Dragon Ball FighterZ |OT2| Let's Rock The Dragon

You can mark players you don't want to play against in the menu. Just go Start > player list > combat log > open the players profile and then press Y (or whatever button it is on Playstation) to set him on the list. Similiarly the "Follow" function seems to be intended for marking players you liked to fight against.
Okay THAT I had no idea about.

There are a whole lot of annoying things in this game lately I have to rant about. That stupid combo where you can chain a 2H into a dragon rush needs to be kicked out of the game asap. So many times I changed characters just to be hit by that stupid shit and be pushed back to my almost dead character again. And you can't even avoid it since theres no reliable way to change a character without going into a super dash.
Now this is just crazy talk. The last thing I'd want is someone to regen all their health because they swapped out a character. For each strategy, you need a counter strategy.

And if you want to swap characters safely, you can:
-Do it mid combo after a H/2H smash.
-Do a tag in super.
-Do a block tag.
-Cover it with an assist.

Last edited:
Now this is just crazy talk. The last thing I'd want is someone to regen all their health because they swapped out a character. For each strategy, you need a counter strategy.

And if you want to swap characters safely, you can:
-Do it mid combo after a H/2H smash.
-Do a tag in super.
-Do a block tag.
All those options you cited put me at risk (something I don't want with a sliver of health left) or cost me a meter. I'm fine with dragon rushes being able to swap out characters, it just shouldn't be possible to combo into it right after I got already punished for swapping my character.

All those options you cited put me at risk (something I don't want with a sliver of health left) or cost me a meter. I'm fine with dragon rushes being able to swap out characters, it just shouldn't be possible to combo into it right after I got already punished for swapping my character.
Yeah, there should be a risk or cost to it.

Being able to recover about half the damage we take(or all in the case of raw a lvl 3) is big, so giving the players a way to reverse it for capitalizing on the other's mistakes balances it out.

Yeah, there should be a risk or cost to it.

Being able to recover about half the damage we take(or all in the case of raw a lvl 3) is big, so giving the players a way to reverse it for capitalizing on the other's mistakes balances it out.
As I said, the risk is already there. I can be punished for swapping a character. Being able to completely negate a character swap and doing damage on a swapped in character on top is just too much.

I'm also of the opinion that combos that take away half of a characters health shouldn't be possible since it undermines what a fighting game is about but that's another topic.

Anyone else having a problems finding a match online on the switch version? I only managed to play one very laggy ring match. Now, everytime I join a ring match, I keep getting failed to join messages. In arena matches, I keep on waiting and waiting but nothing's happening. In ranked and casual, I keep getting blah blah blah match condition errors.

I need help. :(

As I said, the risk is already there. I can be punished for swapping a character. Being able to completely negate a character swap and doing damage on a swapped in character on top is just too much.

I'm also of the opinion that combos that take away half of a characters health shouldn't be possible since it undermines what a fighting game is about but that's another topic.
There are situations where the damage our swapped in character will take does not outweigh the health the swapped out character will recover, if I didn't have to worry about my opponent removing that blue health then the risk really wouldn't be a big deal in those situations.

Recovering health is a very high reward, it should come with a very high risk imo. Raw tags have the greatest risk, tagging mid combo or spending meter to DHC lowers that risk and let's us recover some health safely, but has a cost or is it's own reward.

As for the damage thing, this is a team game, lower damage would kill the pacing. It's better to think of half of one character's health as 1/6th of your overall health. I don't think DBFZ needs higher damage, but lower would be bad, especially with the very generous blue health system.

Do Cooler or 17 have any Dramatic Finishes?
Nope. More annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be any interactions for the rest of the cast with them. Okay, it's pretty minor compared to actual gameplay, but it's a strange omission- have to wonder if they were developed after the initial batch of voice acting or something.

Nope. More annoyingly, there doesn't seem to be any interactions for the rest of the cast with them. Okay, it's pretty minor compared to actual gameplay, but it's a strange omission- have to wonder if they were developed after the initial batch of voice acting or something.
Maybe some will come in free updates, now that free updates seem to be a thing for this game.

Does Base Goku need to use L,L,2M,5M in many combos, or can he just skip the 2M?
The delay feels like it'll be awkward online.
It's not bad at all once it becomes muscle memory. It's a good thing to get in your memory either way because the built in delay on the 5LL->2M confirm is also the timing you need to mix it up with his command grabs in his block strings. That's Base Goku's central mixup at an extremely basic level.

It's not bad at all once it becomes muscle memory. It's a good thing to get in your memory either way because the built in delay on the 5LL->2M confirm is also the timing you need to mix it up with his command grabs in his block strings. That's Base Goku's central mixup at an extremely basic level.
Right, no problem. I've got it down in training mode, but I know I'm gonna drop the hell out of it online.

played more ranked but boy am I tired now. I got to around 538k BP before burning myself out on that mode for the day

Now Casual mode--- Wow they did a really good thing!!! Infinite rematch is a god send. Only bad thing is now that you cant see opponents color there is no way to filter for stronger opponents. But overall this is much better, and now Pinks hopefully wont be turned down anymore. Although, people can filter for same color so....

Yeah, im in the dragonball discord!
whats your name in there? Maybe you never say a word?

I could consider 21 on point in the case of those teams, but not Goku Black since putting him there is largely discouraged and SSJ Vegeta works best as an anchor. For me, putting 17 on point is probably a holdover from doing so with 18.

