Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| A Realm Reset

Ok those are the openers I’ve been trying out except I have no potions. What potion is it exactly? Can I just buy it anywhere? Because of that I’ve just been removing the potion from the rotation but for some reason, by the time I get to Trick Attack I’ve already lost it and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It could be that I’m being too slow because it isn’t muscle memory yet but idk.
The general rule of thumb is to buy just cheap vendor potions (something like regular HP potions with a short cooldown can be good) to practice, and put those on your hotbar. Then when you go to do 'real' content, swap out that slot for the 'real' potions (Infusions of Dexterity for NIN--rank 3 is the current set, but anything is better than nothing); but using super cheap vendor potions lets you practice hitting the button and getting used to the animation delay without costing a fortune.

Ok those are the openers I’ve been trying out except I have no potions. What potion is it exactly? Can I just buy it anywhere? Because of that I’ve just been removing the potion from the rotation but for some reason, by the time I get to Trick Attack I’ve already lost it and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. It could be that I’m being too slow because it isn’t muscle memory yet but idk.
Regarding losing Suiton before Trick Attack, one thing to note is that you should cast Suiton once you're in melee range (e.g. Sprint, prep Suiton with Ten > Chi > Jin, run up and execute Suiton once you're in melee range).

Other than that, it's most likely an issue of not pressing buttons fast enough. There are no double-weaves in the opener outside of Fuma Shuriken, which can cause you to clip slightly if your ping is high. Nothing else should clip at all.

The general rule of thumb is to buy just cheap vendor potions (something like regular HP potions with a short cooldown can be good) to practice, and put those on your hotbar. Then when you go to do 'real' content, swap out that slot for the 'real' potions (Infusions of Dexterity for NIN--rank 3 is the current set, but anything is better than nothing); but using super cheap vendor potions lets you practice hitting the button and getting used to the animation delay without costing a fortune.
Regarding losing Suiton before Trick Attack, one thing to note is that you should cast Suiton once you're in melee range (e.g. Sprint, prep Suiton with Ten > Chi > Jin, run up and execute Suiton once you're in melee range).

Other than that, it's most likely an issue of not pressing buttons fast enough. There are no double-weaves in the opener outside of Fuma Shuriken, which can cause you to clip slightly if your ping is high. Nothing else should clip at all.
you can easily double weave Duality with Trick Attack if you're using the optimal skill speed (was 497 in Sigmascape) and it lines up nicely later if you do.

You're welcome to PM me if you have any questions on NIN. I was ranked in the top #10 in EU for Sigmascape: https://www.fflogs.com/character/id/10570594?zone=21&mode=detailed
Thanks for the tips you guys. I’ll try all this out now. I didn’t take skill speed into account actually. My gear isn’t exactly optimized. I neglected NIN once I got it to level 70 and focused on WHM, my main. I’m gonna focus a bit more on my NIN and SAM now.

In other news, I just reached level 7 in Eureka and I hate it. It feels like I’m fake level grinding when I could actually leveling up another job. All because I want to dye SAM’s Antiquated gear.

In other news, I just reached level 7 in Eureka and I hate it. It feels like I’m fake level grinding when I could actually leveling up another job. All because I want to dye SAM’s Antiquated gear.
Yeah its straight up garbage. I tried doing it on another alt. The first thing I did was haul ass to Pazuzu at level1 and got 120 elemental exp for my troubles of dying.

I would just do weekly challenge logs until you hit level12 before running the hunt train. At level8 you're going to be missing out on Anemos crystals pretty often and nerfed EXP from most NMs.

