Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| A new Hope for a new Era

Oct 28, 2017
Think I'm gonna do the step up on the 4th awakening banner. I have 3 Queen, 1 Nyx, 2 Onion Knight, 2 Knight Delita, 2 Ace and no Trance Terra.

Whatever I get is gonna get me something, whether it's a new unit, a 7*, 50% trust moogles or STMR

OP
OP
Kouriozan
Oct 25, 2017
I was kinda bored so I used my 5* EX ticket from the 2nd anniversary (iirc)

SBDF dupe, I guess I got a 7* Tornado + Flood chainer, I also have one 6* Lulu so it could help in some rare cases.

BTW now we really need the additionnal Chamber of Experience stage. (it gives 200k exp for 30 NRG)

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
PlanetSmasher
Congrats on the Hyoh! That was a goddamn trial for you, but I’m glad you came out the other side okay.

Kouriozan
I actually really want a dupe SBDF. I brought along a friend unit once during a run and she has an ability that hits with nearly every single element in one go. That pretty much makes her the ultimate mission reward unit. So nothing I would UoC for, but I’d be happy to get a dupe at some point.

OP
OP
Kouriozan
Oct 25, 2017
PlanetSmasher
Congrats on the Hyoh! That was a goddamn trial for you, but I’m glad you came out the other side okay.

Kouriozan
I actually really want a dupe SBDF. I brought along a friend unit once during a run and she has an ability that hits with nearly every single element in one go. That pretty much makes her the ultimate mission reward unit. So nothing I would UoC for, but I’d be happy to get a dupe at some point.
That's actually her STMR whip giving that skill https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Rainbow_Whip

Oct 25, 2017
Roughly 4 weeks to go to her 7*. Collecting every piece of Lapis (now at 8665 Lapis) I can get and hoping to land one Grim Loli.
Not going to lie, I'm somewhat worried about what they'll do with the banner. Are they really going to give us 3 banners (one for each year) or will they just combine the previous two? Hopefully it'll be something like what they've done with the awakening banners, 4 days on one, 4 on another, so Lolita can stay by herself. Keeping thinking to get the fountain of lapis just for this banner but trying to hold out.

It also wouldn't surprise me if it's the new 5* that comes with some TDHM gear to make people try to pull on that banner too. I think Sakura's STMR will be her dress, either with some TDHM or just regular mag for using a spear or something.

At least I've got Reaver with mag +29% now.

Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I got the Fountain due to how good of a value it is and might just hoard it up for another toon rather than try to pull for Hyou at this point. At the point, I rather have a dupe TT so I can get myself a 7*. Already have pots and cactuses ready for when that does happen.

I kind of like the event and how it works. There's a lot of options and yes it's impossible to get everything but I dig it.

Oct 27, 2017
People are probably sick of me saying it but I'm going to keep saying it. Grim Lord Sakura.
Sounds good but as a f2p shooting for two new 5* seems like a bad idea for me after what happened with Hyou....im probably better off going for units where i already have one 5* unit like Trance Terra.

Then again it also depends on the banner, i got Halloween Nichol back then and dont know if there will be something to pull for me this year.
I got the Fountain due to how good of a value it is and might just hoard it up for another toon rather than try to pull for Hyou at this point. At the point, I rather have a dupe TT so I can get myself a 7*. Already have pots and cactuses ready for when that does happen.

I kind of like the event and how it works. There's a lot of options and yes it's impossible to get everything but I dig it.
I was thinking about buying the bundle yesterday...and probably would have gone along if the game had given my one Hyou copy.
But not like this ....also still forced to use facebook, difficult to support them like this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
got Hyoh last night.

now the question is, if i don't have 7* ready tank, who should I aim for :
Sieghart or Hyouh?

My 5* tank is Wilhelm, Gladios and Chow.
Who are your other damage dealers? If you have Tidus at 7* you won’t need Hyou for a little bit and you’ll always need a 7* tank.

Oct 25, 2017
got Hyoh last night.

now the question is, if i don't have 7* ready tank, who should I aim for :
Sieghart or Hyouh?

My 5* tank is Wilhelm, Gladios and Chow.
I would say if there are other physical dps that you're interested in the somewhat near future (Jecht for instance) then save for Sieghart. If you're like me who will pretty much exclusively be using Hyou for physical duties then might as well push for him because then you're set for 10 months at least.

Ultimately unless you're going for one shots DPS is the least valuable position in a balanced team comp. Building your core is more important.

Oct 27, 2017
It's finally. Goddamn. Over.
Grats on the bittersweet victory. At least, you finally aren't empty-handed for the banner.

I won't even go in on Hyoh at this point. Not with a thousand-meter pole. Nope. Luck has turned ice-cold for me over this month's tickets and pulls.

On the other hand, while trying for the upteenth time to actually get some good rolls on my Elf's Bows, I rolled MAG +25% + Auto-Refresh. Well... ok, then.

