Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| A new Hope for a new Era

Now that I have 2 Basch I don't need to pull for Sieghard anymore, so I might just use my UoC tickets on getting a second Malphasie, as all the gaps in my team are filled in now.

The only thing I'm really lacking is a specialized 7* magic tank, so I will pull hard for a second Chow and then I should be sorted

I ended up spending 20 Tickets (10 4* and 10 Rares) which netted me Aloha Lassworm and Malphasie, so all-in-all it's a good day for me when it comes to pulls. RNGeezus has really blessed me this past month.

So whats the consensus of malph...worth pulling for? To me its just another chainer, does she have any utility?
The main thing is that she can chain with 3 different families so can be used in a variety of situations and team compositions.

She also has a cooldown move available turn 1 that lowers all the enemies DEF and SPR by 74% (Which I believe is the max) while also filling the entire parties limit break gauge by 10.

Her limit break also gives 140% Attack and Magic to the party which is unaffected by her limit break level so requires no pots to be useful.

She also has innate 20% physical and magical evade

getting some weird ads from the wheel today (EPI, apparently all bowel problems should be checked from the EPISYMPTOMCHECKER.com)...

As far as Malph? Yeah I want one, if for nothing else than dual hybrid chains with Fry.

I'm not sure if it's working as intended or a bug but yeah the ad system sucks. They might honestly intentionally not be letting you just burn thru all 5 of your daily ads in one sitting so you have to check back in later, but idk, it seems like a possible bug. Yesterday I got to watch 4 then had to wait an hour or two to see the last one. Today I got to watch 2 and now I'm on timeout again. Not sure what's up with it

Did dome bad things today...

Pulled some tickets today and got Gladio, and was pissed. Pulled some more later in the day and got a second rainbow and pulled my 3rd TT. Pulled both 10+1s and got nothing.

Went into a beserker mode, and very unlike me, pulled a full lap on the step-up.

1st - Junk.
2nd - Junk.
3rd - Junk, guarantee -> ARain (1st).
4th - Melphasie (1st).
5th - Junk, guarantee -> Mephasie (2nd).

I got very lucky on a very, VERY bad mental decision. I could have very much ended up like PlanetSmasher chasing Hyoh.

Pulled the first day's raid coins for some feeder cactaurs....

W. T. F.

Welp, my luck is gone for the next lifetime or two.

i know raid boss has comparatively high DEF instead of SPR.

But it is a bummer that 2000+ ATK Queen or Hyoh can't solo OTK it while standard 1500+ MAG unit like Rinoa or TT can easily decimate it.

hype decreased.

Went in to Brachium mostly blind. I got lucky on the 2nd phase when he transformed cause I switched out Dragonlord while my other attackers got wrecked by what I assume was a magic attack cause Basch didn't evade tank it like he did everything else.

Good ol Dragonlord came through in the end blasted him to hell

I personally love how TT demolishes the raid by herself. For anyone who's got her up don't forget to use Diabolos 3* if you have it or Ramuh 3*. I'm finding some TTs are getting a bit too close to not killing.
Did dome bad things today...

Pulled some tickets today and got Gladio, and was pissed. Pulled some more later in the day and got a second rainbow and pulled my 3rd TT. Pulled both 10+1s and got nothing.

Went into a beserker mode, and very unlike me, pulled a full lap on the step-up.

1st - Junk.
2nd - Junk.
3rd - Junk, guarantee -> ARain (1st).
4th - Melphasie (1st).
5th - Junk, guarantee -> Mephasie (2nd).

I got very lucky on a very, VERY bad mental decision. I could have very much ended up like PlanetSmasher chasing Hyoh.

Pulled the first day's raid coins for some feeder cactaurs....

W. T. F.

Welp, my luck is gone for the next lifetime or two.
I know it was a bad decision, but because it worked out we can happily say congrats lol. Happy it worked out for you. Also envious because that sprite is excellent haha.

Well that was very nice bad decision. Glad that it worked for you \o_ grats.

Meanwhile Iam just sinking tickets: 4* Tix to Aloha banner for moogles and 3* Tix to new Circe banner. Haven't seen banner rainbow, but cant really be in a bad mood.
10+1 Freebie yesterday: Lulu (2nd), random 3* tix Prompto (2nd -> insta moogled cause had his 100% tm moogle laying). Today more 3* tix PG Lasswell (4th) \o_. 3 Decent to nice rainbows in 24 time, yup happy to get 2nd dupes and one 4th dupe.

