demo. And Ive seen several quick videos of him on twitter and streams, so thats nice.
TGS has had 4 characters shown in game and 2 more including P4 and Nyotengu’s character art. That considered, I feel like if anymore are to be teased it will probably just be another silhouette teaser, which I would be good with. I’d like more stages to be shown or teased soon as well. We are only at 4 stages now.

When is the next event that TN could be at? Paris Games Week maybe?

Gameplay trailer of Ayane, Honoka and Marie Rose in the wrestling outfits on a new wrestling ring stage revealed in the trailer. Trailer ends with the door of the arena getting slammed open. Camera pans over and ends on what are clearly Bass'and Tina's shadows on the ground
Something like that would be great.

So best I can tell from the TGS footage, the clothing destruction and Call of Duty camera blood are gone? Guess I'm back onboard.

Marie and Honoka coming back is some bull shiiit tho.

So best I can tell from the TGS footage, the clothing destruction and Call of Duty camera blood are gone? Guess I'm back onboard.
There is a violence option that when turned off removes the on screen blood splatter and alters the camera during Break Blows. Clothing destruction is in the game but only certain costumes will have it and who knows how it will turn out. All that happens with Ayane from what we have seen is her hood exploding for example

There is a violence option that when turned off removes the on screen blood splatter and alters the camera during Break Blows. Clothing destruction is in the game but only certain costumes will have it and who knows how it will turn out. All that happens with Ayane from what we have seen is her hood exploding for example
Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the info.

All that's left is to see how good the PC port is, but I'm optimistic.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Sounds good enough for me. Thanks for the info.

All that's left is to see how good the PC port is, but I'm optimistic.
The fact that even at TGS, they're demoing both the PS4 version and the PC version simultaneously gives me hope that the PC version is much more of a focus this time around.

Hm, guess no lobby this weekend?

Marie and Honoka coming back is some bull shiiit tho.
They were never not coming back. There's nothing even remotely surprising about it.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the PC version of DOA6 is the best version. All 3D fighters of this generation seem to have been made with beefy PC hardware in mind, while the weaker consoles get the more or less downgraded ports. I hope that the downgrade won't be as noticable in DOA6 as it is with SC6 and especially T7. Console versions of T7 were clearly just an afterthought.

Tekken 7 on consoles was most certainly not an afterthought, especially considering the BS exclusive content the PlayStation 4 version has. I think current consoles are just naturally that shitty. Dragon Ball FighterZ on consoles has insane load times too.

Tekken 7 on consoles was most certainly not an afterthought, especially considering the BS exclusive content the PlayStation 4 version has.
Of course it wasn't an afterthought in that department, lol. Bandai Namco knows very well that the PS4 version is the most profitable one. I am talking about the downgraded graphical settings, resolutions and loading times. It hit the Xbox One version especially hard though, where they didn't even bother to add an Xbox One X patch even though the game is still being updated. Properly prioritized console versions of Tekken 7 would have been 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One with bearable loading times on both, while the PC version would've built onto that, improving it even more.

I think current consoles are just naturally that shitty.
Seriously? You are letting Bandai Namco way too easy off the hook here. Just look at what developers can do if they actually prioritize the console versions. Suddenly 1080p, 60fps, bearable loading times and pretty visuals are possible. Take Injustice 2 as an example. The PC version built on the already great console versions and looks and performs even better. A win/win situation for console and PC owners.

Anyway, in about 1 and 1/2 hours the DOA6 presentation will start with apparently one big reveal:

Last edited:
And this is the "special tournament" that's happening, right? I really don't know how my brain managed to think It wasn't for another like 10 hours until the event. I mean that would be like at 4am on the 24th for Tokyo time and tgs would be over but I was so certain... well whatever I somehow woke up in time to see it anyway so this is good! :)

It's time for Christie.

Everyone in the world is waiting with baited breath.
I wonder what they will reveal or tease... I can imagine them showing Nyotengu and/or Phase 4. A reveal or tease of the female newcomer might also be a possibility. Two more silhouettes of veterans would be lame. I can totally see that happening though, lol.

Hmm, didnt even think that it might just be the Marie costume.

This also reminds me a bit of the Leifang/Hitomi announcement from EVO, so it really might just be a tease for the next characters.

Hm, guess no lobby this weekend?
I'll try setting one up for the next weekend. Been a while since the last.

Maybe the new female character will be revealed and then two silhouettes of characters to be revealed at the next event? Or the new female character fighting another returning character like how Diego was revealed with Rig? Who knows, I guess we'll see in just a short while now.

Maybe the new female character will be revealed and then two silhouettes of characters to be revealed at the next event? Or the new female character fighting another returning character like how Diego was revealed with Rig? Who knows, I guess we'll see in just a short while now.
While I agree it's most likely a tease, my concern is what is the next event? During Evo we had confirmation the game would be featured at Gamescom and TGS with new builds, so a tease made sense. Do we even know what the next event is? Paris Games Week... maybe? What's even possible after that? PSX? Game Awards?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Playstation Experience is unlikely considering they've been dialing back on that event and this year appears to be no different.

The Game Awards is a likely candidate. Paris Games Week is possible but i wouldn't bet money on that.