Then just now, I had a run with zero mag rolls at all across all ten floors. Game trolled me with ATK +10% and ATK +15%. There would be exactly one roll that would save this run. Finished floor 10, looked away from the phone while the animation was playing, and then something caught my eye. One of the purple orbs came down from the sky sparkly and golden. Thought, what the heck is that? And then, the light bulb came on in my head. No....

YES. This game, sometimes. I can't even.

Dec 1, 2017
Who are your other damage dealers? If you have Tidus at 7* you won’t need Hyou for a little bit and you’ll always need a 7* tank.
I would say if there are other physical dps that you're interested in the somewhat near future (Jecht for instance) then save for Sieghart. If you're like me who will pretty much exclusively be using Hyou for physical duties then might as well push for him because then you're set for 10 months at least.
I also has Queen, Tidus and Lila for tdh user.

I would probably need tank more, but seeing people destroy trial with Hyoh easily makes me think that Tank is not even needed in the first place.

And between physical and magical cover tank, which 1 is more important anyway?

Oct 25, 2017
I also has Queen, Tidus and Lila for tdh user.

I would probably need tank more, but seeing people destroy trial with Hyoh easily makes me think that Tank is not even needed in the first place.

And between physical and magical cover tank, which 1 is more important anyway?
I would say a physical tank has more uses than a magic tank, but I think the value of a magic tank in the situations one is needed is more than the value of a physical tank in the ones that they are needed (I hope that makes sense lol).

Can't Seighart do both though? Albeit he has 1 turn out of 3 where he can't cover magic cause it's a CD skill.

Oct 28, 2017
How long until bosses start hitting through evade, cause until then I'd say a good magic tank is worth far more at the moment. I haven't had to use a decked out defense Big Willy in a long time thanks to evade.

Oct 27, 2017
Because of felt peer pressure from Rixa i used Moogles on Lunera...so i can work at least on one Bow of her for the upcoming 7* release.

Well...that and also the lack of weapons to work on for the current IW....
Oh! I got my first Trance Terra from the 10+1 summon. Now I'm definitely doing the step up on awakening batch 4
I already had on TT...and honestly i wish i had put my resources into getting a second instead of chasing Hyou.
Next time ill def. go for the safer approach and not go chasing the hot new base 5*

Congrats on TT !!!
Gratz! 1 more SDF for some awesome Whipping!

4th weeks 4 rainbows!
Awesome whipping...lol...thats a way to put it. Thanks man.

Congrats on Lulu !! Is this your first dupe of her ? I have one copy of her but not got around to actually use her.
Maybe if i ever pull a dupe and she gets a kickass 7* version *believe*

Oct 28, 2017
Because of felt peer pressure from Rixa
Congrats on Lulu !! Is this your first dupe of her ? I have one copy of her but not got around to actually use her.
Maybe if i ever pull a dupe and she gets a kickass 7* version *believe*
My 3rd. STMR is 60% mag which is pretty average for an STMR.
But Lulu 7* is terrible.
Hope we get some GL buff.

Oct 25, 2017
0 rainbows from all the free 10+1's. Bit salty we didnt get the lapis, at least that could have been put towards step ups but hey...the community is dumb.

Sep 23, 2018
Hello all! So I just started actually playing this game after having an account for something like a year and a half and just logging on for the daily free stuff, I do this on so many gacha games it's stupid. My co workers finally got me to actually start though. I already sent some friend requests to some people that posted their IDs in here but mine is 404847859. I am not very powerful yet but I did go ahead and use all of my 10+1 tickets I had saved and did one of those Hyoh Step Ups and my what are considered good? units are the following:

Onion Knight
Medeina sp?
Loren
Blossom Sage Sakura
2 of Lunera
Lara Croft
Hyoh
Awakened Rain
Kunishara
Nyx
Mercenary Ramza
and Trance Terra

I still have plenty of tickets and lapis left and was thinking of doing this Step Up that showed up today but not sure if that is worth it or not? Anyway any help on team composition or anything is welcome! Oh I also enough moogles that I can get a few of the Trust Mastery items, should I use those or no?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hello all! So I just started actually playing this game after having an account for something like a year and a half and just logging on for the daily free stuff, I do this on so many gacha games it's stupid. My co workers finally got me to actually start though. I already sent some friend requests to some people that posted their IDs in here but mine is 404847859. I am not very powerful yet but I did go ahead and use all of my 10+1 tickets I had saved and did one of those Hyoh Step Ups and my what are considered good? units are the following:

Onion Knight
Medeina sp?
Loren
Blossom Sage Sakura
2 of Lunera
Lara Croft
Hyoh
Awakened Rain
Kunishara
Nyx
Mercenary Ramza
and Trance Terra

I still have plenty of tickets and lapis left and was thinking of doing this Step Up that showed up today but not sure if that is worth it or not? Anyway any help on team composition or anything is welcome! Oh I also enough moogles that I can get a few of the Trust Mastery items, should I use those or no?
You have a really solid account for a new player. I would say you should probably save your lapis and not worry about the new step-up, since you already have really good units and you're so new that 7* characters really shouldn't be your focus right now.