Finally beat Suzaku EX with the 3rd RF group and got my weapon on the first death, which felt good.
Really fun fight, although there definitely are moments where it's hard to tell what's happening. It became much easier once I put Surecast on my bar (instead of Swiftcast, which is almost useless for a RDM) and I will never remove it.
You probably know this already, but I also use Swiftcast to help fish for procs--especially when Acceleration is on cooldown. That's just my experience with the class at 65 though. ^^

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7cc1f61e07d50fc9a31dc70f7eb4594fae900eb0

We have identified an issue wherein the ability to upgrade to the full retail version of FINAL FANTASY XIV via the Mog Station was being abused for malicious purposes by those involved in illicit activities. As a response to this, we have decided to suspend the ability to upgrade to the full retail version on the Mog Station.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but when upgrading to the full retail version, please purchase a digital or physical copy from places such as the Square Enix Online Store to make the transition.

Please visit the Square Enix Online Store at https://sqex.to/buyffxiv
Wonder what people were doing...

After playing WoW:BfA for a month I am back at FFXIV and love it even more. This game somehow clicks with me. I currently do all the content I have missed or skipped in the past, I am way behind atm (I did the latest 24 man for the first time this week) but I love how easy this game makes it to catch up. And I am not even rushing since I enjoy all the content so much. Too bad my FC is kinda dead and most other FC's just kick you if you take a few months break from the game.
Still can not decide between AST and SCH for my main, I love both too much so I switch constantly.

I really hope 5.0 changes the core end game grind, Stormblood is the first expansion where I just couldn't be bothered keeping up to date on my ilvl. Way too burned out on the weekly grind. Though maybe it's less about the act of grind than the gear you get which IMO is boring both in stats and in aesthetic. The tome gear is awkward looking on my character.

All that said, all the battle content this time around is awesome and fun to repeat so maybe I'll have a second wind.

My SAM is finally level 57 so I can grind The Vault now. The problem is I don’t really know what to do while I wait in queues. I already did both Heavensward tribe quests. Do they still even give good experience?

Edit: Also, I can only equip one tome ring right? Or did I make that up?

Just curious, because I don't remember how it worked exactly in 2.x and 3.x - the current set of tomes and tome gear is probably the last one before the next expansion, right?

Just curious, because I don't remember how it worked exactly in 2.x and 3.x - the current set of tomes and tome gear is probably the last one before the next expansion, right?
Yes, assuming they keep the same pattern. At the end of 4.5x when nearing 5.0 they'll probably uncap the current tomes, and before that I think they usually double how many you can get a week, so you can get tome stuff faster, but these are it. They'll also have equal ilvl gear in the last 24man dungeon, and that will eventually be uncapped too(will start weekly capped as usual).

The only stuff that evolves usually still is weapons, there's probably a bunch of relics upgrades(well they're not relics anymore, whatever they are, the eureka weapons) and those tend to be the best weapons ilvl wise at the end of expansions I think. Forgot how it went in HW cause I didn't bother making that one.

Yes, assuming they keep the same pattern. At the end of 4.5x when nearing 5.0 they'll probably uncap the current tomes, and before that I think they usually double how many you can get a week, so you can get tome stuff faster, but these are it. They'll also have equal ilvl gear in the last 24man dungeon, and that will eventually be uncapped too(will start weekly capped as usual).

The only stuff that evolves usually still is weapons, there's probably a bunch of relics upgrades(well they're not relics anymore, whatever they are, the eureka weapons) and those tend to be the best weapons ilvl wise at the end of expansions I think. Forgot how it went in HW cause I didn't bother making that one.
Thanks. That's what I thought, I remember running the first floor of the Final Coil back in 2.x 20~30+ times before even seeing the BLM ring drop.

Yup. That's how it always is.

Just know that O9s is about on par with an average Primal EX fight as far as difficulty goes. It wouldn't be too hard to join a PUG group for a clear.
Lol you say that but I can’t seem to join one that gets me a clear. Sigh. And here I was swearing off savage.

I see you have Goad in a fairly accessible slot. Are you still using it often? I don't think I've used it mote than once or twice since it became a cross-class skill.
I use it often, usually if the tanks are low or someone dies I make sure that goad goes out as soon as they rise if it's up. I've just become use to managing all that kind of stuff that it's kind of routine and I honestly don't see many other dps even use it lol.

