Dragon Ball FighterZ |OT2| Let's Rock The Dragon

I know this game is a huge success but what are the odds of them not making a season 2? I'd love to see the game continue to be supported.
I don't know if we have a way to know DLC sales for this game, but I've seen several people with DLC characters so I'm assuming they were decent, so it's probably just a matter of time till they announce S2.

#17 looks so good! His speed is crazy and he has an in-built mix up move. I might go for a speedster team. Who are the quickest characters in the game? I think Blue Goku and Yamcha are up there right?

I don't know if we have a way to know DLC sales for this game, but I've seen several people with DLC characters so I'm assuming they were decent, so it's probably just a matter of time till they announce S2.
Would they do a season 2, or go straight into an "Ultra Dragon Ball FighterZ" and release all the new content into a disc that everyone has to buy?

Would they do a season 2, or go straight into an "Ultra Dragon Ball FighterZ" and release all the new content into a disc that everyone has to buy?
It'll probably be both, an updated disc and a new season pass. Hopefully they'll go the SFV route and owners of the original disc won't get screwed over.

It'll probably be both, an updated disc and a new season pass. Hopefully they'll go the SFV route and owners of the original disc won't get screwed over.
Bandai and ArcSys seem to have stopped going that route. ArcSys stopped with BBCF and Namco stopped with Tekken 7. A heavily discounted base game with sales on the season pass every once in a while seems likely for Namco's business model.

I want him to be good but A17 looking like Bardock 2.0.
Eh...
Bardock is really good in pretty stupid, low effort ways.

17 looks like he has the tools to be good, but will probably need some more lab time.

Netplay Bardocks will probably lose interest when they realize they can't just mash away on 17's autocombo, haha.

Time will tell if 17 is everywhere in tournaments though.

Ayy, I finally made it out of Super Saiyan 3 rank. That was such a huge bottleneck. I definitely needed a week or two away from this to clear my head. Came back and went from 640k to 720k in an evening. Not that I put much stock into rank/points but it feels nice to be improving.

Ayy, I finally made it out of Super Saiyan 3 rank. That was such a huge bottleneck. I definitely needed a week or two away from this to clear my head. Came back and went from 640k to 720k in an evening. Not that I put much stock into rank/points but it feels nice to be improving.
Congrats!

I'm kind of floating between SSJ3 and Majin rank right now. I pretty solidly wreck most players I find in the SSJ3 level but the moment I get into the Majin ranks I start running into the people who feel like they play this game 4 hours a day and haven't dropped a combo since Valentine's Day.

Congrats!

I'm kind of floating between SSJ3 and Majin rank right now. I pretty solidly wreck most players I find in the SSJ3 level but the moment I get into the Majin ranks I start running into the people who feel like they play this game 4 hours a day and haven't dropped a combo since Valentine's Day.
Ty ty. Funnily enough that's the way I felt about Demon rank/SSJ3 rank players before I took this break! The Demon players got soundly beaten but some SSJ3s seemed like mind-readers. Now I'm beating SSJ3 players easily enough and am having problems with Majins. It's all relative to one's own skill level, I guess.

Ty ty. Funnily enough that's the way I felt about Demon rank/SSJ3 rank players before I took this break! The Demon players got soundly beaten but some SSJ3s seemed like mind-readers. Now I'm beating SSJ3 players easily enough and am having problems with Majins. It's all relative to one's own skill level, I guess.
The big thing for me that broke me into the Majin rank was changing up my team a little, actually. I swapped out Cell for Broly and suddenly I was putting up more Ws

Once I hit Demon I'm worried I'll get exposed. I remember when I first hit Supreme Kai it was a struggle at first before I reached my stride. wish I had more time to play during the week it's been hectic for me the past two weeks so only been playing ranked a little one day a week lol

IIRC, the ranks with the most players are like...Saibaman (the first rank you have), Supreme Kai, Demon/SSJ3 so if you're hitting a wall, you're definitely not alone.

