Dragon Ball FighterZ |OT2| Let's Rock The Dragon

Is that guy that even asked the question even checking this thread? It seems like anytime we try to give them advice they always seem to be strangely silent. I always wonder are they busy trading the game back in or something lol

Tag and profile pic are the same. I literally posted in the dbfz channel and here at the same time lol.

Also, for non hard knockdowns (after level 3) it's always good to mix up your wake up options. Back tech, up tech, delayed rise. Make your opponent have to guess what you'll do if they don't have setups to cover all options and it's a little bit easier to fight your way out.
Hm, I think you're not in the fighting game era Discord. We ended up playing ring match like 30 mins or so after your post.

18's barrier assist has vulnerable parts (which usually leads to her AND your point character both getting combo'd at the same time) and you're better off using her great mixup capabilities + two assists to help her neutral and lockdown. She's definitely best on point imo.
For clarity for anyone that doesnt visit Discord-- this poster bodied me anytime we fought. So his posts definitely override mine.

Last edited:
Is that guy that even asked the question even checking this thread? It seems like anytime we try to give them advice they always seem to be strangely silent. I always wonder are they busy trading the game back in or something lol

Hm, I think you're not in the fighting game era Discord. We ended up playing ring match like 30 mins or so after your post.

For clarity for anyone that doesnt visit Discord-- this poster bodied me anytime we fought. So his posts definitely override mine.
I'm checking it and will likely go back and read those posts again when I get chance to practice my defense tomorrow. I'm just busy right now. Expect more questions from me! Thanks.

Six buttons and an analog stick would technically be enough, but I can't imagine playing this game (or any fighting game) with the analog stick and not a d-pad on a controller.

Last edited:
Just play, I've seen ring matches handing out 1k per match now instead of 500 zeni. Combine that with those huge z-union zeni bucks.

I like the new rank titles. I want to sport the ultra instinct one.
That 1k is better, but I don't play a ton of ring matches anymore, I get 6650 Zeni for defeating a Piccolo, Nappa, and Yamcha each with less than 5 percent of their life, so I don't mind doing a few of those each day, that equals those 20k bonuses quick.

Didn't know there were new titles. That Ultra Instinct one sounds awesome.

Thanks for the defensive breakdown guys. How on earth do you hit the defensive tag option, do I need to be in Blockstun and then hit forward and tag? Seems a tight window
That's pretty much it, same as v-reversal in street fighter. For best results you want to do it early during something w/ longer blockstun or even during a beam or something; something that will ensure you don't get fully punished.

That's pretty much it, same as v-reversal in street fighter. For best results you want to do it early during something w/ longer blockstun or even during a beam or something; something that will ensure you don't get fully punished.
OK thanks both. Don't think I'll bother much with it for now. Forward l trigger is so fiddly I tried it in a match and ending up eating huge damage.

You need to pay attention to your opponent's blockstrings when you want to guard cancel. Be on the lookout for attacks where the opponent doesn't have many cancel options, so you don't tag right into a 2H or whatever.

Just play, I've seen ring matches handing out 1k per match now instead of 500 zeni. Combine that with those huge z-union zeni bucks.

I like the new rank titles. I want to sport the ultra instinct one.
playing this game the way it is intended it would take years I think to accumulate 20 million. I know I have yet to cross the 5 mil zeni mark and I play--- oh wait I guess I only play on weekends mainly

I think I checked FSLink's profile since he's got over 1k ranked games played and I cant recall him having acquired the 5 mil zeni trophy either. If anybody deserves to be rich in this game- you'd think it would be a Super Saiyain God / Living Legend. Not some dude grinding story mode on Hard. It's ironic the high ranked guys are broke af with hardly no colors

This is why I was talking bout in Discord they should award people that grind Ranked ladder with lots of zeni. It's stupid we are so poor

[edit] /whine off, Okay I have all the colors (but thats due to er, running turbo on Arcade mode). But I shouldn't have to do that I'm a Demon for goodness sakes lol

So another question from me, is there an easy way to perform an IAD? In bbtag its a and b together I think with 869. I think there must be as up then forward forward isn't that quick.

