Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| A Realm Reset

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything I should be doing with tomes of creation now? Level 70 stuff I’m going to buying with mendacity now so I’m not sure what I’d be using creation for. :-/

Bought my HQ warrior weapon for 1.5m, not as expensive as I was expecting.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
twitter.com
Did my first attempt at Suzaku EX through raid finder. The party was very fun to play with, we used up all our time and got it down to 36% or something like that on our last attempt. Geomancy itself is fine, but the later ones, combined with other mechanics (why are those arrows during crescendo so hard to see?!) makes it much, much harder.
I also love RDM, did most of the resurrecting during fights, so that healers could focus on healing.

Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Everyone is blazing through savage so fast and I haven't even stepped foot into O9S yet.... Just dont complain there's no content since we aren't getting ultimate until next expansion.

Did Saint Mocianne's Arboretum HM the other day and it's quite a pleasing dungeon. The Burn was still miles better though, imo. I hope that they do go with some difficult dungeon bosses like Mist Dragon some more but I felt the Arboretum HM boss wasn't on that level.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything I should be doing with tomes of creation now? Level 70 stuff I’m going to buying with mendacity now so I’m not sure what I’d be using creation for. :-/

Bought my HQ warrior weapon for 1.5m, not as expensive as I was expecting.
go to Mor Dhona, you can exchange creation for mendacity there. That's the only use for them now.

Oct 27, 2017
I’ve said this before but this time I think I really mean it. I’m done doing Savage Raids. They’re just way too time-consuming even with a good group. I’ve been at O9S for 7 hours today and even, super close to clear. But I’m not gonna bother with O10S after I clear this. I’m just tired of repeating the cycle. I’ll just stick to dailies I guess. It’s been real.

Oct 25, 2017
I’ve said this before but this time I think I really mean it. I’m done doing Savage Raids. They’re just way too time-consuming even with a good group. I’ve been at O9S for 7 hours today and even, super close to clear. But I’m not gonna bother with O10S after I clear this. I’m just tired of repeating the cycle. I’ll just stick to dailies I guess. It’s been real.
Have you tried finding a static that raids at a good time for you? Party finder is such a shit show for savage.

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried finding a static that raids at a good time for you? Party finder is such a shit show for savage.
I did back in Deltascape but I got busy and kept missing times. Even then it took us hours to progress through O3S. In the end I never beat it because I was out of power for a few days. It’s also just not fun anymore obviously. I might still try EX primals because they haven’t been too hard lately. But Savage is exhausting.

Oct 31, 2017
I did back in Deltascape but I got busy and kept missing times. Even then it took us hours to progress through O3S. In the end I never beat it because I was out of power for a few days. It’s also just not fun anymore obviously. I might still try EX primals because they haven’t been too hard lately. But Savage is exhausting.
I think the mindset for doing raid with pugs is not to expect clears in the first few weeks. I've been doing O9S pug for the entire weekend, at the current gear level, the fight will only allow one or two deaths if at all. After a few weeks when people have several tome gears the fight should be more manageable.

I've seen 1% enrage with only one death, but with people in the group not even using 370 weapons it's still hitting the enrage wall.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the mindset for doing raid with pugs is not to expect clears in the first few weeks. I've been doing O9S pug for the entire weekend, at the current gear level, the fight will only allow one or two deaths if at all. After a few weeks when people have several tome gears the fight should be more manageable.

I've seen 1% enrage with only one death, but with people in the group not even using 370 weapons it's still hitting the enrage wall.
Yeah that’s true. The DPS check on this thing is pretty strict. I’m sooo over it though. I’m even considering going to Eureka. I never leveled up past, like, three lol. But I want a dinosaur and relic armor I can die so fuck it.

Oct 29, 2017
I just started catching up on reading and I was about to ask how O9S was going. This tier is pretty rough and for the first time in a long fucking time the first two fights aren't a joke. O9S isn't bad since you can learn every mechanic before the halfway point (My group had the hardest time with the earth pattern) but O10S is... wew

I can't wait to be BiS so I can never think about that last Akh Morn + Exoflare + Ice mechanic ever again. Shit took my group 4 lockouts to learn (3 on Hottail because wew lads that mechanic is a fucking wall) and honestly that fight is legit unfun. O11S is hella fun though I've only seen it to level checker because rotating tether and not getting murdered is actually really hard.

Oct 29, 2017
How is Anemos nowadays?
Probably gonna be populated in a bit. I need to finish some more armor sets at the very least when they decide to add in the next tier of left side pieces.

Or at the very least have more dyeable AF armor.

Pagos, on Aether at least, is dead as fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
I also just noticed the increased role actions. 10 feels a bit overwhelming. What’s are some good ones for WHM? I was thinking Eye for an Eye and Surecast at least.