Eh...
Bardock is really good in pretty stupid, low effort ways.

17 looks like he has the tools to be good, but will probably need some more lab time.

Netplay Bardocks will probably lose interest when they realize they can't just mash away on 17's autocombo, haha.

Time will tell if 17 is everywhere in tournaments though.
Agreed, honestly I feel netplay Bardocks are mostly easy outside of having to deal with their terrible connections + auto combo, most of them can't do the Lv3 mixup properly so I just 2H them out of it.

Cooler looks better than I expected. Still thinking I need to totally reconfigure my team though. Wanna keep Goku Black at anchor but maybe see if I can work on something with 17 and Teen Gohan.

My two constants have always been SSGSS Goku and Adult Gohan. After those two I periodically rotate in Broly, Vegito, Bardock and here recently I picked up Frieza.

But god damn 17 looks like he would be a good fit.

Doesn't the PS4 have extra frames of input lag versus the PC (I know in Xrd it does)? I mean, I still want crossplay, but it feels like console users would be getting shortchanged there.

Doesn't the PS4 have extra frames of input lag versus the PC (I know in Xrd it does)? I mean, I still want crossplay, but it feels like console users would be getting shortchanged there.
Yeah, it's the same in SF5, but isn't made to be a big deal. AS could allow consoles to turn off v-sync, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. People are playing on all sorts of TV and controller configurations that have varying amounts of input lag. Differences will always exist, even within the same platform.

It's getting harder and harder to find hits in matchmaking at odd ranks and hours, regardless of platform.

I always find people easy when I hop on but I mostly fight on weekends (PS4, havent checked PC ina while but I only boot up Steam for ring matches).

I even filter for same Rank only in Ranked. Casual matchmaking is not ideal now. Because I can no longer filter for 'Stronger opponents only'. A true Sayian only gets stronger after getting his a** stomped into the ground. I do not like they got rid of this option. Casuals just strongly caters to the weak now and I have to reject like 3-4 same color matches sometimes to find a higher color opponent to spar

Like I said before I enjoy in this order:
-Ring match ******
-Arena (just join Arena priority and spam emotes til people join)
-Casuals

Disclaimer: I am aware SSGs and crap cant find matches. It is sad watching Cloud_805 have hard time finding matches on stream. And whats the name of that pro player that plays all the Majin race (21/Fat Buu/*)? Cant recall his name right now but he even has a hard time getting people into the Ring with him because people get salty when they lose too much and bounce

Understandable but tbh I liked knowing when I was going up against a pink. Made it feel extra good when I'd win (like once in a blue moon).
Yeah, but now you'll know when it's really a pink player. A lot of people when they reached pink for the first time avoided other pinks or rage quit during losses to keep their pink square.

Yeah, but now you'll know when it's really a pink player. A lot of people when they reached pink for the first time avoided other pinks or rage quit during losses to keep their pink square.
If they're removed entirely how would I know what color anyone is? I'm confused.

EDIT: If it helps explain my confusion, I haven't played online in a long while.

Last edited:
I'm barely able to hold Supreme Kai and now they add even more ranks on top?!?
The new ranks doesn't affect you and I is my understanding. They are for the guys at the top of the ladder with over 1mil BP is my understanding. Previously, there was no way to tell a 1mil BP guy apart from the 1.6mil BP player. Now they have extra ranks for the higher levels of play. Doesn't affect us in the slightest

did I misunderstand your post? If so, my bad

The new ranks doesn't affect you and I is my understanding. They are for the guys at the top of the ladder with over 1mil BP is my understanding. Previously, there was no way to tell a 1mil BP guy apart from the 1.6mil BP player. Now they have extra ranks for the higher levels of play. Doesn't affect us in the slightest

did I misunderstand your post? If so, my bad
I'm just a bit salty because they look cool and there is no way in HFIL I will ever obtain them.