Dragon Ball FighterZ |OT2| Let's Rock The Dragon

Krillin has Solar Flare though.
If we're just talking about hitbox, Solar Flare makes for an amazing anti air. Even though the cost to combo from it is stupid.
Yeah, we're taking about the hitbox, but the ground v ground aspect. Not the anti-air capability.

The Virgin Android vs the Chad MVP

Still prefer original 17's design. I just hate Ranger 17's gloves.. so, so much. Plus the original's scarf game is on point.

Side note, is it me or does his head get HUGE in certain animations during air combos? lol

Yeah, we're taking about the hitbox, but the ground v ground aspect. Not the anti-air capability.

Still prefer original 17's design. I just hate Ranger 17's gloves.. so, so much. Plus the original's scarf game is on point.

Side note, is it me or does his head get HUGE in certain animations during air combos? lol
The joke is more that the left model makes him squished

The joke is more that the left model makes him squished
Oh, no I got it.. we went through this long time ago when Slaythe was complaining that he was too small even compared to 18. Just talking about something else.

Wait Cooler's assist is an INVINCIBLE DP? I may need to play him now.

Everyones trying out the new characters but I just found a new team yesterday that I'm loving.

Yep!

Telling you guys, people are sleeping on Cooler's invincibility moves. His rising DP knee and 3H are no joke.

I have a problem that's kinda annoying lately.

If the enemy uses his Spark and dashes towards me he can instantly start his combo and if his combo ends he can just instantly start a dash again. I'm stuck and don't see any window to counter. What can I do in such a situation?

If the enemy uses his Spark and dashes towards me he can instantly start his combo and if his combo ends he can just instantly start a dash again. I'm stuck and don't see any window to counter. What can I do in such a situation?
Im not exactly sure what you're referring to but, assuming you mean super dash:

When you get hit by a spark activation and they super dash you don't have time to 2h, you can parry but they can also empty vanish you if they read you. Parrying will work most of the time, but id just block if you've been doing it a lot since taking a full combo while they are sparked sucks. If you block most will tend to mash on their way down, which you can parry. Most will test mashing first instead of not mashing imo.

If they are superdashing when their combo ends without an assist they are very likely able to be 2h'd, i cant speak for every scenario but superdash as a blockstring ender tends not to be real.

Sorry if this isnt what you mean lol

2H the super dash. Pretty sure you can do that, no matter which one you're talking about, unless they cover it with an assist.

Im not exactly sure what you're referring to but, assuming you mean super dash:

When you get hit by a spark activation and they super dash you don't have time to 2h, you can parry but they can also empty vanish you if they read you. Parrying will work most of the time, but id just block if you've been doing it a lot since taking a full combo while they are sparked sucks. If you block most will tend to mash on their way down, which you can parry. Most will test mashing first instead of not mashing imo.

If they are superdashing when their combo ends without an assist they are very likely able to be 2h'd, i cant speak for every scenario but superdash as a blockstring ender tends not to be real.

Sorry if this isnt what you mean lol
2H the super dash. Pretty sure you can do that, no matter which one you're talking about, unless they cover it with an assist.
Sadly the window for the 2H is so small in this situation I might not even bother and with blocking it's just a matter of time until they get through with a mix up. But it's only when they're sparking that I don't see any window to counter. Don't know what's up with that.

Also almost every fighting game in existence taught me that the best thing I can do on a wake up or while blocking a combo is doing a normal, light punch since it's usually the fastest attack available and faster than whatever combo the enemy is trying. Doesn't work in this game and it fucks me up everytime I see a supposed opening after a combo and try to counter.

Had some time to try out the new characters and the game just wanted to make me angry. Twice disconnected from the lobby, my second ever rage-quiter and the guy was absolutely awful literally ruining into 2H all match. Plus a laggy match where the guy was spamming Cell auto-combo and I was just getting annoyed.

Anyway..., first impression I like Cooler a lot. This guy has a huge tail and he swings it around with no shame! Walking though beam also feels great plus he has a dp. Welcome to the team.

Running my three favorites from Budokai 3: Kuririn/Cooler/SSJ Vegeta

Sadly the window for the 2H is so small in this situation I might not even bother and with blocking it's just a matter of time until they get through with a mix up. But it's only when they're sparking that I don't see any window to counter. Don't know what's up with that.

Also almost every fighting game in existence taught me that the best thing I can do on a wake up or while blocking a combo is doing a normal, light punch since it's usually the fastest attack available and faster than whatever combo the enemy is trying. Doesn't work in this game and it fucks me up everytime I see a supposed opening after a combo and try to counter.
My bruh reminded me that down tech after getting hit by spark allows you to 2h a mashed sd, so keep that in mind too

I'm fairly positive you can 2H. You gotta read it, though, as reacting (at least for me) doesn't provide enough time. Honestly, reading attacks during pressure is the only real option (...at least for me). I'll admit the possibility that I'm wrong about sparking. Also, maybe some characters put you in a longer blockstun, not giving you enough time? And maybe some characters have two slow of a windup? I dunno. Now I'm rambling.

You can also deflect! Actually, can you deflect a super dash? Just occurred to me I don't think I've ever tried.

And you can do a level 3 if your input is fast enough to really destroy their day (assuming they're low enough that they'll die rather than immediately recover all that health). My friend does this to me all the time. I HATE IT!!!!!

Light attack can actually work, but the timing is super specific on super dash. Definitely don't rely on it.