Oct 29, 2017
Uh a lot of them are really good. If you want tiers tho.

TOP Tier (Use these a lot): Cleric Stance, Swiftcast, Largasse, Eye for an Eye, Lucid Dreaming.

Mid Tier (Needs to be accessable in Certain Fights) Surecast, Esuna

Low Tier (Use them often but don't need them all the time): Protect

Kinda Tier (You might want this just in case): Rescue

Lol: Break

To add on to this. I have Esuna next to cure 2 and Regen (Though I honestly hardly use it).

Swiftcast isn't bound but is right next to raise and above Medica 2 for quick access.

Lucid Dreaming is Mouse 3. Largasse is Mouse 4. Eye for an eye is Mouse 5.

I throw Surecast to V and swap it with the Duty Actions when necessary.

Protect is off to the side.

I use 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Q,E,R,T,F,C for keyboard binds with ctrl (AOE) and Alt (Offensive) variations of those. Then I have V, `, M3, M4, and M5.

I also rebound F1, F2, F3, and F4 but for my healers I have those slots equipped with a macro to target those respective party members because I ain't retraining 10+ years of healing targetting that way.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
One shotted Suzaku in a learning party luck must have been on my side lol. Honestly it's a pretty easy fight,even with several deaths we still cleared it the first time then farmed it a bunch after no problem.

Oct 31, 2017
One shotted Suzaku in a learning party luck must have been on my side lol. Honestly it's a pretty easy fight,even with several deaths we still cleared it the first time then farmed it a bunch after no problem.
I did the fight all day and only saw the meteors twice.

Oct 29, 2017
TBH if you're still in the single digits I'd try to solo your way to completing the weekly challenges inbetween NM trains.

Once you hit the double digits you'll be getting max rewards from more than half of them (And afaik nobody spawns the lv18 and 19 NMs still) and the train will be more reliable exp.

I'd do weekly challenge log asap though just to get those "free" levels and get max rewards from more NMs asap.

Oct 29, 2017
Likely no. Expect the next Eureka in 4.45, Major patch at 4.5 sometime after christmas, major story update + cliff hanger at 4.56.

Probably two more Eureka updates with 4.51 and 4.58 if they want to try to push a 5th zone out.

But yeah welcome to the last raid tier for a year!

Oct 25, 2017
The setting for the last boss of The Burn and the boss itself are pure class.
That is definitely one of the hardest bosses from a 4 man dungeon. Not that hard on mechanics but its atctions hit hard , specially that frost "buster" on tank lol. You need a healer to keep that AoE healing on point. Really enjoyable fight nonetheless!

As I'm on a mentor mount grind (1400/2000 started this May) I decided to take a break a get the last 2 dogs I'm missing tsuyu and Zusa thinking is gonna be a long grind... I got the Suza dog after a couple of pulls and many trap partys winning with a 51 roll and Tsuyu dog after another few pulls with a 63 roll.. must of been a lucky day lol.

Cleared o9s last night, what an amazing fight! Very much like o7s in regards of the random phases. Had a glimpse of o10s and seems pretty much scripted.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
twitter.com
Finally beat Suzaku EX with the 3rd RF group and got my weapon on the first death, which felt good.
Really fun fight, although there definitely are moments where it's hard to tell what's happening. It became much easier once I put Surecast on my bar (instead of Swiftcast, which is almost useless for a RDM) and I will never remove it.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Suzaku EX with the 3rd RF group and got my weapon on the first death, which felt good.
Really fun fight, although there definitely are moments where it's hard to tell what's happening. It became much easier once I put Surecast on my bar (instead of Swiftcast, which is almost useless for a RDM) and I will never remove it.
WHAT? Swiftcast is by no means useless, for any caster. Yeah, you have dualcast, but still, another non-castbar spell once a minute is extremely valuable.

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
twitter.com
WHAT? Swiftcast is by no means useless, for any caster. Yeah, you have dualcast, but still, another non-castbar spell once a minute is extremely valuable.
I guess... I'm still new to RDM (I've been a BLM main until very recently), but the fact that a swiftcasted spell doesn't trigger dualcast doesn't make it feel as good/useful as in case of a BLM. I guess that math-wise using swiftcast makes sense, but not getting DC after a cast makes me sad.
Will definitely try to not forget to use it.

Edit:
My retainer is a true mvp, she brings me awesome glamour gear.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I guess... I'm still new to RDM (I've been a BLM main until very recently), but the fact that a swiftcasted spell doesn't trigger dualcast doesn't make it feel as good/useful as in case of a BLM. I guess that math-wise using swiftcast makes sense, but not getting DC after a cast makes me sad.