What the fuck!? Just found out by pure luck that Cooler's lvl1 (Death Crasher) goes through lvl3 beam supers!

Had a T.Gohan try to do a wake up lvl3 and my Cooler boosted straight through and knocked him the fuck out. Double checked in training and there's no timing required. If they raw level 3, you can activate your lvl1 during their animation and it's a done deal.

Cooler <3

What the fuck!? Just found out by pure luck that Cooler's lvl1 (Death Crasher) goes through lvl3 beam supers!

Had a T.Gohan try to do a wake up lvl3 and my Cooler boosted straight through and knocked him the fuck out. Double checked in training and there's no timing required. If they raw level 3, you can activate your lvl1 during their animation and it's a done deal.

Cooler <3
Wow that's a really nice touch. Good callback to when he pops through Goku's Kamehameha in the movie.

Cooler still an awful character but gotta admire their faithfulness.

I'm sure it doesn't look like that in practice, but not sure how else you could do it haha.

Cooler <3
Time to start playing CLR

"I'mma plant me a DUMBASS TREE!"

Truth be told, I probably would've felt more inclined to buy Cooler if I had watched Team Four Star's version of his first movie sooner.

Is anyone elses digital switch copy randomly crashing while in online lobby? It mostly happens when someone declines a match
Mine mostly crashes during matches, or before they start in Ring Party matches where instead of 3v3 it's like 3v2 since it randomly kicks someone when the battle starts

Mine mostly crashes during matches, or before they start in Ring Party matches where instead of 3v3 it's like 3v2 since it randomly kicks someone when the battle starts
It must be software related right? I doubt it's the SD card since the game works fine outside the online queue and I've used it for some time with zero issues.

Wow that's a really nice touch. Good callback to when he pops through Goku's Kamehameha in the movie.

Cooler still an awful character but gotta admire their faithfulness.

I'm sure it doesn't look like that in practice, but not sure how else you could do it haha.
That's pretty much what it looks like. lol Their beam comes out and everything, but Cooler don't care, he just dashes right through.

I thought his beam invincibility was just going to be his 214L/M/H or his 3H (what your gif literally is), but nope Cooler's full of tricks.

Is anyone elses digital switch copy randomly crashing while in online lobby? It mostly happens when someone declines a match
Yep, Switch digital copy here and the game keeps on crashing on me whenever I try to find matches online. If not crashing, I get failed to enter room errors on ring matches and incompatible settings or whatever on ranked/casual matches.

Although, I did manage to get a ring match on a lobby I created last sunday. Haven't tried creating one again, yet. I'm going to try creating a lobby again tonight to see if it's the only way I can be able to get a match online.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Cooler <3
Good stuff. I was labbing him last night with some YT videos for company, and finally feeling like I'm making progress with him.
Great corner carry: L, L, M, M, 2M, 6H, S, H, SD...
Satisfying corner combo: L, L, M, M, SD, 2H (land, short delay) 2M, 6H, S, H, SD, L, M, j.L, L, M, 2H, S, 214H>H, Lv3

Yep, Switch digital copy here and the game keeps on crashing on me whenever I try to find matches online. If not crashing, I get failed to enter room errors on ring matches and incompatible settings or whatever on ranked/casual matches.

Although, I did manage to get a ring match on a lobby I created last sunday. Haven't tried creating one again, yet. I'm going to try creating a lobby again tonight to see if it's the only way I can be able to get a match online.

Just played some more and it crashed again during an online match. It's honestly unplayable for me right now.

The game actually crashes alot for me on PS4 too.

The only good thing is that I'm still learning and spend most of my time in training mode. I hope they fix these crashes and match making issues as I really want to get experience in actual matches.

Good stuff. I was labbing him last night with some YT videos for company, and finally feeling like I'm making progress with him.
Great corner carry: L, L, M, M, 2M, 6H, S, H, SD...
Satisfying corner combo: L, L, M, M, SD, 2H (land, short delay) 2M, 6H, S, H, SD, L, M, j.L, L, M, 2H, S, 214H>H, Lv3
If you do any of the corner combos with j.2H->land, you can also get a solo/meterless snapback instead of continuing the combo which can be handy.