I know that 4* tix wont work for me, only netted 5 Rainbows from them during umm 1½ years those tix have been around. So hunting for moogles with those 4* tix.

Btw. Double Lunera murders raid boss :D

I ended up getting one of each of Malphasie and Circe between both 10+1 Pulls. I don't see them on tier list yet. Are they any good outside of their seemingly insane trust rewards?

I kind of wish I got 2 of the same one for 7* purposes, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:
I ended up getting one of each of the Halloween units between both 10+1 Pulls. I don't see them on tier list yet. Are they any good outside of their seemingly insane trust rewards?

I kind of wish I got 2 of the same one for 7* purposes, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
?

Daily was a free 50% moogle... aka Knight D3

My luck has been insane since the Deus Ex Banner. Typically I get the streak every 3-4 months, but it keeps coming.
Deus Ex produced 2x Jensen, 1x Victor, 1x Seph, 1x Squall
Nothing for the free dailies or first two free 10+1, but the last 2 got me OKC, KDelita, and Nalu
The 11k set gave me two Hyous
Tickets and a few dailies got me EStark, ARain, CG Sakura(2x), Circe, Basch.

And I only started the Deus Banner with enough to do one 5k pull and 10 tickets.

Winter is going to be a long one I feel once it stops.

Last edited:
Mog King currency events for the most part. We're due for one next week, FFXV I believe. If you do the current raid you can get a few via the milestone rewards. Also a number of 6* awakening materials are available from newbie missions in your quest log . Should simply ask you to do certain exploration stages from the 1st and 2nd islands in the story

i know raid boss has comparatively high DEF instead of SPR.

But it is a bummer that 2000+ ATK Queen or Hyoh can't solo OTK it while standard 1500+ MAG unit like Rinoa or TT can easily decimate it.

hype decreased.
Yeah, it's a bit cruel that right after everyone pulled for Hyoh, Gumi introduces a GLEX boss just happens to be oddly resistant to Hyoh's attacks....

Fighting that boss legitimately is surprisingly difficult. It's almost trial levels of nastiness if a player can't one-shot it on ELT. Found that out the hard way stalling for the esper achievement.

I ended up getting one of each of Malphasie and Circe between both 10+1 Pulls. I don't see them on tier list yet. Are they any good outside of their seemingly insane trust rewards?
Malphasie is very solid, but requires extremely specific gear because she is a hybrid. at 6*, she functions as a Tornado and Divine Retribution chainer, which allows players to add physical damage to a magic Tornado chain. Quite solid, as there are tons of Tornado and DR chainers now. If you need more than one Tornado chain to kill a boss, then her chaining ability self-upgrades after the first use for even more damage. Oh... and on incoming damage, she has a 30% chance per physical or magical hit to counter with an AoE 60% ATK/MAG break. And, her LB is very solid too, offering damage and a 120% ATK/MAG team buff and unlocking a follow-up high-damage Tornado chaining move for the following turn.

But, like all units in the 7* era, the true craziness is locked away behind her 7* form. In that form, she gains access to another chaining family, and gains access to chaining with Lunera's silly 30 hit ability. Also, on cooldown, she has access to a solid finishing move as well as a 74% AoE DEF/SPR break with player team 10 LB fill.

Most of Reddit is saying that she is UoC-worthy, given her extreme chaining flexibility and support options. A hybrid Sephiroth, in other words. However, good reasons to hold back on doing that would be to A) to see what Fryevia's 7* looks like, and B) to see how crazy powerful the remaining 3 Fan Festa units will be. That said, most seem to be of the opinion that she is going to have a long shelf life in the 7* era.

Circe is a rainbow version of Zyrus, more or less. Like Zyrus, Circe is dependent on casting its LB to unlock true potential of the unit. Unlike Zyrus, all of Circe's abilities add to its LB bar, making filling the bar quite easy. Also, all of Circe's "spells" are abilities, so the unit is a great choice for No Magic missions. 6* Circe comes with the ability to chain with Quake and Flood and learns W-ability for "dualcasting". However, Circe is a bit handicapped at 6*s, because of a lack of High Tide to fill the expensive LB bar (35 crystals at 6*). Given that all of Circe's abilities add to the LB bar, it's not a game-destroying issue. However, it will mean that without someone to Entrust some LB to Circe, it will take several turns to initially fill the LB bar. Of course, this handicap is removed at 7* via Circe's trust ability.

