Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia |OT| 3D Gacha--wait, come back!

My free draw was Yuna's 15 cp. I'm okay with this as I need one more to MLB and then I can focus on her 35 cp when it comes. By the way guys dont forget 4000 free games from co op cause co op meet bonuses have been reset from launch!!! :)

My Squall is my strongest chara, so he sure is handy in this event. Granted, the important stuff is super easy to get. Rest is just stuff you can grind as normal when leveling charas.

So people, some advice would be helpful
I'm lost on how to invest my resources when it comes to mlb weapons.
I have the following 35cp but without it's max level
Aerith
Lighting
Sabin
Garnet
Cloud
Steiner
Tidus
Ashe
Thancred
Balthier

Wich one do you recommend mlb without having the 15cp weapon? I would like to clear some heretic quests.

So people, some advice would be helpful
I'm lost on how to invest my resources when it comes to mlb weapons.
I have the following 35cp but without it's max level
Aerith
Lighting
Sabin
Garnet
Cloud
Steiner
Tidus
Ashe
Thancred
Balthier

Wich one do you recommend mlb without having the 15cp weapon? I would like to clear some heretic quests.
Out of those, aerith is definitely the one who works best without her 15 cp. Using her 2nd ability and spamming her brv+ attack works for the most part and being MLB will help that brv+ hit harder thus distributing more brv to the party.

Personally, I think that Tidus is a good second bet as quick hit is barely better with his 15 cp, but he's starting to lag a bit in general. His debuffs are super useful though.

Lightning is a powerhouse right now, but you'll definitely start to feel her drag with how weak sparkstrike is without her 15.

Sabin is pretty much trash on anything not a ghost. Cloud without his 15 hits like a limp noodle (not much better with it). Steiner isn't a great character period, but his 15 cp attack is much more important than his 35 (BRV + HP). Balthier works, but again since most of his damage happens with his 15 cp attack it sucks not having that passive but can still be useful on bosses with buffs (not often and you still have a better chance to steal with his 15 cp). Ashe needs both to keep up. Thancred is again kind of meh but might perform ok without his 15 cp, but he loses his main ability to do insane brv shave which is kind of his niche.

The only one I'm unsure of is Garnet as I have zero experience with her. Sorry if this was too long-winded.

Haven't played much in the last week due to Destiny shenanigans, but jumped back in last night and man, I have my work cut out for me lol. There's a lot to get done before the latest heretic events peace out and I haven't even started chapter 9 yet yikes.

I did get a copy of Yuna's 15cp off the freebie banner but that's maxed already so power stone it is. That allowed me to MLB Terra's 35cp though so she's gonna be doing the heavy work in the heretic quests.

Also, did everyone else get the rewards for the new co-op community challenge like a few hours after it launched? I wasn't expecting to receive those so soon. I have no idea how the community reached like 500 million that quickly. That seems nuts unless I totally misunderstood how they were scheduled to unlock.

Out of those, aerith is definitely the one who works best without her 15 cp. Using her 2nd ability and spamming her brv+ attack works for the most part and being MLB will help that brv+ hit harder thus distributing more brv to the party.

Personally, I think that Tidus is a good second bet as quick hit is barely better with his 15 cp, but he's starting to lag a bit in general. His debuffs are super useful though.

Lightning is a powerhouse right now, but you'll definitely start to feel her drag with how weak sparkstrike is without her 15.

Sabin is pretty much trash on anything not a ghost. Cloud without his 15 hits like a limp noodle (not much better with it). Steiner isn't a great character period, but his 15 cp attack is much more important than his 35 (BRV + HP). Balthier works, but again since most of his damage happens with his 15 cp attack it sucks not having that passive but can still be useful on bosses with buffs (not often and you still have a better chance to steal with his 15 cp). Ashe needs both to keep up. Thancred is again kind of meh but might perform ok without his 15 cp, but he loses his main ability to do insane brv shave which is kind of his niche.

The only one I'm unsure of is Garnet as I have zero experience with her. Sorry if this was too long-winded.
Thank you for the detailed reply! Really helpfull since I'm a little lost with how the character works best. I think that I'll focus on Aerith, Tidus and Lighting at this time.

Also, did 4 pull on the latest banner and not a single 35cp... worst luck ever

Thank you for the detailed reply! Really helpfull since I'm a little lost with how the character works best. I think that I'll focus on Aerith, Tidus and Lighting at this time.

Also, did 4 pull on the latest banner and not a single 35cp... worst luck ever
I know you struck out (I remember losing 7 pulls trying to get prishe with jack to show for it), but I'd consider dumping any single tickets and another 11 pull or two to the sazh banner. He literally makes every other character stronger right now. He is crazy good.

Last edited:
I know you stuck out (I remember losing 7 pulls trying to get prishe with jack to show for it), but I'd consider dumping any single tickets and another 11 pull or two to the sazh banner. He literally makes every other character stronger right now. He is crazy good.
I was keeping some gems for Celes's arrival but will consider giving the banner another chance.

I was so fu**** pissed this morning lol

I've sold every Sazh 15cp I've gotten up to now because I was strapped for power stones...

now he's apparently a god.

Got his 35cp from the free pull though. Did two more pulls on the Garnet banner trying to get Cloud's 35CP and got 2 Zell gloves :D, got Garnet's 35CP from a ticket though so not all is lost.

I kinda want Squall's 35CP but I'm not sure if he's worth pulling for again.

God is an understatement.