Edit:
My retainer is a true mvp, she brings me awesome glamour gear.
Swiftcast Verraise or something else you don't want to wait 2~ seconds for is still pretty durn good.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that math-wise using swiftcast makes sense, but not getting DC after a cast makes me sad.
Think of it as an extra Ver-longasscastedspell

Assuming no procs for example:

Veraero -> Dualcasted Verthunder -> Swiftcasted Veraero

Just an example. I use swiftcast all the time for stuff like that. :)

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
twitter.com
Thanks for all the advice. I'm still struggling a bit with not forgetting to use Acceleration as often as I can, but I'll try to include swiftcast in my rotations as the next step of learning how to be a better RDM.

Oct 25, 2017
Also much cheaper in instances where you don't have a target to throw that 2 second nuke on (not having to spend Vercure when you don't need to)

Oct 27, 2017
Man I forgot just how much fun Ninja is. It’s been so long I forgot how to even use it though. What’s a good opener and what’s the general rotation? I know you start with that wind mudra into Hide into the water one so that you can eventually use that sneak attack move.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of ninja questions, in a few videos I've seen people using Shukuchi instantly without having to pick an area or anything. How are they doing this, is it a macro?

Oct 28, 2017
Man I forgot just how much fun Ninja is. It’s been so long I forgot how to even use it though. What’s a good opener and what’s the general rotation? I know you start with that wind mudra into Hide into the water one so that you can eventually use that sneak attack move.
General opener is:

Huton > Hide > Suiton > Spinning Edge > Kassatsu > Gust Slash > Potion > Shadow Fang > Jugulate > Spinning Edge > Mug > Gust Slash > Trick Attack > Aeolian Edge > Fuma Shuriken > Spinning Edge > Dream Within a Dream > Gust Slash > Duality > Aeolian Edge > Bhavacakra / Ten Chi Jin (Fuma Shuriken > Katon > Doton)

For the rotation, generally just use things on cooldown (especially Trick Attack). Dream Within a Dream and Kassatsu should naturally line up with every Trick Attack; most other abilities will land inside Trick with every other use. Always keep Shadow Fang up (refresh at ~3 seconds), keep Huton up by using Armor Crush when it's <40 seconds, and use Aeolian Edge otherwise. Use Fuma Shuriken instead of Raiton unless you need to reset Shukuchi.

The main complexity comes from Ten Chi Jin, which you generally want to use to set up Trick Attack instead of hard-casting Suiton.

Speaking of ninja questions, in a few videos I've seen people using Shukuchi instantly without having to pick an area or anything. How are they doing this, is it a macro?
Yes, it's a macro to Shukuchi to the target.

Oct 25, 2017
General opener is:

Huton > Hide > Suiton > Spinning Edge > Kassatsu > Gust Slash > Potion > Shadow Fang > Jugulate > Spinning Edge > Mug > Gust Slash > Trick Attack > Aeolian Edge > Fuma Shuriken > Spinning Edge > Dream Within a Dream > Gust Slash > Duality > Aeolian Edge > Bhavacakra / Ten Chi Jin (Fuma Shuriken > Katon > Doton)

For the rotation, generally just use things on cooldown (especially Trick Attack). Dream Within a Dream and Kassatsu should naturally line up with every Trick Attack; most other abilities will land inside Trick with every other use. Always keep Shadow Fang up (refresh at ~3 seconds), keep Huton up by using Armor Crush when it's <40 seconds, and use Aeolian Edge otherwise. Use Fuma Shuriken instead of Raiton unless you need to reset Shukuchi.

The main complexity comes from Ten Chi Jin, which you generally want to use to set up Trick Attack instead of hard-casting Suiton.

Thanks!

Quick dumb question - Since Ten Chi Jin is on a 100 sec cooldown, that means you have to hard cast Suiton for every other TA, correct?

Also, should Kassatsu be reserved exclusively for Raiton/Fuma?

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks!

Quick dumb question - Since Ten Chi Jin is on a 100 sec cooldown, that means you have to hard cast Suiton for every other TA, correct?

Also, should Kassatsu be reserved exclusively for Raiton/Fuma?
Regarding your first question: yes, that's correct.

Second question: outside of AoE situations, yes (for AoE, it'd be Doton or Katon, depending on how long enemies will survive).

Oct 27, 2017
General opener is:

Ok those are the openers I’ve been trying out except I have no potions. What potion is it exactly? Can I just buy it anywhere? Because of that I’ve just been removing the potion from the rotation but for some reason, by the time I get to Trick Attack I’ve already lost it and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It could be that I’m being too slow because it isn’t muscle memory yet but idk.