Between the two, Malphasie is the more usable unit at 6*. Both are serviceable, but Circe artificial handicap at 6* is a shame.

Meanwhile Iam just sinking tickets: 4* Tix to Aloha banner for moogles and 3* Tix to new Circe banner. Haven't seen banner rainbow, but cant really be in a bad mood.
10+1 Freebie yesterday: Lulu (2nd), random 3* tix Prompto (2nd -> insta moogled cause had his 100% tm moogle laying). Today more 3* tix PG Lasswell (4th) \o_. 3 Decent to nice rainbows in 24 time, yup happy to get 2nd dupes and one 4th dupe.
Grats! I tried for Aloha Lasswell, but the summer banner hated me as well as the 10+1s this month.

Hopefully, luck will shine for me again on Citra's banner.

Yeah, it's a bit cruel that right after everyone pulled for Hyoh, Gumi introduces a GLEX boss just happens to be oddly resistant to Hyoh's attacks....

Fighting that boss legitimately is surprisingly difficult. It's almost trial levels of nastiness if a player can't one-shot it on ELT. Found that out the hard way stalling for the esper achievement.
Just noting, but one can go back to their Orlandeau for the events. I'm just running Orlandeau with Noctis and DV + Friend Orlandeau. All with light weapons. It one shots it half the time, two turns where I just put ribbons on my Noctis and Orlandeau to cap the last 20% or so since it will always Berserk my healer in slot 1. Tank is useless, Ramza to buff party.

It's not always one KO, but ends it in two turns max every time with zero risk.

Man, powering up Espers is really expensive. I thought I had a healthy amount of supercites left and was only able to power up my 3* Shiva up to level 19. Still, having her equipped on my TT means I now have 1254 MAG on her, so she's slowly getting up there. Used my moogles to get BSS's TMR so that's on TT. Wish I had Draco Spike and Glory of Evil enhanced!

Also pulled my first Lulu off a ticket. The gold crystal turned into a rainbow and I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a banner unit. Oh well!

What is everyone spending their sun stones on?

Using mine on 10 summer Tickets, 3 rare summon tickets, 1 5+1 ticket, 5 expansion vouchers and w/e left on gigantaurs.

Also think its 600 supercites to level up an esper using bonus supers for them so yea its an investment.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
I'm doing what Xevren mentioned. Summer tickets, rare tickets, 5+1 ticket and vouchers.

Already bought the 5+1 ticket and a few of the summer tickets last night. The 5+1 was predictable garbage, but one of the summer tickets broke into a Rainbow and gave me my first Nalu. Not a unit I plan to use, but if I ever get to the point where I need even more TDH materia coverage, her TMR is pretty good for that.

I need to try this

I actually have everything I need to try it, other than maybe no second Quick Assault, and not enough trust moogles to get my second Ring of the Lucii

JP just got special tickets per login days with various stuff (including UoC/5* EX/Moogle container) for their 3rd anniversaryhttps://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/9kajt2/jp_3rd_anniversary_commemorative_tickets/

I’m already at 853 logins, I’m so ready to get 1000+ tickets next year.
Tickets = (# Login Days) + (10 * Days in October) + (5 * Player Rank)

The vet crew still hanging around by then should have about ~2k tickets by the end of the event.

Those draw rates though.... yikes.

Man, powering up Espers is really expensive.
Stupidly expensive. At one point, someone ran the numbers on supercite costs to max out an esper, given GL's oddball distribution schedule for supercites. Those numbers were mighty depressing, to say the least. I've only got 4 of them maxed at 3*, and I've been almost perfect on supercite collection since the feature has launched months ago.

Stupidly expensive. At one point, someone ran the numbers on supercite costs to max out an esper, given GL's oddball distribution schedule for supercites.
I have zero at max, well, Ifrit is at lvl 54
This is reason why I give zero fucks to those 5 man missions in 3* espers (not all have them tho) that give lousy 10 Supercites. I rather be more comfortable and clear em with 6 man.

Yesterday I decided to do up the second round of the step-up to to the third step for the guaranteed rainbow. Got my second Malphasie for her 7* and my third Freyvia

Then my daily summon today came down as a Rainbow, my third Malphasie. (Yesterday my daily went Gold > Rainbow for my second Reberta)

Hopefully I can pull another one of either for their STMR. I'm really curious what Freyvia's will be

Between this game and Dragalia Lost I'm having some incredible gacha luck this past week