2018 FORMULA ONE SEASON
WINTER TESTING SCHEDULE
February 26-March 1 (Barcelona)
March 6-9 (Barcelona)
2018 RACE CALENDAR
25 March - Grand Prix of Australia - Melbourne
8 April - Grand Prix of Bahrain - Sakhir
15 April - Grand Prix of China - Shanghai
29 April - Grand Prix of Azerbaijan - Baku
13 May - Grand Prix of Spain - Barcelona
27 May - Grand Prix of Monaco - Monaco
10 June - Grand Prix of Canada - Montreal
24 June - Grand Prix of France - Le Castellet
1 July - Grand Prix of Austria - Spielberg
8 July - Grand Prix of Great Britain - Silverstone
22 July - Grand Prix of Germany - Hockenheim
29 July - Grand Prix Budapest - Hungary
26 August - Grand Prix of Belgium - Spa-Francorchamps
2 September - Grand Prix of Italy - Monza
16 September - Grand Prix of Singapore - Singapore
30 September - Grand Prix of Russia - Sochi
7 October - Grand Prix of Japan - Suzuka
21 October - Grand Prix of the United States of America - Austin
28 October - Grand Prix of Mexico - Mexico City
11 November - Grand Prix of Brazil - Sao Paulo
25 November - Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina
2018 FORMULA 1 GRID
Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport
Chassis: F1 W09 EQ Power+
Drivers: 44. Lewis Hamilton, 77. Valtteri Bottas
Drivers: 5. Sebastian Vettel, 7. Kimi Räikönnen
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Engine: Renault (branded as TAG Heuer)
Drivers: 3. Daniel Ricciardo, 33. Max Verstappen
Sahara Force India F1 Team
Drivers: 11. Sergio Pérez, 31. Esteban Ocon
Williams Martini Racing
Drivers: 18. Lance Stroll, 35. Sergey Sirotkin
Renault Sport Formula One Team
Drivers: 27. Nico Hülkenberg, 55. Carlos Sainz Jr.
Scuderia Toro Rosso Honda
Drivers: 10. Pierre Gasly, 28. Brandon Hartley
Haas F1 Team
Drivers: 8. Romain Grosjean, 20. Kevin Magnussen
McLaren F1 Team
Drivers: 2. Stoffel Vandoorne, 14. Fernando Alonso
Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team
Drivers: 9. Marcus Ericsson, 16. Charles Leclerc
2018 RULE CHANGES
- Grid penalties will now be handed out differently. If you change one unit you will get set back 5- or 10 places like before. However, should you change a second component in the same weekend, you will be moved to the back of the grid. In case of multiple drivers getting this penalty, the order in which they changed will determine the grid order.
- Only three race engines may be used during this season, down from four. That means, 3 ICE, 3 MGU-H, 3 Turbo-chargers, as well as only 2 MGU-K, 2 Energy storage systems and 2 CE's.
- Shark fins and T-wings were disallowed for 2018.
- Oil burning practices will be subject to further restricting regulations.
- Race stewards can now issue penalties for improper race starts after Vettel oddly positioned his car in China 2017 and Bottas might have jumped the start in Austria.
- Free practice drivers must now have 25 superlicense points before they're allowed to participate.
- Pre-season testing is now seven, instead of eight days.
- The Halo safety-system will be mandatory from this season onwards.
- Drivers will be required to wear special gloves that transmit their biometric data to better assist recovery and medical crews in the event of accidents.
- Two new tire compounds will be introduced, dubbed Hypersoft and Superhard, which will have a Pink and Orange sidewall respectively. The color for the Hard compound will be changed to light blue. Pirelli will still select only three of the available compounds for teams to use during a weekend.
We have a Discord, feel free to join us by clicking the link hidden in the quote: This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.
The Official Era fantasy league is also up at the hidden link:
This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.
Era F1 logo courtesy of deim0s