Everything You Need to Know about Dreams.

Are gamers like Upsilandre on this forum btw? Upsilandre is the guy that made the calculator in LBP. This was in LBP 1 by the way, not the 2nd one. IT was hugely impressive with the tools that were given. I would love to see what he'll come up with the Dreams tool.

For anyone wondering, check this out:
Yeah, that inspired a hell of a lot of people in the LBP community. Things are going to be made in Dreams that blow people's minds. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

If we're being honest with ourselves, nothing is really going to change until the beta, and then everything will be different for everyone, Mm included. I've been saying it for ages, but still, I think the people even more excited and ready for the beta than ourselves is MediaMolecule. They're ready to be completely blown away by stuff they never imagined the tools they built could do.

I want to get started but I've only got a PS4 and don't know how to grab footage to use. This laptop (had to hit 'o' there three times) is just not capable enough to put together anything decent. I wouldn't even know where to start. Look, I'm sorry I have to be the one to complain, I really don't want to, but I just can't help it. I'm so passionate about Dreams and that ramps up my frustration. Dreams is going to be FANTASTIC!
Huh? Dude! You wanna get on that shit right now if you really wanna do it. Don’t mean to push you, but your passion could go to good use. I believe it’s a really good idea for a channel, with potentially unlimited content potential.

There’s a dude reuploading MM streams already and getting thousands of views, but I’m really not a fan of his. His editing and commentary ain’t good.

Huh? Dude! You wanna get on that shit right now if you really wanna do it. Don’t mean to push you, but your passion could go to good use. I believe it’s a really good for a channel, with potentially unlimited content potential.

There’s a dude reuploading MM streams already and getting thousands of views, but I’m really not a fan of his. His editing and commentary ain’t good.
Yeah, but I don't know how to do that. I'm a newb when it comes to Youtube and only really know how to set up a stream directly from my PS4. I've tried putting screenshots on my PS4 to use in Sharefactory but can't make it work.

Huh? Dude! You wanna get on that shit right now if you really wanna do it. Don’t mean to push you, but your passion could go to good use. I believe it’s a really good idea for a channel, with potentially unlimited content potential.

ProjectGenesis probably? Bah he's allright, and shares the love, which is important :)

Yeah, but I don't know how to do that. I'm a newb when it comes to Youtube and only really know how to set up a stream directly from my PS4. I've tried putting screenshots on my PS4 to use in Sharefactory but can't make it work.
I’m up for discussing it here if you are. I find it interesting, and it might help us discuss more productive things instead of delving into bouts of negativity.

It’s also tangentially-related to Dreams as it’s about content creation too.

I’m up for discussing it here if you are. I find it interesting, and it might help us discuss more productive things instead of delving into bouts of negativity.

It’s also tangentially-related to Dreams as it’s about content creation too.
So, can I grab Dreams pics and put them on Sharefactory? If so, how?

it might help us discuss more productive things instead of delving into bouts of negativity.
Yes, that would blow some steam, and also people tend to be less... aggressive speaking their thoughts openly than trying to snipe their mind through proper written posts.

The idea is good.

An Era Dreams channel is more a question of "when" than a question of "if".

So, can I grab Dreams pics and put them on Sharefactory? If so, how?
I’m not sure about Sharefactory. I’m also not sure if that is a tool that is good enough for producing YouTube content.

Others might feel differently, but you most likely need a PC with a capture card at the very least for YouTube. This is to make life easier for yourself and make it easier for you to produce content efficiently and consistently.

I just have a question about your video content. Do you have a vision for it? How do you fit in? Will you show your face? Just your voice? Have you thought about that?

The final wait phase is like waiting for delicious food, it smells soo yummy but isn't ready to eat.

Thread will be more fun when we have a beta date....

I’m not sure about Sharefactory. I’m also not sure if that is a tool that is good enough for producing YouTube content.

Others might feel differently, but you most likely need a PC with a capture card at the very least for YouTube. This is to make life easier for yourself and make it easier for you to produce content efficiently and consistently.

I just have a question about your video content. Do you have a vision for it? How do you fit in? Will you show your face? Just your voice? Have you thought about that?
Maybe i'm wronge but when Loudmouse was talking about his Channel in the beginning, i think he meant his Dreams.me (not sure if that will be the link, but similar to lbp.me) page.

I'm ready for the age of Youtube Dreams. It's going to be incredible. I think about the channels that exist for stuff like teaching kids, time lapse art, horror story channels, audio comics, music creation, for example.

I'm ready for the age of Youtube Dreams. It's going to be incredible. I think about the channels that exist for stuff like teaching kids, time lapse art, horror story channels, audio comics, music creation, for example.
Yeah, Dreams is going to be amazing for new Youtube/Twitch content.

The astro bot review thread lol.

An era Dreams youtube channel does sound pretty cool though. I made a new yt channel myself a few days ago thats going to be almost entirely dedicated to what i do in dreams.
I just checked that thread and couldn't find anything. What exactly did he (she?) do wrong?

I think that's a given. Just watch the cutscene/animation stream and look at all the options on the mannequin.
I've seen the options on the mannequin, and they look good, on the mannequin but literally every created character* they've shown off has a super wonky walk/run cycle.

*characters with feet

I've seen the options on the mannequin, and they look good, on the mannequin but literally every created character* they've shown off has a super wonky walk/run cycle.

*characters with feet
I know what you mean. It does appear that the smaller the character, the better the walking animations work. I still think we'll see better characters once it's released though. Watching that mannequin move around looked pretty convincing to me and I have no reason to doubt it won't be possible to translate it to a bigger character.

*characters with feet
It's possible to keyframe all animations too, so you could ignore that options menu completely and do it all by hand. Which would take a lot longer, but someone will probably do a good template and make it shareable pretty quickly I'd imagine.

It's possible to keyframe all animations too, so you could ignore that options menu completely and do it all by hand. Which would take a lot longer, but someone will probably do a good template and make it shareable pretty quickly I'd imagine.
IDK.

Im not sure how many shades of gray there are between premade assets and fully customized ones.
In other words, i'm not sure how much of a "Template" you can actually create to allow other people to modify them without getting to much in the core of it.
It feels to me like either you use something pre-made (by MM or community) or you have to dig really deep in the key framing.

Or we'll probably just share individual pieces of animations (single punch, walk cycle) which are easily consummable for bipeds.

outside of bipeds, only industrial people will deliver good shit.