Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| A new Hope for a new Era

Been there since maintenance. It's always been like this.
My problem is I always wait until the last minute to finish these story modes so I normally only have a few days to farm them anyways. This was the first story event I went out of my way to finish early anticipating lots of time to farm crysts but had no clue they were time gated lol. Oh well, I'll know better next time!

Unfortunately they are limited to events yes. The mog king events are the best source of them but these days we usually get at least a few every event. They will limit your choices at first but eventually you'll spend less than you accumulate naturally. The discord is quite active and you're welcome to join!

That group's a little ragtag but you have most of the major roles represented there. Ashe and Noctis can be your damage dealers for now, with Shatal as your tank and Beach Time Fina as a healer. Bran and Nine are also decent 4* damage dealers. If you need a support unit from that list it's probably Vayne or just Noctis himself since he can sorta fill all roles. Your biggest gap from the looks of it is some reliable chaining, which is the first step to doing big damage. Tidus just got his 7* form and he chains with Camille so if you have a lot of Tidus friends you could level her. The big target is some unit with Divine Ruination frames though, since that's what a lot of the top units use including Hyou. Don't underestimate the value of being able to tap into all those Hyou friends you undoubtedly have. There's quite a lot of units with compatible moves now, though the only non-5* unit is Agrias. The 5* units to look out for are Hyou himself, Orlandu, Veritas of the Dark, Fryevia, and Sephiroth. Definitely grab the 10+1 summon this week and the summer tickets if you can. At this point it'll pay off big if you can just do lots of pulls and get the solid 4* units that are out there with hopefully a few nice 5* units on the side. Try to save lapis for the 11k step-ups that will be coming every month with the story events.
ok thanks for the tips, how exactly would i know what units chain well with others? noctis kinda just kills everyone rn since im still in the early story

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Got a Kunshira from 10+1 today. Kinda cool, but kinda useless.

Just one Ayaka or LM Fina...that's all I ask, game!

(Alternately, seven star Rem may help. Release her!)

I always hated Arena....post Awakened Rain i hate it even more.
These Ayaka + Awakened Rain Combos are just the worst.

Maybe i need to update my Arena team again...its been 4x + Ayaka for over a year lol.

3* Fenrir this week, and he’s worth it with his summon ability

”AoE 3 Turns +120% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR & AoE 3 Turn Physical Dodge (1 Hit)”

Otherwise, story update + next 10 man trial + FF XV Mog King event (probably)

3* Fenrir this week, and he’s worth it with his summon ability

”AoE 3 Turns +120% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR & AoE 3 Turn Physical Dodge (1 Hit)”

Otherwise, story update + next 10 man trial + FF XV Mog King event (probably)
WTF...thats a good buff - many these 3* Espers are getting crazy, i really need to look their skills up and start spending some points.

You need to play Mario Odyssey

/s
Haha good point :P
They should have made the crown able to be equipped on the head as a hat, or in the hand as a Throwing Weapon :P

We are getting an event called "Darkness Awakens" on the 28th, no clue what it is. Reddit seems to think its the fan designed unit event

We are also getting a free 10+1 summon on the 28th as well, which includes Fan Fest units

Last edited:
For fun I try to finish Fenrir on first turn (and do another run with all missions).

• Nyx - Entrusted Future (fill 28 LB to all party members)

• HT Lid - LB (28 crysts) 70% break

• Ace - Tri-Beam for 75% Imperil (Ace is 6*)

• 2x Lunera - Aureole Ray for chaining (and damage)

• Dragonlord (7*) friend - Kafrizzle for capping Lunera chain

Lol they adding a lapis roulette wheel behind an opt-in ad watch. I'm surprised it took them this long. Every other mobile game has been on this for years.

After playing it for like a month I've come to the conclusion that I don't like that Star Ocean game (still playing it a little bit, but I see my exit looming) but one of the things that I absolutely love that it does is when you don't have an appropriate ticket for a special/event banner THE BANNER GOES AWAY. The banner page in this game has become an absolute disaster with all the old events. We have to wait until the end of the year for the 2nd anniversary banners to go away... INTRODUCING the 10+1 summon... Did I use my free 10+1 ticket yet this week? (*proceeds to recheck every single day*). It's all very irritating

Last edited:
I just used my moogles to get my second Swift Hunter TM from my Nalu's, now I have 300% TDH on both my Squall and my Hyoh.

I can't hold all this TDH!

I currently have:
2 Swift Hunter
2 Marshall Glove
Tomb Raider
Buster Style

And then I have 3 more Cloud's too. I'm definitely well settled into the TDH meta

Man that bonus stage is some real intense stuff. I got all the missions done but I very nearly wiped at the end. Intangir was at 15% when he petrified both Hyohs. I hadn’t bothered with status protection since I was using the Xon hiding cheese so I expected the Hyohs to die every time. But you can’t die when you’re petrified and I didn’t have any items to cure it. I thought I was screwed but it turns out Eiko knows Stona so she really saved my bacon.

