Dragon Ball Super |OT5| A new ERA of Dragon Ball

a single line changed a character's characterization? yall for real? almost every dubbed interaction between goku and gohan has always been polite in the whole series, from dbz to super

I dunno what the animation staff was trying to convey with Gohan's face there, but a touch of sarcasm suits that grimace better. He's an extremely bland character throughout this entire arc, and I welcome any efforts aimed at making him less of a drag.

most of you don't even watch the dub
This is such a needlessly dismissive argument, as if people who don't watch the dub can't still watch clips to see these changes. Maybe we don't watch the dub because of this kind of shit.

I dunno what the animation staff was trying to convey with Gohan's face there, but a touch of sarcasm suits that grimace better. He's an extremely bland character throughout this entire arc, and I welcome any efforts aimed at making him less of a drag.
It's just supposed to be a serious face, but it's a rushed drawing from Toei Philippines. The script is clear, which is what came first and has the original intention, it's not Fuimation's place to change that.
Also Gohan was a pretty popular part of the arc.

I agree, Vegeta is one of the highlights of this arc. I dunno if it was Toriyama or his editor's decision to keep him around after the Saiyan arc, but whoever did made the right call. As much as I love them, I don't think Gohan, Kuririn and Bulma could've carried this story by themselves.

Reacoom is such a bastard, man. He's so frustratingly demeaning towards them. Dude straight up snaps Gohan's neck. Like with Nappa, Goku arriving to kick the shit out of Reacoom is super satisfying.

There's something about the big guys in Dragon Ball that lend themselves to a different level of brutality. Unless i'm forgetting someone, Nappa, Reacoom and Spopovitch might be the most brutal fighters in the entire series.
I’d argue old school Vegeta despite being small was very brutal too

Kagari

潜在能力解放
most of you don't even watch the dub
Why you gotta be so dismissive about it? I was actually looking forward to the post Trunks arc dub content because I wanted to hear Kyle Hebert's performance so it's disappointing to see Funimation continue to change things that don't need to be changed.

No it doesn't, that's not how Gohan speaks to his father and that's not how Goku speaks to challengers.
This.

Yes Gohan never gets annoyed with his father....flashback to 2 episodes ago. Also Goku trying to goad someone into fighting him harder doesn't seem out of character to me.
Doesn't Gohan still act respectful/polite towards him even when annoyed though? He never really has sassmouth when he gets annoyed at him, in the og stuff.

Speaking of that kind of sarcasticness - DB in general doesn't have characters act that way very often, so when we see characters like 17 who have that kind of wit, it's refreshing and makes him stand out. If everybody has some flavour of sarcasm to toss around, then it kind of takes away part of what made 17 have a unique presence in the Tournament arc.

no I'm serious, everything in the Naruto thread was worth it as it was simply build up to possibly the greatest thread and fandom meltdown in history.
We had pages upon pages of Genjutsu and heavy drinker in denial talk. With a side of Hinata's boobs

Nothing will ever come close to that "discussion"

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Doesn't Gohan still act respectful/polite towards him even when annoyed though? He never really has sassmouth when he gets annoyed at him, in the og stuff.

Speaking of that kind of sarcasticness - DB in general doesn't have characters act that way very often, so when we see characters like 17 who have that kind of wit, it's refreshing and makes him stand out. If everybody has some flavour of sarcasm to toss around, then it kind of takes away part of what made 17 have a unique presence in the Tournament arc.
Right, he's not the type to talk back like that to his father. Or hold any sort of ill will.

You can have a good localization withouth changing how characters act.

They took Gohan being serious about his responsibilities, and changed it into.. LOL Goku bad dad..
But you guys clearly don't care if characters don't act like the way they should.

But you're right.. this circular argument comes up a lot... have fun with t̶e̶a̶m̶4̶s̶t̶a̶r̶ the english dub.
Bad dad?

I didn't get that impression from what Gohan said. He was just sarcastic but it didn't feel like a joke about Goku being a poor parent, which he isn't.

Is Champa weaker than Beerus? Watching Super clips it seems like they make him out to be but I don't know if he actually is or not.

The GoDs need to fight somebody someday. It's crazy how Goku is only just approaching Beerus' level and there's over a dozen other guys about as strong as him.

Vito

formerly Undead Fantasy
Is Champa weaker than Beerus? Watching Super clips it seems like they make him out to be but I don't know if he actually is or not.

The GoDs need to fight somebody someday. It's crazy how Goku is only just approaching Beerus' level and there's over a dozen other guys about as strong as him.
Goku is already stronger than all of them.

And Champa is weaker than Beerus. The only GoD stronger than him is Quitela.

Belmod is up the air but I don't think he's stronger than Beerus.

Goku is already stronger than all of them.

And Champa is weaker than Beerus. The only GoD stronger than him is Quitela.

Belmod is up the air but I don't think he's stronger than Beerus.
This was probably all mentioned in ToP, but where does it say/imply the GoDs are weaker than Goku? (Not trying to be confrontational, I honestly forgot)

Also, what about the GoDs who didn't participate? I was kind of hoping Fuzzball and Fishman were really powerful, lol

Nah it's IMPOSSIBLE to like more than one thing
You can like the dub, but don't tell people they are wrong for taking issue with Funimation's handling of it.
The sheer dismissiveness shown for people's legitimate complaints is incredibly aggravating.

This was probably all mentioned in ToP, but where does it say/imply the GoDs are weaker than Goku? (Not trying to be confrontational, I honestly forgot)

Also, what about the GoDs who didn't participate? I was kind of hoping Fuzzball and Fishman were really powerful, lol
It's not said anywhere, people just assume that UI Goku is because Jiren is stronger than Belmod/Vermoud, but it's not explicitly said that Jiren is stronger than all or most GoDs.
As for Beerus and Quitela being the strongest that's from the manga, so whether or not that is true in the anime is up for debate.