Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT| I'm Coming Home, Ace

So I was going to finally go get the Sleeper, then random Dreg in Gambit dropped an engrams that gave me the Queensbreaker Bow

I guess I'm ready for the eventual Sleeper nerf

I'm on with Xbox support trying to figure out why Destiny 2 is suddenly broken for me.

Did anyone else notice a really small update about Friday that was tiny - like 4MB? It keeps coming up when I reinstall and that seems really small, obviously. Wondering if that's part of the glitch.

what is even the point in energy primaries. ain't nobody wanna suffer a 10% damage loss to most of the stuff you're shooting just so you can take out shielded enemies faster. i have all these awesomely rolled energy hand cannons, but none of them will ever compare to a nicely rolled kinetic. they're basically good for the singe stuff and that's it.

what is even the point in energy primaries. ain't nobody wanna suffer a 10% damage loss to most of the stuff you're shooting just so you can take out shielded enemies faster. i have all these awesomely rolled energy hand cannons, but none of them will ever compare to a nicely rolled kinetic. they're basically good for the singe stuff and that's it.
I guess you weren't around for using a Fatebringer or a Vision of Confluence in Destiny 1 Year 1...

That's when you could have Energy weapons in the Primary slot, allowing you to have all 3 elements with you.

And that's when shields were pretty much "match element or lulz"

Its one of the things that D2 kinda fucked up, but even D1 Y2 made the effort to take them away too except for the Zhalo which was an exotic.

Sorry, added more.

It's one of those those things that are because of the awful weapon loadout introduced in D2.
i know. it's been a problem for D2 since launch. it's just even more noticable now with the new system.

like, the vast majority of the stuff you're shooting in this game is unshielded. hand cannons in particular are precision weapons that reward you for crits by doing a high amount of dps. so like, what's the point in having an energy hand cannon if it's going to be doing 10% less damage than a kinetic weapon when you're hitting all those headshots? it's almost like energy primaries exist to be briefly used for shiels and then put away.

I guess you weren't around for using a Fatebringer or a Vision of Confluence in Destiny 1 Year 1...

That's when you could have Energy weapons in the Primary slot, allowing you to have all 3 elements with you.

And that's when shields were pretty much "match element or lulz"

Its one of the things that D2 kinda fucked up, but even D1 Y2 made the effort to take them away too except for the Zhalo which was an exotic.
Thanks, now I miss the Zhalo. Probably my most used Exotic Primary from D1, IIRC. The chain lightning was the best!

Warlocks really got the easy mode this expansion, Nova warp is the best super by far for pvp.

Shit is downright cheesy.

Insanely mobile, great AoE and it last for faaaar too long.

I can't put up the kind of numbers warlocks get in QP as hunter because i don't have a super that nasty.

Warlocks really got the easy mode this expansion, Nova warp is the best super by far for pvp.

I can't put up the kind of numbers warlocks get in QP as hunter because i don't have a super that nasty.
Nova warp is king in QP. Can wipe a team, then float over to another spawn and wipe them again. I just jump off the map when I see them now lol

Nova warp is king in QP. Can wipe a team, then float over to another spawn and wipe them again. I just jump off the map when I see them now lol

I dont understand how this gets through testing.

"Lets make a super functionally very similar to some already existing roaming supers. But, lets make it last way longer!"

Because who could see that might be OP.

Don't forget the unlimited handheld supernova combined with Contraverse Hold. Its like mini Novabomb that you can cast for 20 times in a match.

quick question about seeds of light; i did the Offering to the Oracle and got my second subclass. does the third seed drop in Blind Well just as is? i'm also assuming it only drops or has a higher likelihood of dropping in Level 3, correct?
Third seed is only from raid first encounter or as an offering this week. Not sure if the offering applies next week tbh

Third seed is only from raid first encounter or as an offering this week. Not sure if the offering applies next week tbh
alright, i'm confused. i got the first seed from the campaign and no others after that. last i checked, you got the second one from Blind Well, and the third from the raid. i did the offering to get the seed this week - can i still get the "second" seed from the well, or do i need to do the raid?

alright, i'm confused. i got the first seed from the campaign and no others after that. last i checked, you got the second one from Blind Well, and the third from the raid. i did the offering to get the seed this week - can i still get the "second" seed from the well, or do i need to do the raid?
Huh?