Got to Android rank, promoted to yellow square and bought all the Halloween stuff, fun FighterZ day. Only lost to a green square who started playing as a pink square in the second match and so forth.

Feels nice to have a fixed team. Loving Cooler, I feel like he's perfect as mid and in this game there's not many mid characters.

I could consider 21 on point in the case of those teams, but not Goku Black since putting him there is largely discouraged and SSJ Vegeta works best as an anchor. For me, putting 17 on point is probably a holdover from doing so with 18.
I never understood putting 18 on point either. I was running 18 purely for her Barrier to cover Vegito's weaknesses til 17 released. maybe it's because my point man has security holes that needs to be patched up lol

Got to Android rank, promoted to yellow square and bought all the Halloween stuff, fun FighterZ day. Only lost to a green square who started playing as a pink square in the second match and so forth.

Feels nice to have a fixed team. Loving Cooler, I feel like he's perfect as mid and in this game there's not many mid characters.
Grats!!

... Why didn't we get the new intro with the patch?
I know right what a let down

I never understood putting 18 on point either. I was running 18 purely for her Barrier to cover Vegito's weaknesses til 17 released. maybe it's because my point man has security holes that needs to be patched up lol

Grats!!

I know right what a let down
18's barrier assist has vulnerable parts (which usually leads to her AND your point character both getting combo'd at the same time) and you're better off using her great mixup capabilities + two assists to help her neutral and lockdown. She's definitely best on point imo.

18's barrier assist has vulnerable parts (which usually leads to her AND your point character both getting combo'd at the same time) and you're better off using her great mixup capabilities + two assists to help her neutral and lockdown. She's definitely best on point imo.
Yeah 18 is better as point imo, good for vortex. I use 21 and Gohan with her for combo extensions and pressure. Not exactly great synergy but it does the job.

Just got this on switch (never played another version) and love it so far despite the steep learning curve.

What are my best defensive options when I'm stuck in the corner? I end up eating two combos at least. Is all I can do just try and block the mix up? I miss the crash tag from bbtag.

Just got this on switch (never played another version) and love it so far despite the steep learning curve.

What are my best defensive options when I'm stuck in the corner? I end up eating two combos at least. Is all I can do just try and block the mix up? I miss the crash tag from bbtag.
There's Z Reflect, back + Special, it can only be done when out of blockstun, but it will push the opponent out and we don't have to guess high or low. There are of course counters to it, so we have to be smart on how we use it.
There's guard cancel, forward + either assist while in blockstun. If we have teammates then we tag out, if not, then the character will teleport behind the opponent and attack. This costs one bar.

Sometimes vanish can get us out of gaps, it has some startup though. There's also the choice to use Sparking, it can be one of the safest options, but we then have to commit to using our Sparking. If you want to get a little more advanced, there's the tag OS, hold an assist button and up back, and if we jump without getting hit then we will tag out.

Pressure is very scary in this game, and all the options have some strong counters, but smart use of them will go a long way.

Some assist frame data someone tested out, though not sure if it's 100% accurate. Kind of surprised Cooler's works the same as the Gohan's invuln wise; it feels a lot more successful as a 'get off me' tool, maybe just due to the larger hitbox.

Yeah 18 is better as point imo, good for vortex. I use 21 and Gohan with her for combo extensions and pressure. Not exactly great synergy but it does the job.
you guys know of any pros (Top8) using A18? The only one I can think of was ChrisG and he definitely never put her on point.

Leffen use to put A18 on point though. So I guess in the end, in a game where you can run 3 points jsut fine, you can just do whatever you want

unlike bbtag, this game has absolute shat defense options.

[edit] Made a list so it's less to read
- Spark (this is the most sure way I know of since it repels the attacker when its your turn)
- Guard cancel
- Level 3 super
- zdeflect
- Try to jump out
- Vanish
- Barrier assist / use assist to get out if you find an opening
- fight yer way out

There is no sure way to get out.

In DBFZ, you have to control time & space carefully to make sure you never end up in the corner.

Last edited:
Deflect is
unlike bbtag, this game has absolute shat defense options. All you can do is Vanish, try to L3 (but you probably cant cause you're block-stunned), or pray zdeflect lands + immediately follow up the deflect with something. Because a butt naked zdeflect, even if it lands, will just result in them being right back in your face.

In DBFZ, you have to control time & space carefully to make sure you never end up in the corner.
Deflect is legit though. If you can successfully deflect you can really get an enemy out of his loop and force him to make mistakes.

Reflect is fine for people starting out.
It has a very generous window and ignores high/lows.

Of course, it's much more complicated at higher levels, but someone just starting out should be looking for others around their level. It's a mechanic people should get used to early on imo.

Yeah, I'm a burning trash fire at this game and reflect has got me out of a lot of situations; it's more easy to use at low levels than something like XRD's Blitz Shield, that's for sure.

whats your name in there? Maybe you never say a word?
Tag and profile pic are the same. I literally posted in the dbfz channel and here at the same time lol.

Also, for non hard knockdowns (after level 3) it's always good to mix up your wake up options. Back tech, up tech, delayed rise. Make your opponent have to guess what you'll do if they don't have setups to cover all options and it's a little bit easier to fight your way out.

Last edited: