Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| A Realm Reset

My crafters are 63 to 65 with gold at 68. Trying to get them all to 70 and then hopefully learn how to make some gil with them because I have no idea what's efficient.
Generally speaking, you have 2 categories of products, the big ticket item that require a large investment in materials but sell at a big profit, however they sell slowly(not many ppl can afford them) and the competition can be harsh(the "top" crafters on the servers often have 1 of each big item for sale at all times and they're the top crafters because they spend all day re-adjusting their prices and undercutting you, making it hard to move product), plus these tend to move the best right after a patch, and get worse very quickly as more people make them/more people have already bought their own and they also often require the best gear to make.

And then the common items that most lvl 70s can make regardless but that still sell because of the convenience of not having to make them or non crafters buying them to get stuff crafted. That's your basic ingots, leather, cloth and also common consumables like potions and food for raiding. These move extremely fast, but the margins are low so you need to craft a lot to see any result. You can make crazy amounts of money when some of these go low for whatever reason, and they're very nice to make afk and often require very little gear to make, so imo they're a good way to get started(but don't flood only one item, have to diversify a bunch).

Past that, you have plenty of more niche markets that will make a profit but depending on the demand it might take a while. Stuff like crafting crafting/gathering gear(the early stuff from 4.1 and what not to help bridge the gap and also leveling gear for lower level character), older cosmetics big ticket items that aren't worth nearly as much now but neither are the mats, and housing items.

If you want to make money crafting, you'll probably have to spend a fair amount of time scouring the AH, checking how often things sell, how many there is for sale and how much they cost to make(to see what kind of money you make per item). It's quite a time investment to find niche markets for stuff but once in a while you can make good money with them. It's not as easy with scrip gear though since one of the big vanilla money makers was making crafting/gathering entry lvl gear since everyone had to get that to even get started doing anything else, but now you can get scrips via weeklies and stuff and get your basic gear on much more easily.

But regardless pretty much everything you make will sell for more than the sum of the materials. Only exception is when the materials fluctuate in price before you sell the item, for example right after a new patch if you buy a bunch of overpriced new materials that were just added, craft the item but don't manage to sell it within 3-5days, there's a good chance you'll be losing money or barely breaking even. So mostly the trick is finding what makes the most money, but regardless your money goes up.

Generally speaking, you have 2 categories of products, the big ticket item that require a large investment in materials but sell at a big profit, however they sell slowly(not many ppl can afford them) and the competition can be harsh(the "top" crafters on the servers often have 1 of each big item for sale at all times and they're the top crafters because they spend all day re-adjusting their prices and undercutting you, making it hard to move product), plus these tend to move the best right after a patch, and get worse very quickly as more people make them/more people have already bought their own and they also often require the best gear to make.

And then the common items that most lvl 70s can make regardless but that still sell because of the convenience of not having to make them or non crafters buying them to get stuff crafted. That's your basic ingots, leather, cloth and also common consumables like potions and food for raiding. These move extremely fast, but the margins are low so you need to craft a lot to see any result. You can make crazy amounts of money when some of these go low for whatever reason, and they're very nice to make afk and often require very little gear to make, so imo they're a good way to get started(but don't flood only one item, have to diversify a bunch).

Past that, you have plenty of more niche markets that will make a profit but depending on the demand it might take a while. Stuff like crafting crafting/gathering gear(the early stuff from 4.1 and what not to help bridge the gap and also leveling gear for lower level character), older cosmetics big ticket items that aren't worth nearly as much now but neither are the mats, and housing items.

If you want to make money crafting, you'll probably have to spend a fair amount of time scouring the AH, checking how often things sell, how many there is for sale and how much they cost to make(to see what kind of money you make per item). It's quite a time investment to find niche markets for stuff but once in a while you can make good money with them. It's not as easy with scrip gear though since one of the big vanilla money makers was making crafting/gathering entry lvl gear since everyone had to get that to even get started doing anything else, but now you can get scrips via weeklies and stuff and get your basic gear on much more easily.

But regardless pretty much everything you make will sell for more than the sum of the materials. Only exception is when the materials fluctuate in price before you sell the item, for example right after a new patch if you buy a bunch of overpriced new materials that were just added, craft the item but don't manage to sell it within 3-5days, there's a good chance you'll be losing money or barely breaking even. So mostly the trick is finding what makes the most money, but regardless your money goes up.
Thanks. My gatherers are already 70 so that helps a little.

Managed to clear 10S hours before reset on Tuesday so pretty happy about that. So many PF groups can't seem to get hot tail down though for whatever reason. My static is at this fight now though so hopefully it shouldn't take us too long as a group to learn it.

While I'm not a huge fan of Eureka grind in general, Anemos is so much better than Pagos. All those narrow corridors and big chunks which can be traversed only one way, which means you have to run around a lot if you're too low level for most Aetherytes. I think I'm not the only one who thinks like this - on the server I'm on, Anemos way more populated than Pagos at the moment.

Some level 20 at Eureka was following our little group around for hours last night being super helpful. The best part is that no one even knew them. It was both weird and nice. They just sat there and watched us grind, occasionally pointing out the best spots.

Some level 20 at Eureka was following our little group around for hours last night being super helpful. The best part is that no one even knew them. It was both weird and nice. They just sat there and watched us grind, occasionally pointing out the best spots.
Eureka definitely brings out a good side of many people. When I was leveling in Anemos a bit before Pagos released, there was always someone who would answer my call for revive in the field and on multiple ocassions let me ride on their two sitter mount.
I try to do the same anever ignore random dead people. I think I even got the achievement for resurrecting people not in your pt/alliance after a while.

PlayStation 4 opens up cross-platform play, starting with Fortnite

Sony finally ditches policy that prevented gamers on different devices from playing together
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...up-cross-platform-play-starting-with-fortnite

Are we finally gonna see FFXIV on Xbox/Switch ? (I think the problem with Microsoft was that they wanted the game on their server and refused to waive the Gold sub to be able to play the game or something like that)

Would love to have it on switch tho

Lat and long are hard to react to but should be good to clear this week if I have the time.
One thing to keep in mind, and I'm not really suggesting this as an always every time solution, is that a single hit of them won't kill you. So if you're unsure if it's go to sides (Longitudinal) or go front/back (Latitudinal), or just unsure you'll make it in time, then just plan and take one instead of trying to do the dodges and ending up taking both. Seriously though people, don't just always eat it. Just if you know you're going to take a hit, just stand your ground and take the one and not risk the double tap.

The DPS check is a bit of a pain, but that will get easier as people gear up.
We're already at the point of not even finishing the fourth elemental phase (and I think the fastest clears week 2 already skips 80% of it). I assume by the time weapons are trickling down, either week 3 for groups with 10 or week 7 for normal, this'll be closer to the norm? P-probably? The DPS check should be the least likely problem for O9S real quick.

I'm wondering if there's an HP% threshold somewhere to phase him or are we going to have an eventual LB cheese plan rush of pre-crystal killing him :|

Been trying to clear Suzaku EX this week and there's one mechanic I haven't been able to wrap my head around- on the one where there's a tankbuster during the 4 color sequence at the end, which color should the tank stand on for the buster (1, 2, 3, or 4)? What's the timing for the pushback from the buster relative to when the colors explode?

Suzaku EX is showing me 90% of people don't know how freaking cardinal directions work. Every single time someone screws up because they go to the wrong bird. What's so hard to get about "CW from cardinals"? If you don't know how that works go back to a fresh learning party or take a geography course because you're wasting everyone's time.

I'm never gonna get 10 clears at this rate because I'm not expecting that brd weapon to ever drop before that knowing my luck.

/salt

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...up-cross-platform-play-starting-with-fortnite

Are we finally gonna see FFXIV on Xbox/Switch ? (I think the problem with Microsoft was that they wanted the game on their server and refused to waive the Gold sub to be able to play the game or something like that)

I doubt the Switch could run it that well nor would Nintendo drop the fee to play it online.

Been trying to clear Suzaku EX this week and there's one mechanic I haven't been able to wrap my head around- on the one where there's a tankbuster during the 4 color sequence at the end, which color should the tank stand on for the buster (1, 2, 3, or 4)? What's the timing for the pushback from the buster relative to when the colors explode?
So as far as i know, its the first set if colors, kicks (i think she’s frozen there) then the super kick/cleave or whatever and then its second set of colors. The tank needs to stand on any panel the last of the first wave and first of the second wave. For example, if it goes black, yellow, purple, blue for the first set and then purple, yellow, black, blue the tank can’t stand on the blue or yellow. Now, i just pulled that color sequence out of my ass, but i am thinking it isn’t random. I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn’t a set number of sequences that has a “best color” to stand on. So when you see the set pop you can call out what color for the tank to stand on before the first color pops in the sequence

Point the boss in between the first two colors (aka, just point due north) of the second set. Phantom Flurry tankbuster locks in the heading really early so the tank can run to the butt long before any colors explode. 1 then explodes immediately after the Phantom Flurry sweep-the-leg resolves. I have no idea what pushback you're talking though about as there's no knockback component to Phantom Flurry? There's a Southron Star -> Mesmerizing Melody | Ruthless Refrain but that's after the color section entirely. Something like 40 seconds from the previous Phantom Flurry set. Unless we're talking about two entirely different sets?

Point the boss in between the first two colors (aka, just point due north) of the second set. Phantom Flurry tankbuster locks in the heading really early so the tank can run to the butt long before any colors explode. 1 then explodes immediately after the Phantom Flurry sweep-the-leg resolves. I have no idea what pushback you're talking though about as there's no knockback component to Phantom Flurry? There's a Southron Star -> Mesmerizing Melody | Ruthless Refrain but that's after the color section entirely. Something like 40 seconds from the previous Phantom Flurry set. Unless we're talking about two entirely different sets?
Thanks. Phantom flurry has that part at the very end when it knocks back everything in the half of the arena where the tank was standing. Does that have a different name?

Thanks. Phantom flurry has that part at the very end when it knocks back everything in the half of the arena where the tank was standing. Does that have a different name?
Oh.

No, it's still just part of Phantom Flurry. It's just the Sweep the Leg from Byakko. It resolves 1 GCD before the first color of the second set so everyone has plenty of time to get to positions, the boss direction is locked the moment Phantom Flurry tankbuster kicks (well, castbar) start. So basically the only actual bad spot for the party to stack at is second set 1 but as far as I know, extremely limited sample size, it's literally just face the boss north and positioning is automatically handled.

Last edited:

That wasn't the reason it wasn't on XBO or Switch

Switch doesn't have the power to run it(got rid of PS3 support for a reason) and XBO is all on MS

Copying, pasting from the other thread:

I know Microsoft wanted to include an option for people to opt out of crossplay at will and Square wanted them to change that policy.
I'm not sure if they ever solved that issue.

About the Switch, I'm not sure if the team will want to port it to that console now that they finally stopped supporting the PS3 version (and received almost universal support from the community for that decision).

Sooner than later next gen will arrive and I'm sure FFXIV will be ported there (Nintendo's 2nd gen Switch too?) but I'm not sure if they want to go back to a much less powerful console compared to the PS4.

Watching Mr. Happy's video on the 4 melee DPS and the first comment chain was about how people hate SAM because of how it doesn't pad their damage numbers and fflogs ranking as a result. That there are people who would rather have a bad NIN player in their group because at least the trick attack will help them look better on logs.

I heard people complain about SAM before saying it has no utility and figured that purely meant that they did less damage overall. But this additional context of people specifically excluding and or including jobs in their groups for the purpose of making their fflogs ranking look good I found to be interesting.