Cleared the entire new map dungeon today it was really fun.
Congrats! I think at this point I had ~13 attempts at the new dungeon and only got to the last spin 2-3 times. Failed every time.
Did you get the silver field with the elephant (something something Prince)? That's the only one I haven't seen yet and I'm curious what the drops are.
I use it very often, usually if the tanks are low or someone dies I make sure that goad goes out as soon as they rise if it's up. I've just become use to managing all that kind of stuff that it's kind of routine and I honestly don't see many other dps even use it lol.
This guy gets it. I like tanking as a WAR, mostly because I can spam Overpower and kill things pretty quickly, but you really need some form of TP regen to do it effectively. Please keep using it!

Congrats! I think at this point I had ~13 attempts at the new dungeon and only got to the last spin 2-3 times. Failed every time.
Did you get the silver field with the elephant (something something Prince)? That's the only one I haven't seen yet and I'm curious what the drops are.
We got that dungeon 5 times total today and never got the silver elephant. We made it to the last phase twice and cleared once, we also got sucked up by the atomos but spit back out twice which threw us into an elder fight lol. We had the elder Onion, Chimera, Namazu, Robot and Whatever that dragon is from the Nidhogg fight (the one you can't aggro).

lol at those quests, I've had "Do "X" EX via the Duty Finder" stuck on my screen forever.

I thought about doing Seph EX last night, but after watching the strategy vid online, I gave up trying to remember it all in phase III.

I use it often, usually if the tanks are low or someone dies I make sure that goad goes out as soon as they rise if it's up. I've just become use to managing all that kind of stuff that it's kind of routine and I honestly don't see many other dps even use it lol.
Thanks for the reply!
I feel like I used it a lot before Stormblood, but just haven't had the need in four-mans that much.

That said, I am definitely nowhere near competent at NIN especially post-level 50. I think things started going downhill around Kassatsu. lol Actually, managing Trick Attack is the hardest thing for me--getting it out early and then keeping it up; lining up my cooldowns so I can use it in the TA window and have them all come up at the same time--nevermind actually coordinating it with the rest of the party.

Too bad, it was my favorite class. I haven't given up on it yet though. It's one of my few jobs over level 60.

This guy gets it. I like tanking as a WAR, mostly because I can spam Overpower and kill things pretty quickly, but you really need some form of TP regen to do it effectively. Please keep using it!
Thank you for this insight. I've been playing a lot of the healer classes lately, but am starting to feel like I'm going to need to start a tank to bring my healing up to the next level. Knowing what those icons mean, when they're used, how much mitigation they have and what self-healing you can crank out...I just don't know anything about it.

It's weird though, I have zero healing anxiety except when heading into new (EX) content; but tank anxiety is a very real thing for me. I guess it's easier to react to what's happening than set the pace for the rest of the party.

Thank you for this insight. I've been playing a lot of the healer classes lately, but am starting to feel like I'm going to need to start a tank to bring my healing up to the next level. Knowing what those icons mean, when they're used, how much mitigation they have and what self-healing you can crank out...I just don't know anything about it.

It's weird though, I have zero healing anxiety except when heading into new (EX) content; but tank anxiety is a very real thing for me. I guess it's easier to react to what's happening than set the pace for the rest of the party.
I had some serious tanking anxiety before and shortly after I started tanking, but after getting WAR/PLD to 70, I'm fine with running new dungeons only as tank, because of instant queues. I also think that tanking became much easier at one point because of the hate generation changes and some SB class balance changes (don't take my word for it).
We got that dungeon 5 times total today and never got the silver elephant. We made it to the last phase twice and cleared once, we also got sucked up by the atomos but spit back out twice which threw us into an elder fight lol. We had the elder Onion, Chimera, Namazu, Robot and Whatever that dragon is from the Nidhogg fight (the one you can't aggro).
Being spit back by Atomos a few times in a row is the best. I think I haven't seen the dragon and the robot yet, it's usually Onion, Elephant or Namazu for me for Elder Summons. Really curious about the silver elephant, but I bet the pop rate is ridiculously low.

I had some serious tanking anxiety before and shortly after I started tanking, but after getting WAR/PLD to 70, I'm fine with running new dungeons only as tank, because of instant queues. I also think that tanking became much easier at one point because of the hate generation changes and some SB class balance changes (don't take my word for it).

Being spit back by Atomos a few times in a row is the best. I think I haven't seen the dragon and the robot yet, it's usually Onion, Elephant or Namazu for me for Elder Summons. Really curious about the silver elephant, but I bet the pop rate is ridiculously low.
Do you have an opinion about which tank is the most "fun"?

I've yet to try DRK and I honestly haven't touched PLD much past the leveling phase. I think that for dungeons WAR is definitely super fun, especially when you get Inner Release. During boss fights, when your hate is stable you can quickly switch to ATK stance (Deliverance) and start spamming Fell Cleave. For groups of mobs, using Overpower / Fell Cleave with the aoe attack is also fun/quick.
I think that DRK/PLD is probably better for raid and trials, because of more defensive cooldowns/abilities, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about tanks to say that for sure.

drk i think was the most fun tank but the stormblood changes made it very monotonous
now it's probably war
Ooh, I just saw this! Thanks!

I've yet to try DRK and I honestly haven't touched PLD much past the leveling phase. I think that for dungeons WAR is definitely super fun, especially when you get Inner Release. During boss fights, when your hate is stable you can quickly switch to ATK stance (Deliverance) and start spamming Fell Cleave. For groups of mobs, using Overpower / Fell Cleave with the aoe attack is also fun/quick.
I think that DRK/PLD is probably better for raid and trials, because of more defensive cooldowns/abilities, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about tanks to say that for sure.
The biggest complaint I see about PLD is that it's rotation is "brain dead" and it's "boring", though unparalleled as an off tank with all of its support. For DRK, I keep hearing that it's incomplete until 70 when it gets TDN. Seeing as how my highest characters are level 65, that's kind of a big deal for me. lol Is Warrior more than a one-trick pony (Fell Cleave)? I bet TBW with red eyes makes a great RP prop. lol

I feel the same way about tanking. I don’t feel comfortable being basically the leader. I just know I’m gonna lead people the wrong way and shit lol.

I really hope 5.0 changes the core end game grind, Stormblood is the first expansion where I just couldn't be bothered keeping up to date on my ilvl. Way too burned out on the weekly grind. Though maybe it's less about the act of grind than the gear you get which IMO is boring both in stats and in aesthetic. The tome gear is awkward looking on my character.

All that said, all the battle content this time around is awesome and fun to repeat so maybe I'll have a second wind.
TBH if you want something a little different try investing in crafters. I know now is a little late to get a huge benefit (RIP 4.4 goldrush) but even with one class at 70 you can get weekly scriptures from the weekly turn ins and from there you can build up on your Yellow Script crafting gear, translate that into the i340 crafted set, and then begin melding everything so you can do 4 star crafting. Week scriptures rain materia now thanks to the significantly reduced prices.

Yup. That's how it always is.

Just know that O9s is about on par with an average Primal EX fight as far as difficulty goes. It wouldn't be too hard to join a PUG group for a clear.
This one is definitely a league above a Primal fight. Thankfully even if you can't meet the DPS check in the halfway point you can still learn 90% of the fight.

Then you get to enjoy one of life's few pleasures. Panicking as you don't know what the fuck to do for the last 5-10% of the boss's HP as you barely resolve mechanics by intuition below and you slowly chip away at his health.

Chaos is def a giant bully but once you get the mechanics and positioning correctly you'll be golden.

Got past the o12s door boss today. I think I'm starting to like it.

Also I thought it was funny that my group spent over an hour trying to reclear o10s but got o11 down in two pulls. Feels like the hardest second floor they've had in a long while. If only because of the meme potential

I think the thing I learned today is taking Suzaku weapons into 10S deprives Midgardsormr of his power. Kill us all you want buddy we still gonna get you (this week: 12 deaths. My goal is to see 20.)

