FIA Formula One 2018 |OT| Halo: Racing Evolved

Been obvious for a few weeks. Mercedes was the fastest in the first races but fucked up too much, Ferrari was faster for like 8-10 races but they fucked up. Mercedes is now faster again and it's over.

Lmao at FIA not investigating Magnussen earlier but going for Vettel.
Yeah, I should have said confirmed it’s the faster car. There were still some doubts over Ferrari’s strategy fails being the problem over the car but here they won on strategy and it only lasted for half a lap.

Yep definitely looked like Vettel moved twice there.

Vettel left space at first on the right, then he noticed Hamilton going for the gap and moved slightly again to block it completely.

He should have made sure to have covered it off at the first attempt.

Yeah, I should have said confirmed it’s the faster car. There were still some doubts over Ferrari’s strategy fails being the problem over the car but here they won on strategy and it only lasted for half a lap.
Vettel threw away a lot of points but Mercedes had the faster car for most of the season if this situation remains (which I expect). Lewis was going to win it either way tbh.

“Mercedes had the fastest car for most of the season” sure is an interesting narrative.
Assuming Mercedes stays fastest for the remainder of the year it will be true. Mercedes was faster in the first races but they gave Vettel two wins with strategy. They also lost an easy 1-2 in Austria if you remember. These past few races have been Mercedes land, and it is hard to imagine Ferrari will bounce back when the championship is done. Ferrari was faster for 8-10 races (not in a row), Mercedes will likely the take the rest.

I don't know why it's so weird that teams use team orders when the championship situation is what it is. Every single team would make the call. if this was the second race of the year it would be different and indicating clear first and second drivers.

Bottas was holding up Hamilton and letting Vettel come close. If Hamilton can pull away then it makes sense from a team perspective. It’s not unlike when Ferrari asked Raikkonen not to hold up Vettel in Germany.

Will be disappointing if Lewis wins the race

Hopefully he slows down at the end and the idea was to protect him until Max pits
Doubt it, but it would be odd either way: Ferrari can barely match Mercedes speed with slipstream and DRS, even if Vettel jumps Lewis, the latter will jump back literally a lap later, no contest. There was no need for this.

Bottas was holding up Hamilton and letting Vettel come close. If Hamilton can pull away then it makes sense from a team perspective. It’s not unlike when Ferrari asked Raikkonen not to hold up Vettel in Germany.
It was more about Verstappen holding up everyone. Like we see Hamilton has not pulled away because now he is stuck behind Verstappen.