Didn’t have much for IW this time but at least I got a good roll on Aigaion with 25% ATK and 25% HP.

Dont worry I got Edge & Equip L Swords moogle.

Feels good.
True...but at least with Blue/Gold you always know there wont be anything more usefull than Moogles.
With Rainbows...for a small second you have the hope of joining the latest meta or unlocking a powerful 7* units.

Why couldnt this be Trance Terra instead ? Freaking Lulu :-/

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
If I still don't have a 5 star healer, should I burn my remaining lapis on the step up? It only seems like about a 25 to 30 percent chance I'll pull Ayaka for around 14k lapis...nor great...and while a seven star Tidus would be nice, I have seven star Hyoh, so there isn't much utility there.

Alternately I could UoC either Ayaka or LM Fina, or I could wait for...CG Folka? That could be many months.

(I also have seven star Rem waiting in the wings.)

Ugh. Not having a five star healer is really holding me back, I feel.

Randomly decided to pull the daily 250 last night before bed (I haven't in many months, I've been enjoying hoarding lapis too much) and it dropped as a rainbow. Was 3rd Onion Knight which isn't super exciting but whatever.

Really hoping Loren enhancements is a signal that she's getting her 7* soon. I was gonna spend the rest of this story event farming up power crysts but looking at her enhancements I'm switching to tech.

If I still don't have a 5 star healer, should I burn my remaining lapis on the step up? It only seems like about a 25 to 30 percent chance I'll pull Ayaka for around 14k lapis...nor great...and while a seven star Tidus would be nice, I have seven star Hyoh, so there isn't much utility there.

Alternately I could UoC either Ayaka or LM Fina, or I could wait for...CG Folka? That could be many months.

(I also have seven star Rem waiting in the wings.)

Ugh. Not having a five star healer is really holding me back, I feel.
I would wait for a more specialized banner, or UoCs honestly. I see many many people do lots of high end runs in this game without a healer at all. I'd say having the best set of tanks possible is probably the most important thing in this game and I'm starting to really hate the fact that I've never gotten a Noctis so I can't make a proper evade/provoke tank yet.

Ive been hyper busy so I'm only recently hearing about the recent batch of 7* and every fiber of my being is pissed at me for not saving my UoC

I dont care how mediocre his stats seemed I want that Nyx goddammit

Also this game is revelling in giving me the exact 5* i dont want, I got 7* Rinoa and ugggghhhh her sprite is so bad. its just.... so ugly. Her design does not translate to sprites well at aaaaaaaaall.

Also, is the gamepedia site broken for anyone else? Everytime I've tried to use it the past two weeks, it'll start loading normally then just shit itself and show a giant white page with all the html(i think) coding broke and is completely unusable

edit: nvm, apparently adblock tears its ass apart there lol

Ignacio enhancements sounds sweet

CG Ignacio
クリティカルスタンプ
Critical Hit 500% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack

1. MP Cost -12
  2. Unlock T-cast for 1 turn
クラッシュスタンプ
250% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -75% Fire Resist

1. Duration +2 turns
  2. Imperil +25%
武器鍛錬・炎撃
AoE 5 Turn +120% ATK/MAG & (50% Chance) AoE 5 Turn Add Fire to Attacks

1. ATK/MAG buff +30%
  2. ATK/MAG buff +30%
防具鍛錬・炎護
AoE 5 Turn +120% DEF/SPR & AoE 5 Turn +100% Fire Resist

1. DEF/SPR buff +30%
  2. DEF/SPR buff +30%
斧の極意
+50% ATK when equipped with Axe

1. ATK +25%
  2. ATK +25%
5 turns 180% buffs (dual castable), 5 turns 100% fire imperil, unlockable triple cast, what's more to ask for?!
If you want to read the rest of the S2 enhancements : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...p_update_story_update_3rd_anni_short_stories/

Of course. We know very well how gacha games work. Power creep doing its work.

See you in 10 months time.
I was always going to pull for him anyway for his fire imbue, I'm glad to see he can still be a strong finisher and nice support.
I'm almost done farming Fire Veritas's TM for him.

Last edited:
They are getting higher chain damage cap, you know the 300% one.
We’ll soon see if it’s enough to compete with TDH.
That's pretty interesting; I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Looks like it's attached to one of his enhancements/abilities; it was too much to hope that it would to affect the damage calc for all dual wielders.

