Dragon Ball FighterZ |OT2| Let's Rock The Dragon

Base Vegeta neutral and buttons are kinda meh, I can kinda see why he's not widely seen in tournament now as we all thought he was gonna be. His mixups and damage are great but this normals are super stubby.

On the plus side, I think I got these loops down so people are exploding when I hit them.

I was really excited for cooler but I’m not sure I like him after trying him out for a bit. Probably just need more lab time. I’m disappointed That 17 is a rekka/heavy mix up character since I don’t like those.

Ok, I'm loving Cooler more than I though I would. There's just something about him as a brawler that just feels... right..

His 3H is gonna make a lot people tear their hair out since it goes through basic Ki blast and fireballs (Kamehamehas and such). Cause people would just toss those out to chip damage or keep you in block. Now you can dash straight through them and punch them in the face. lmao

17's rekka game though. <3

..and there's something funny about using 18 and bringing in two 17's at the same time to cover you.

I hit Demon rank last night. It just felt like I was in the zone or something. Now dreams of hitting SS3 has popped into my head. 18 has been putting in serious work for me it just felt like this game has gotten much easier to play since I started using her for the barrier

Going to be interesting once 17 goes live and I'll get to see how he synergizes with my team

What's Base Goku like, so who does he work with/is he terrible lol?
He's the only DLC that really interests me.
I'm not an expert, but I assume he likes characters that give him Spirit Bomb DHC- Kid Buu's the easiest but Hit and Yamcha have ways of doing it pretty simply and the rest of the cast has some corner cases.

I'm not an expert, but I assume he likes characters that give him Spirit Bomb DHC- Kid Buu's the easiest but Hit and Yamcha have ways of doing it pretty simply and the rest of the cast has some corner cases.
Ahh, I was planning on using him with Yamcha and Krillin (I never had a 3rd character who I liked to go with them), so that's great news.

base goku is interesting as the video shows below. Barduck/BGoku tek

Not sure how effective this is-- but his 'naked' L3 Spirit Bomb really does a lot of dmg and puts the opponent into a lot of blue health making him a pain in a 1vs1 situation because the victim has no way to recover blue health if they used spark. But that is a specific edge case at the highest and I have still beaten bgoku in this scenario. Hes def not a bad character. Just not a 'must' either. Very well rounded and complete character tho

however, I firmly believe all the dlc chars are worth buying. I own them all on both plat

What's Base Goku like, so who does he work with/is he terrible lol?
He's the only DLC that really interests me.
He's not terrible but he's very team dependent and his design doesnt fit the whole point/point/point style that a lot of ppl like to up. I think he's the only character without a reversal. I play him on my zam/boku/tien team and i think he's fun.

Goodness y'all still dont have the new dlc (US PSN)? Was expecting this thread to be ablaze with happy posts by now

I'm at work right now anyway so hoping its out by the time I go home in like 4hrs+

I had my heart set on Team Red Ribbon (17/18/16) since we heard 17 was coming but after a bit of labbing I don't think this team will work. 17 and 18 cover too much of the same ground (low-ish damage, lacking in neutral, strong mixups). 17's barrier assist is ok and might have some nice blockstring applications, but as a combo extender it's awkward and leaves both 16 and 18 with sub-optimal damage compared to many others, 16 can't even extend midscreen with it :/

I really like 17 but it's a shame that team doesn't seem to synergize very well.

Is it just me or does Cooler has some weird wind up/delay on most of his animations? I had a ton of situations already were me and my enemy both attack at the same time but I lose out because Coolers animation seems to take too long.

Is it just me or does Cooler has some weird wind up/delay on most of his animations? I had a ton of situations already were me and my enemy both attack at the same time but I lose out because Coolers animation seems to take too long.
He's a brawler. That's how he's supposed to be.. He's not going to beat you in a toe to toe exchange because he isn't as fast animation-wise. You have to rely on distance and his reach (his medium attacks). Just keep them out of their sweet spots and keep them from getting right up in your face.

His 2H animation is so goofy i love it
Love the animation, but I hate how stubby it is (no forward distance). Screwed me up more than once and left me wide open until I got used to it and began minimizing my ground combo hit count by one before the 2H.

Last edited:
Look at it this way: better than Krillin!
That's the thing, you expect it with Krillin!

The first time I whiffed it in a match I literally said, "What the FUCK!?" out loud. And every time afterwards I closed my eyes and sighed while they punished me because I did the same shit again and again. Gonna lab him for the rest of the week to build up the muscle memory. Then move on to Cooler next week.