His 35CP was meant for the Awakening Era (Level 60), so currently he completely breaks the game and will probably remain to do so for the next 6 months.

He's so good, he basically elevates the entire cast to be usable no matter how bad they are, all the while shaving ridiculous amounts of BRV with Aim and having a free spammable BRV + HP for at max 36 turns.

I'm still really pissed about the 4 pulls I did for the latest banner and not even a Squall 35 cp (wich I don't have) the RNG gods do really hate me...

I might consider one more pull but I'm afraid about having bad luck again

It's totally not necessary.

Just if you want Sazh to overkill even harder.

Not like he needs it.

Cleaned out the entire token limited inventory, all that's left is unlimited crystals and artifacts.

Now I get to enjoy spending all my tokens on Sazh/Steiner Artifacts, claiming it

One.

By.

One.

I'm fairly new to this game and missed some character events. I also had a Dissidia NT code that I was one day late to redeeming. Pretty upset about that.

Anyways, newbie question: Are there any characters that people would reccomend against? I'm running a main party of Hope, Auron, and Cloud right now. Hope and Auron both have their intended event weapons from pulls, and Cloud just has a generic broadsword.

Pull for your favourites.

You'll get gear for 2 of the other featured characters and you'll inadvertently build a big stable of useable characters to choose from.

No character will stay good or bad forever. Multiple rounds of buffs come and go, so the worst characters at one point in the game eventually become useable/top tier and vice versa.

Besides, the GL client operates way differently to the JP timeline. They threw Tidus and Prishe's 35 CP weapons super early at us and completely fucked around with the meta.

The latest one is Sazh with his 35 CP. In JP, he didn't receive it until some characters already had the ability to break the level 50 cap to level 60.

We got it ~6 months in advance. It currently breaks the game.

What was your team comp and strategy? Apparently I’m still missing the 32k score for 500 gems.
Sazh/Balthier/Lightning with a friend Vaan to get rid of the Berserker Armour really quickly.

I tried to save the attack boosts to last all stages. I used attack boost on Balthier to start since he does very high damage on the spider mechs (it was my first time hitting for 9999 brv lol). I was conservative with my skill use on Lightning/Balthier to get rid of the spiders. On the 2nd stage Berserker armour, I used an attack boost on a friend Vaan + Ifrit summon and got rid of him really quickly + some additional damage on the Lich (not sure what that reaper enemy is called) on 3rd level. I started using skills there to finish it quickly. On the last level, I used all my skills to kill the Chimera as fast as possible.

My Balthier has his 15CP MLB/35CP 2LB, Lightning is fully MLB and Sazh just has his 35CP and his 5 star armor.

Took me a few tries to figure out how to handle each stage though, I eventually found using the friend on the Berserker armour to be the best use of them.

Great to hear more people getting the Heretic quests rewards.
I won't be able to complete the Rising one since I lack better equipment for some of the characters... next time maybe (I hope so lol)

I did the Heretic Rising 32k scores without our lord and savour Sazh.

But I've seen multiple people completely blow these scores out of the water by bringing him into them (like 40k+) for an easy clear for all the rewards.

Best XIII character is finally on top where he should be.

Great to hear more people getting the Heretic quests rewards.
I won't be able to complete the Rising one since I lack better equipment for some of the characters... next time maybe (I hope so lol)
Heretic quests are generally endgame content so you need to really be prepared for sure. However, I flew by these ones and I felt they were a little too easy if anything. I cleared them all without Sazh at first but last round of heretic quests I couldn’t even kill the first rising boss. It was tough as nails when they were first introduced.

Also thanks for the tips, Countblack. I was able to get the 32 k score but it was very difficult as I didn’t have lightning mlb to steal turns. A setup of Sazh, Prishe, and Terra was my best score. Terra mlb and Prishe mlb both 35 cp.

Heretic quests are generally endgame content so you need to really be prepared for sure. However, I flew by these ones and I felt they were a little too easy if anything. I cleared them all without Sazh at first but last round of heretic quests I couldn’t even kill the first rising boss. It was tough as nails when they were first introduced.
I was planning on using Sazh or Squall for the quests but my 4 pulls got me nothing at all. The pain won't go away... lol

Seeing Sazh blow everyone else out of the water right now just makes my heart sing. 'Bout time he got some lovin.

Also had a nice bit of luck tonight right before maintenance. Pulled both Cloud's and Garnet's 35cp, heck yeah.

Sorry for the bump but I finally completed Vanille’s lost chapter!!!!! Setup was MLB Terra 35 with 15 passive, Sazh 35 cp one lb, and Yuna 15 cp mlb. It was still really tough with Sazh but the trick is to make sure you don’t take much hp damage. Yuna’s Esuna is a godsend for the berserkers as they hit incredibly hard. In the end I took many breaks but I did it with 22k score and no healing somehow. I put a vaan friend up with 35 cp with an ifrit summon to do major damage. However, I feel I was very lucky in the end because of the berserkers targeting my characters that werent about to be broken. The fight is stupid rng though and things can go south incredibly fast. I feel I got lucky.

I feel like suffering, anyone got her 35cp? I spent 35k gems and walked away with 6 copies of her 15cp. *cries*
To avoid these situations I have a policy of "any gold will do". basically, my goal with characters is their gold weapon, regardless of which one. Aiming for all toppest will drive me mad. So i will save that mental torture till Ex weapons come. Then i can cry over not getting Noct's or Zidane's ex weapon.