Now you’re confusing me. There are multiple sources of the seeds. If you don’t get one from a raid you ca. Get it from blind well or the offering.

you have 2 seeds, but you don't have the seed for doing the blind well tier 2 yet. So you can still get that one. Just need to keep playing blind well till it pops up.
1 for free
2 for offering
3 for rng blind well tier 2.

gambit is doa for solo players
Yeah. As a solo player for whatever reason I think I’m already burnt out in Forsaken. Today was the first day I haven’t even turned it on, played Spider-Man instead. The endless bad RNG for my Powerful Gear, bad rate for exotic drops, bugs in Ascendent Challenge and generally an all around nightmare for solo querers in Crucible and Gambit. I just feel dejected. Everyone else is doing this awesome end game content at high light levels and I just keep getting boots with my drops. Fuck me right?

you have 2 seeds, but you don't have the seed for doing the blind well tier 2 yet. So you can still get that one. Just need to keep playing blind well till it pops up.
1 for free
2 for offering
3 for rng blind well tier 2.
awesome, i thought/was hoping so. thanks for clearing that up :D

Grinding away, get a few purples from challenges and they pop with lower light levels than what I have equipped. Also pop in the same one armour slot repeatedly. Ugh.

How I wish there was more intelligence or progression to the RNG drops, you can get stuck for days in a shitty series of playtime that yield nothing on repetitious missions. Perhaps a nominated slot for RNG or similar could work well. I dunno, just some improvements would be nice. Unlocks on new content work really well but when you're running the same recycled stuff I don't want RNG zero progress attached to that thanks.

Just got Orpheus Rig from a weekly gambit bounty.

I've seen people mention this when forming groups for Nightfalls. I don't really understand the significance though.
When you tether a pack of enemys you get super energy back. If you hit enough of them you can get your super back straight away, so infinite tether. You get more energy back for hitting yellow health bars.

People pretty much insist on you having it if you're a hunter in raids because you can keep all the ads locked down and generate a fuckton of orbs. You can sometimes have two or even three tethers up at once, depending on the fight. It's best with top tree nightstalker.

When you tether a pack of enemys you get super energy back. If you hit enough of them you can get your super back straight away, so infinite tether. You get more energy back for hitting yellow health bars.

People pretty much insist on you having it if you're a hunter in raids because you can keep all the ads locked down and generate a fuckton of orbs. You can sometimes have two or even three tethers up at once, depending on the fight. It's best with top tree nightstalker.
didn't they nerf orpheus rig pretty badly?

Man Crucible doesn't want me getting my Broadsword. On basically a two day losing streak at this point, gotta make me work for the last prestige ehhhhhh Bungie? :(

edit: yay, I've finally played all the new crucible maps.

I don't like any of them.

Last edited:
Hit 560!

Yo the shattered Throne is incredible! Keep that up Bungie!! A three man tuned raid lair is perfect.

Also was able to get my 60 motes as a team emblem from gambit. That last guy was a hair away from spoiling it for us with that fucking sleeper.

Warlocks are always easy mode, no surprise.

didn't they nerf orpheus rig pretty badly?
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they nerfed it so you couldn't tether the same enemies over and over again. So its more like a 1 tether, spit out 7 orbs, get your super back, but you can't tether the same enemies to repeat the process. Nerf yes, but its still pretty strong if you have a area with constantly spawning areas, looking at you shattered throne infinite ghouls section.

Soloing Shattered Throne is so goddamn frustrating. Vorgeth is stuff of nightmares. Keep getting killed by bullshit setups where it's literally impossible to take cover or dodge. You basically have to get lucky with a good enemy formation, hope the boss doesn't push you too much, have full ammo and a Super ready too. Ugh!

I know I can do it. A few of my friends have. I just don't wanna spend all day or night doing it. But I MUST do it so I don't look like a bitch. I'll be so disappointed and angry at myself if I don't.

Gambit is all the good and bad things about Destiny rolled into a neat little bundle. A great idea but lacks anything resembling a balanced competitive experience. Its just all about who has access to the overpowered weapons for the mode and doesn't feel bad about using them. When my friends and I see a thousand voices on the other team while we're loading in(or more commonly 4 ikelos sg/sleepers), we have a conversation every time about whether to quit to save time, or just play out a loss.

Its really frustrating Bungie just can't execute anything other than raids.