Final Fantasy 7 Remake for PS5 would be preferable, right?

jett

Community Resettler
I think right now Squeenix is thinking it'd have been preferable if they had never given this project to Nomura.

FFVII on the PSVR3 in 2028 is going to change the game.

Yes OP PS5 would be my guess at this point. PS4 would surprise me. Cross gen also a possibility but if I'm going to bet I think it will skip PS4 altogether.

As somebody who was borderline too fat to wear the FFVII pre-order shirt comfortably, I'll be amazed to see anything materialize on PS4. Maybe even the entirety of PS5. Square is just a drastically different company when compared to what they were in the 90s and the scope of VII is too fucking huge, to of its time. iconic etc. I'll always enjoy their tech demos and promises but will never expect them to deliver.

I'll probably be dead by the time it comes out and will require any future kin to play through the original and remake before they can acquire any potential wealth I might get.

Your guess. Who will release first: FF7:Remake or Team Ico game or HL3? We need a serious poll to check how our expectations turn to be in a very distant future for all the nextgenerations that will come after us, who maybe lucky enough to see at least one of those games.

Isn't that their forte tho?
Switching engines and platforms during development and taking longer time? Yeah it is.

How is this in any way preferable? So we need to wait on another platform AND deal with the fact that it'll be episodic when the original game was given to us in full?

Even if you argue cross-platform, how is FFVIIR going to take advantage of the new hardware?
Yeah I don’t see any way this whole thing isn’t a colossal screw up. I’ll have to settle for FFVII on that beautiful Switch screen in the meantime.

It will depends on where Tabata will want the game to launch, since he is coming to salvage the mess again.

I am half joking lol

Sure, i don't really care when it comes or on what platform as long as its a good game in the end.

KH3 seems from the footage i've seen to be looking up to the task of making up for the time i've wasted over the last decade and a half waiting for it

It will depends on where Tabata will want the game to launch, since he is coming to salvage the mess again.

I am half joking lol
Its still not funny

They planned to have multiple games for this trying to finish all this before 2020 is extremely doubtful, that's if the game is really in full development at the moment

I think right now Squeenix is thinking it'd have been preferable if they had never given this project to Nomura.
It's amazing. Like you have KHIII and FFXV, both being projects that took an ungodly amount of time to complete, and you give him another crack at a project where you remake FFVII? Just on organization alone, it seems like Nomura is a mess at that.

Almost all big games like this will be released cross gen anyway, so it will at least come to next gen platform as a port later (if PS5 is not here yet by the time this game get released).

It's amazing. Like you have KHIII and FFXV, both being projects that took an ungodly amount of time to complete, and you give him another crack at a project where you remake FFVII? Just on organization alone, it seems like Nomura is a mess at that.
KH3 only took 5 years thats standard and FF15 was only in development for 3 to 4 years

Its probably going to be a PS5 game for all the reasons others have said.

But why is it preferable? If we want our video games to look their best - doesn't that mean we should never release them because technology is always getting better? There will always be a better look version in the future. Besides, If it comes out early in a console lifetime The game could either run poorly due to bad optimisation or fail to take full advantage of the new console because the tech is new. If you want the best looking version of a game, you may as well wait for a next-gen port in the future or go look at PC mods.

Games are launch titles to sell consoles first and foremost not because they are so demanding that they need new tech to run as designed. Nothing really needs to be a next-gen release (instead of a current-gen one) except for financial reasons - games are meant to make money after all.

I’m hoping they’re taking so long, they’ll just decide to make it one full game rather than split it up into episodes. I’m hoping that’s the reason it’s taking this long. Cause I’m sure square don’t wanna be dragged down by game all gen. That’s a lotta work I’d assume. Get it done in one game, then move onto the next project, whichever it may be.

FFVIII remake? Please.

Yeah I don't think we're seeing the first episode until 2020 if it's episodic, if it's the entire game 2022 at the earliest, no way its on PS4 except as cross-gen. We'll prob be at least a year into PS5 when it launches

Just let it die, it will be an abomination.
The best thing that could happen would be a cancellation of the game in the next few weeks months.