The best units you have right now are Hyoh (absurd physical DPS power), Awakened Rain (magic tanking), Trance Terra (magic chains), and Mercenary Ramza (provoke tanking).

In terms of trust masteries, I would say save your moogles for now, though Hyoh will carry you through almost the entire story by himself if you give him a greatsword and his TMR armor.

OP
OP
Kouriozan
Oct 25, 2017
I have high expectation of all the S2 units enhancements coming in JP in 3 days (but no Hyoh)

Lasswell getting the next step of powercreep for Dual Wield units, will be very interesting to watch.
  • "They intend on making Dual-Wield more viable considering the Doublehand era has been going on for awhile. They mentioned to look forward to some of the enhancements like Lasswell's that are coming up, I guess? I need to check the stream again."
Also Gumi I beg you to give QoL update early, we even got the HP% on ennemy bars earlier than JP

De/buff turn counter is a MAJOR QoL

Oct 26, 2017
Godang it when did they add the bonus cryst stages to the Hyoh story. I hate that they just sneak em in there now I only got a few days to finish and farm them

Sep 23, 2018
You have a really solid account for a new player. I would say you should probably save your lapis and not worry about the new step-up, since you already have really good units and you're so new that 7* characters really shouldn't be your focus right now.

The best units you have right now are Hyoh (absurd physical DPS power), Awakened Rain (magic tanking), Trance Terra (magic chains), and Mercenary Ramza (provoke tanking).

In terms of trust masteries, I would say save your moogles for now, though Hyoh will carry you through almost the entire story by himself if you give him a greatsword and his TMR armor.
Thank you for the advice!

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got something good from the last 10+1, got Wilhelm #2. I was pretty close to UoC one of him, but now I've got both 7* Willy and 7* A. Rain, so I'm fully covered on the tanking front.

So now my potential UoC units are Loren and either CG Fina or Ayaka.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017
Got my first Cloud from the 10+1. Daily and Summer Ticket were both nothing useful.

Trying to figure out what to do with the current 7* banner, because I really want an Ayaka.

Oct 28, 2017
Really excited to see the enhancements for the season 2 units. Would love for CG Fina to get dual cast for her non-white magic abilities like Prime Heal and Manatopia. (And give her some HP barriers too)

Sep 23, 2018
Is there no way to get materials to evolve units to 6 stars outside of certain events? That is the one thing I don't have a lot of at the moment.

Also I noticed the first page has a Discord, should I join that, is that more lively than here?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to get materials to evolve units to 6 stars outside of certain events? That is the one thing I don't have a lot of at the moment.

Also I noticed the first page has a Discord, should I join that, is that more lively than here?
Discord is really active yes, up to you if you want to join. As for 6 star awakenings events are the best for it. Should have a king mog event soon where you can buy them with currency. Also check rookie quests if you haven't done so pretty sure there's some there too.

Oct 28, 2017
Super late in getting this on here but my weekend was crazy

any tips with these units to build a solid team?
It's early days yet, but Shatal could be your tank, he's got a 100% provoke that comes 30 mitigation.

Beach Time Fina will have your healing more than covered for now.

Noctis will carry you through most content for now. You can gear him for damage, he's got breaks, can tank early content, can regen your MP and HP over time.

The dark mage girl will serve as a magic damage dealer and Ashe can also heal and deal magic damage.

Not to sure about the rest but you've deffo got a 5 man team there to cover roles.

Oct 26, 2017

The rookie quests actually give you enough mats to upgrade from 5 to 6* for at least one character!

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately they are limited to events yes. The mog king events are the best source of them but these days we usually get at least a few every event. They will limit your choices at first but eventually you'll spend less than you accumulate naturally. The discord is quite active and you're welcome to join!

Super late in getting this on here but my weekend was crazy

any tips with these units to build a solid team?
That group's a little ragtag but you have most of the major roles represented there. Ashe and Noctis can be your damage dealers for now, with Shatal as your tank and Beach Time Fina as a healer. Bran and Nine are also decent 4* damage dealers. If you need a support unit from that list it's probably Vayne or just Noctis himself since he can sorta fill all roles. Your biggest gap from the looks of it is some reliable chaining, which is the first step to doing big damage. Tidus just got his 7* form and he chains with Camille so if you have a lot of Tidus friends you could level her. The big target is some unit with Divine Ruination frames though, since that's what a lot of the top units use including Hyou. Don't underestimate the value of being able to tap into all those Hyou friends you undoubtedly have. There's quite a lot of units with compatible moves now, though the only non-5* unit is Agrias. The 5* units to look out for are Hyou himself, Orlandu, Veritas of the Dark, Fryevia, and Sephiroth. Definitely grab the 10+1 summon this week and the summer tickets if you can. At this point it'll pay off big if you can just do lots of pulls and get the solid 4* units that are out there with hopefully a few nice 5* units on the side. Try to save lapis for the 11k step-ups that will be coming every month with the story events.