FIA Formula One 2018 |OT| Halo: Racing Evolved

If Bottas doesn't want to get treated as a 2nd Driver, he needs to not be 110pts behind in the Championship.

This isn't the start of the season, this is the end.

If Bottas doesn't want to get treated as a 2nd Driver, he needs to not be 70pts behind in the Championship.

This isn't the start of the season, this is the end.
Sure.

But don’t feed him bullshit during the race then. Tell him before it starts that the switch is going to happen. Expectations should be managed.

I imagine the discussion they have later will simply be showing standings before the race. 110 points behind means your season is done and the needs of the team come first.

One thing to note.

Nothing max did had any bearing on his race whatsoever.

Ricciardo showed that even with a broken front wing they were always going to finish 5th and 6th.

It was good for the viewers though.

It takes something away from Hamilton’s otherwise strong season with a switch like that. Hamilton would have had an excellent result if they switched back.
I think Lewis earned his status throughout the season and this takes little away from his 5th title. My issue is simply with the double standards - for the better part of this century Ferrari have been criticized for team orders, but nobody gave half the fucks when McLaren, Red Bull, Renault, Mercedes, etc. did it throughout the years. This is the reality of F1, it just becomes particularly jarring when there are no overtakes due to regulations being trash and half the on-track switches therefore happen to be orchestrated.

It's weird they don't give Valtteri the win. Wasn't it last year they let Lewis past in Hungary and he gave the place back at the end?
It's only a three point gap between second and third instead of a 7 point gap between first and second. I feel sorry for Bottas but he's nowhere in the title race and this isn't a Mercedes team battle like in the Hamilton / Rosberg days so he must have known this was going to happen at some point.

I think Lewis earned his status throughout the season and this takes little away from his 5th title. My issue is simply with the double standards - for the better part of this century Ferrari have been criticized for team orders, but nobody gave half the fucks when McLaren, Red Bull, Renault, Mercedes, etc. did it throughout the years. This is the reality of F1, it just becomes particularly jarring when there are no overtakes due to regulations being trash and half the on-track switches therefore happen to be orchestrated.
Ferraris team orders and driver treatment were far more aggressive, as were Red Bulls where everyone hated Webbers treatment.

Merc have a history of letting their drivers race year after year and only impose orders to protect their championships.

Their reputations are different because their historical behaviour is different.