The CG Fina enhancements are so disappointing. No stop resistance and no HP barrier :(
All of her enhancements are very basic and lame. I get that's she's an already good healer but she is gonna get left behind now quite quickly, if she hasn't already

That's pretty interesting; I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Looks like it's attached to one of his enhancements/abilities; it was too much to hope that it would to affect the damage calc for all dual wielders.
Yep just like with timed jump, it’s only new units/enhancements that’s getting it.
The CG Fina enhancements are so disappointing. No stop resistance and no HP barrier :(
All of her enhancements are very basic and lame. I get that's she's an already good healer but she is gonna get left behind now quite quickly, if she hasn't already
Indeed, I’m more inclined to pull for Folka since I only have 1 Fina, she’s even getting a HP/MP regen and HP barrier with her debuff/ailment resist skills.

Last edited:
I would have said there's no chance Loren is in the next 7* batch but they put out ARain 7* waaaaay early and he's nearly as broken so who knows. It could happen.

I would have said there's no chance Loren is in the next 7* batch but they put out ARain 7* waaaaay early and he's nearly as broken so who knows. It could happen.
Someone noticed a pattern of units getting enhancements then awakening the very next wave (Ayaka/OK/Nyx) and both Ayaka/Nyx were early so I’ll hold onto my Hope.

One one hand i want Lore 7* next because she is awesome....but im still missing a dupe and i have a feeling that im going to use the UoC for her to get her 7* asap. Hope i pull her before i have to use the UoC. One Loren and one Lunera and im good for the next couple months.

Is that a 7* enabling dupe or the third out of 4 needed for an STMR?
It was my first dupe...so the one enabling 7*.
I think her JP version is supposed to be lackluster...if they buff her in Global this could turn out to be a good pull after all, but for now its kinda useless.
Heads up!

Item World ends when maintenance starts ~12h from this post.
Good to know, so thats probably my last attempt now running Dragon Whiskers.

Its funny how Item World is always the thing that pushes me to farm/clear content. I have gotten myself Dragon Whiskers, Mace of Zeus and Killer Bow+ in the last 3-4 days just because i needed something to run during Item World lol.

Today i finally got Seal of Power and Magic on my Elfs Bow...couples with 10%Mag and 7%HP...could be better...but also could be much worse.

From the looks of it, the 7* healers are now clearly defined by what you want from a healer.

Barriers and the "reset button"? Go Ayaka.
AoE Reraise or DPS needs? CG Fina has you covered.
Ailment and Break resists? Hi there, Folka.

---------------

Some of these awakenings are pretty safe and boring, others could raise an eyebrow.

Lasswell gets the new cap breaking toys while Raegan does not (maybe with his LB??)

Citra is making me go hrmm..... Alim is attempting to fix the critical flaws with summoners? T-Evoke is nice, and her skillset is being changed to accommodate that. But, she is being allowed to T-Cast her esper gauge filling ability, essentially all-but-guaranteeing that the bar is full for a T-Evoke or an esper summon (hello soon to be released Bahamut 2*) every other turn. Not too shabby. Still a bit of room for improvement possible, but now she'll nuke Kydia from orbit. It's not even remotely close, unless Kydia on GL is redeemed with a very late awakening that grants her some kind of GLEX 7* enhancement. For me, Citra's story event banner is going to be a must-pull. That's just too much potential potency there.

Most of the Veritas look quite nice so I'll probably do the 11k for all of them. Maybe skip Sieg since I have Wilhelm and A.Rain 7*.

Anyone trying their luck on tomorrow's stepup? Kind of tempting since I have 1 TT, Nyx, Queen, Ace, 2 OK, 3 K Delita (obviously TT or Nyx would be the best pulls)

These new units look dangerous. Looking forward to the datamine. Love the design of Malphasie.
I raised this point in Discord yesterday right before the stream. I understand the reason behind it, and thematically it is cool to have all the CG units have their enhancements at the same time, but is there really a point to give enhancements to a unit that doesn't need enhancements. Ironically Fina was the example I used as she's still top 3 in the game and as expected she got shafted because there's not really a lot that needs to be done to her right now.

It's evident from the quality of the enhancements which units needed them and which units didn't (apart Seig who is top tier and got strong enhancements), and in the long run it's going to hurt those units who are at the top right now.

Last edited:
Most of the Veritas look quite nice so I'll probably do the 11k for all of them. Maybe skip Sieg since I have Wilhelm and A.Rain 7*.

Anyone trying their luck on tomorrow's stepup? Kind of tempting since I have 1 TT, Nyx, Queen, Ace, 2 OK, 3 K Delita (obviously TT or Nyx would be the best pulls)
I was going to, until I found I had a 5* ex ticket and got my 4th TT. So no point in my pulling on that banner now since I don't have a single unit from it aside from TT

Some info about new stuff we get. New premium units (Fan Festa contest units btw) and new raid.

* New max 7* units in 25k step-up double banner
* Raid has UoC ticket (1/10) as points reward
* Raid summon has 4* tickets & All % moogles
* One free 10+1 banner summon starting Friday

Iam ok with this :)

Gumi have really upped the communication. Really hope they can keep this up. It feels good to know what's happening.

If I get Mal off my free 10+1 I'll pursue a second I think. That sprite is great imo.