I'm also officially pushing the conspiracy theory that at some point the third ultimate was going to be Omega Ultima because everything about that fight feels like an Ultimate design wise albeit with the tuning cranked down. Raid Mechanics Greatest Hits to beat all Raid Mechanics Greatest Hits.

Got past the o12s door boss today. I think I'm starting to like it.

Also I thought it was funny that my group spent over an hour trying to reclear o10s but got o11 down in two pulls. Feels like the hardest second floor they've had in a long while. If only because of the meme potential
Hardest second boss since A6S easily. (Both Pre and Post nerf)

Whoever thought to combine Exoflares and Akh Morn is truly an awful person. Can't wait until raid has i405 weapons so we can maybe not see that.

The one thing about O10S is that the DPS check is pretty lenient to make up for the easy-to-die factor (see aforementioned 12 death run). At this point of gearing, there's a lot of breathing room already that you wouldn't really be expecting. And then you have two pretty big sections of no boss that you can do a full recovery of a bad pull without setting you back anything at all.

I'd say O10S will end up being "that fight" that always kind of ends up sloppy for most groups. Or at least takes longer-than-you'd-expect to finally clean up properly.

100% agree. The time from add phase starts to Midgarsomr being targetable is insanely long. Sometimes I forget about the stack and then start to run off and then OH YEAH CAUTERIZE.

80% of the difficulty in the fight is getting past Hot Tail without destroying your own party and even then once it finally clicks you can still get ganked by the breath because someone else was a little slow on the baton pass.

My group is trying a slow boy safety strat on the Akh Morns/Exoflare wherein we just stand where the first exflare happened and soak before we return to fighting.

Been hanging around in O9S. Very fun fight and super fun dance. Lat and long are hard to react to but should be good to clear this week if I have the time. Got it down to about 50% in a learning party Sunday night. Suzaku? Eh still trying to clear it and learn. I tried a learning party that went well but people said they had to go so I was discouraged afterwards.

This will vary a lot between people, personally I like PLD the best out of the 3 tanks, mostly because I love having defensive options I can throw on people when stuff isn't going right. This is more relevant in 4man and pub 8man and stuff though, as once you get into organized raiding your cooldowns are probably going to be mapped around the fight mechanics and you probably don't want to be throwing crappy heals here and there when your healers can get it done much better anyway. But pubs, you always have stuff that doesn't go right, the healer isn't a good player or is undergeared or a DPS likes standing in all the fire he can and stuff like that and that's where all the support tools feel nice to use. The rotation is very simple that it's also pretty relaxing to play(but if you play only that and you don't need to hit any support ability, it gets pretty boring).

I didn't think O9s was that hard. Its 4 mini-phases, and once you learn those, and the 1 mechanic for the crystal phase, you're good.

The DPS check is a bit of a pain, but that will get easier as people gear up.

TBH if you want something a little different try investing in crafters. I know now is a little late to get a huge benefit (RIP 4.4 goldrush) but even with one class at 70 you can get weekly scriptures from the weekly turn ins and from there you can build up on your Yellow Script crafting gear, translate that into the i340 crafted set, and then begin melding everything so you can do 4 star crafting. Week scriptures rain materia now thanks to the significantly reduced prices.

This one is definitely a league above a Primal fight. Thankfully even if you can't meet the DPS check in the halfway point you can still learn 90% of the fight.

Then you get to enjoy one of life's few pleasures. Panicking as you don't know what the fuck to do for the last 5-10% of the boss's HP as you barely resolve mechanics by intuition below and you slowly chip away at his health.

Chaos is def a giant bully but once you get the mechanics and positioning correctly you'll be golden.
My crafters are 63 to 65 with gold at 68. Trying to get them all to 70 and then hopefully learn how to make some gil with them because I have no idea what's efficient.