Last edited:
I'm fairly positive you can 2H. You gotta read it, though, as reacting (at least for me) doesn't provide enough time. Honestly, reading attacks during pressure is the only real option (...at least for me). I'll admit the possibility that I'm wrong about sparking. Also, maybe some characters put you in a longer blockstun, not giving you enough time? And maybe some characters have two slow of a windup? I dunno. Now I'm rambling.

You can also deflect! Actually, can you deflect a super dash? Just occurred to me I don't think I've ever tried.

And you can do a level 3 if your input is fast enough to really destroy their day (assuming they're low enough that they'll die rather than immediately recover all that health). My friend does this to me all the time. I HATE IT!!!!!

Light attack can actually work, but the timing is super specific on super dash. Definitely don't rely on it.
Doing A Super on Wake up was my go to in this situation as well since you can chip away a whole lot of time from an enemy spark, but it doesn't seem to work for me lately. Deflect also may be an idea, but my problem is always that I don't know what to do after a deflect and end up in the same situation again, provided the deflect is timed right of course.

Another thing I just noticed: When I try to do a Level 3 super with Broly after an autocombo the enemy sometimes can recover midair despite clearly being hit by the attack already. I don't know if that's generally the case and most of the players just don't know you can escape like that or am I doing something wrong?

So whats the verdict on 17 and Cooler now that the community has their hands on them?

I don't have the Season Pass and I was wondering who to pick up between Cooler, 17, or Base Vegeta.

So whats the verdict on 17 and Cooler now that the community has their hands on them?

I don't have the Season Pass and I was wondering who to pick up between Cooler, 17, or Base Vegeta.
17 has been the most fun I've had since returning to the game, but I also enjoy rekkas and mix-up gimmicks. Cooler didn't look interesting enough for me to buy at the moment, and I've also passed on both Base Vegeta and Base Goku alike currently (Base Goku looked slightly more interesting, whereas Base Vegeta didn't seem as versatile as SSJ Vegeta or as enjoyably flashy as Bluegeta).

It would best for someone who's actually bought all three to weigh in, though.

Got to the top of the leaderboards for the Switch version on day 1. Probably won't stay, since playing online on this thing is terrible. :/

PS4 will be my primary platform for sure.

17 has been the most fun I've had since returning to the game, but I also enjoy rekkas and mix-up gimmicks. Cooler didn't look interesting enough for me to buy at the moment, and I've also passed on both Base Vegeta and Base Goku alike currently (Base Goku looked slightly more interesting, whereas Base Vegeta didn't seem as versatile as SSJ Vegeta or as enjoyably flashy as Bluegeta).

It would best for someone who's actually bought all three to weigh in, though.
I went ahead and grabbed both because I am weak lol

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:
Btw for all Cooler players I am sure someone has mentioned it but if you intentionally miss the small elbow at the beginning of his light auto combo and then use his level 3 immediately after his auto dash the super hits MUCH harder than normal. About 1100 extra damage than if you were to land the small elbow normally.
This is a universal thing actually, almost all characters have their second hit of their auto combo act as a "medium attack" for scaling.

Btw, does anyone have any tutorial vids for getting long combo’s? I always like fighting games and got the Switch version yesterday, but I played four matches and got rekt three times against guys who where throwing out combo’s like they were nothing.

The game has some flashy moves with simple inputs, but I want to string more combo’s.

Btw, does anyone have any tutorial vids for getting long combo’s? I always like fighting games and got the Switch version yesterday, but I played four matches and got rekt three times against guys who where throwing out combo’s like they were nothing.

The game has some flashy moves with simple inputs, but I want to string more combo’s.
My advice is don't bother with combos until you have the basics down. I can comfortably hold my ground just with using autocombos and chaining them with Supers and vanishes with character switches.

Can anyone explain to me why I can no longer see opposing players names in matchmaking? I have no idea how to tell if the person that I just got paired with is the person I just got done fighting or if its someone new?

Its immensely fucking frustrating.

Pretty much the same reason no one can see other players' network colors either before actually accepting the match: to discourage dodging specific people.
Okay but thats stupid as hell.

If I just got trounced by someone who is CLEARLY better than me or was paired with someone who is AFK or playing like a troll and I don't want to play them again then I have no way of avoiding that particular player now. Thats utterly ridiculous and does nothing but ruin the experience of the players.

Really wouldn’t worry about it bro, apply some logic here - game is insanely popular you aren’t likely to get matched against someone multiple times - and if you do? Not the end of the world.

Okay but thats stupid as hell.

If I just got trounced by someone who is CLEARLY better than me or was paired with someone who is AFK or playing like a troll and I don't want to play them again then I have no way of avoiding that particular player now. Thats utterly ridiculous and does nothing but ruin the experience of the players.
You can mark players you don't want to play against in the menu. Just go Start > player list > combat log > open the players profile and then press Y (or whatever button it is on Playstation) to set him on the list. YOu may have noted the "Marked player" symbol that is greyed out when matching with a player. That's where you can see it's someone on your blacklist so to speak. Similiarly the "Follow" function seems to be intended for marking players you liked to fight against.

Really wouldn’t worry about it bro, apply some logic here - game is insanely popular you aren’t likely to get matched against someone multiple times - and if you do? Not the end of the world.
You don't want to unnecessarily bleed points in Ranked just because you got matched with someone you already lost against without any chance to win.

There are a whole lot of annoying things in this game lately I have to rant about. That stupid combo where you can chain a 2H into a dragon rush needs to be kicked out of the game asap. So many times I changed characters just to be hit by that stupid shit and be pushed back to my almost dead character again. And you can't even avoid it since theres no reliable way to change a character without going into a super dash.