Dragon Ball Super |OT5| A new ERA of Dragon Ball

I mean at leats with the first two there's new content.

The dubs are always the SAME FUCKING THING
They're supposed to always be the same fucking thing. The English dub is not.

Gohan talking back to his father is straight up TFS jokes in what's supposed to be a profesional dub

Feels like 4kids levels of disrespect to the source material

The last two pages have been a doozy. I like the dub for the most part and don’t mind Gohan having a little sarcasm to him. Don’t really consider sarcasm as “Gohan saying Goku is a bad dad”. At least the changes aren’t “making the donuts” levels of stupid.

Any new info about the Broly Super movie? I heard there was a new interview or something.

Whoever thinks that this will be cooler thought most likely that Kefla would be a female Hit

EDIT
I hope they will troll us... and instead Gogeta we will get a Freeza/Goku fusion.

Frieza is just going to randomly name drop he has a brother like Bulma did with Tights.
Difference is that Tights was always canon since Jaco 2013 which ties in to the whole story of Goku... While Cooler being just name dropped would change nothing.

I doubt they will make Cooler canon. But wouldn't be against it as well.

Now that it’s safe to come back in here I’ll just say that they didn’t bother to mention Cooler in ROF and Freeza specifically called out King Cold. I think that ship has passed from ever happening.

Difference is that Tights was always canon since Jaco 2013 which ties in to the whole story of Goku... While Cooler being just name dropped would change nothing.

I doubt they will make Cooler canon. But wouldn't be against it as well.
Cooler and SSJ4 are coming, dread it, run from it, Toriyama's editor arrives all the same

But one thing... Wasn't it said that Freeza as well will show that he got a higher growth?

So maybe we will a new form after all. Not saying that the figurine is Freeza because of bald

Now that it’s safe to come back in here I’ll just say that they didn’t bother to mention Cooler in ROF and Freeza specifically called out King Cold. I think that ship has passed from ever happening.
Yeah they've passed up way too many chances for Cooler to ever be a thing unless they come up with some excuse like "King Cold threw him into space jail because he was too strong and Freeza never knew about him"

I miss this show so much
Well, hopefully we have less than a year to wait now.
If y'all really want something to speculate:
This is 100% the same thing they did with Kefla, that silhouette isn't the actual figure.
was cooler ever nearly as popular as broly?
Cooler is generally the second or third movie character to make it into games after Broly and Gogeta, so I figure he's gotta be at least somewhat popular.
I doubt he's in the movie though.
Yeah they've passed up way too many chances for Cooler to ever be a thing unless they come up with some excuse like "King Cold threw him into space jail because he was too strong and Freeza never knew about him"
My half joking, half serious way to bring Cooler into canon-
He's not related to Freeza at all, he's Frost's dad.

Last edited:
Well, hopefully we have less than a year to wait now.

This is 100% the same thing they did with Kefla, that silhouette isn't the actual figure.

Cooler is generally the second or third movie character to make it into games after Broly and Gogeta, so I figure he's gotta be at least somewhat popular.
I doubt he's in the movie though.

My half joking, half serious way to bring Cooler into canon-
He's not related to Freeza at all, he's Frost's dad.
Yeah but I always figured that was Frieza family bias at work

Feel like making a list of known dates for stuff.

October 5th - NYCC panel and trailer 2 for Dragon Ball Super Broly
November 14th - Exclusive Japanese premier of Dragon Ball Super Broly for 1,000 people
November 25th through December 2nd - Jump Anime Festa in Japan, a trailer is supposed to air for Dragon Ball Super Broly, unconfirmed if it will be new
December 14th - Dragon Ball Super Broly hits Japanese theaters
December 21st through 23rd - Jump Festa in Japan, Dragon Ball Super will have it's own panel for the first time ever
January 16th - Dragon Ball Super Broly hits US theaters

I think the background character might be someone new?
looks like someone wearing an RoF style Dogi.
Maybe Gogeta??
I didn't even notice the background. Would be neat if Gogeta has a new outfit.

Last edited:
There's several ways he could exist.

-Doesn't care about running an empire for whatever reason (no interest, has a good setup elsewhere, etc.)
-Imprisoned somehow
-Actually killed a long time ago and now revived with Dragon Balls

Canon Cooler would be interesting. I kind of always wanted to know more about King Cold, too.

Y'all talkin about making Cooler canon, but honestly I want Kuriza to be made canon way more.

I think he'd be a really fun character, especially if they wrote him as not agreeing with his father. Imagine him becoming friends with Pan or something. Neko Majin Z even made a point of saying that he wasn't exactly evil, unlike his father.