Kind of goes with a thread I was reading a short while ago filled with tons of fflogs related fuckery.

I don't like SAM simply because its very nature of being a high personal dps/zero utility means that your total raid dps is entirely dependant on that one player being alive the entire fight and doing well.

Like if a NIN dies during prog, then he's still gonna be able to raise and use trick attack, plus all his enmity tools. The loss isn't as severe. If a SAM dies, then you've just lost a huge percentage of your total raid dps.

I just got SAM to level 60. I’m guessing Meditate is only used in situations where a certain mechanic requires you to be in a certain position without moving? Maybe like a look away mechanic? It sounds extremely situational.

Also, I can get to level 70 just fine with just the Augmented Shire gear right?

I just got a three line WT. Which piece of left side crafting gear would be the best to get? I've already overmelded my gear and can't see what the maximum on each is.

I just got SAM to level 60. I’m guessing Meditate is only used in situations where a certain mechanic requires you to be in a certain position without moving? Maybe like a look away mechanic? It sounds extremely situational.

Also, I can get to level 70 just fine with just the Augmented Shire gear right?
Meditate is also useful for transition phases where the boss is changing form etc.

That's the way we like to wark.
I love how it’s always the lalafell getting smashed in the face. Just how it should be ;)

So I’ve cleared Suzaku ex just under ten times now but already managed to nab my class weapon and the mount. Feels good man.

Makes me want to go back and do Tsukuyomi for that mount, since I was already about 50 runs in, but alas, everyone’s so busy with Suzaku now the queue won’t pop for a lowly DPS like me.

lololol DNA-man phase of O12S

After a bunch of missed days or half days due to internet bullshit we got the twins down and got a couple hours in the final phase of 12 tonight. Our longest pull was five minutes or so--halfway to enrage!--but jesus christ everything hits like a really hilarious truck.

lololol DNA-man phase of O12S

After a bunch of missed days or half days due to internet bullshit we got the twins down and got a couple hours in the final phase of 12 tonight. Our longest pull was five minutes or so--halfway to enrage!--but jesus christ everything hits like a really hilarious truck.
Oh we're actually at the same spot then! I think. My group is working on the second Hello World. Dealt with so many tether memes tonight xD

Also there seems to be soooooo many tank busters and whatever. More than once tonight I just had sheltron and my best wishes to my healers

About the line stack marker, do you take the same damage if you'r stacked on top of each other like the normal marker or do you take less damage if you really form a line?

Btw: I am having a shit experience in normal content (roulettes and stuff) over the last days. I don't know what the hell is going on but people seem to no longer know what they are doing.

Btw: I am having a shit experience in normal content (roulettes and stuff) over the last days. I don't know what the hell is going on but people seem to no longer know what they are doing.
I do a lot of mentors DR and the amount of people I get that are completely clueless about the class they're playing in their 70's are beyond belief. Specially the healers, I had another case of an AST that will not use diurnal/nocturnal at the Burn... It was like running with a conjurer. The problem is that, I do take my time to help people and politely advice them on their class the best I can but I either get a F off or a mute chat or even you don't pay my sub... The issue with the game (and others) is that people don't like being told what to do or what they doing wrong because, sadly, no matter how bad you are at certain classes people refuse to believe that others are better than them...Of course I do get the occasional gratitude for taking my time to help but it's rare lol

I did a run yesterday where people will not place the mini pie on clean platform and the dps insisted on trying to kill it even tho everyone was like don't move it....

Last edited:
So, is everyone okay with having a giant turd as a final dungeon boss? Revolting.

Also, question for any bards in here. I'm embracing my more support role and wondering if any buffs like Foe Requiem, Battle Voice or anything stack. Or should I be trying to avoid using it if another bard has already?

So, is everyone okay with having a giant turd as a final dungeon boss? Revolting.

Also, question for any bards in here. I'm embracing my more support role and wondering if any buffs like Foe Requiem, Battle Voice or anything stack. Or should I be trying to avoid using it if another bard has already?
They don't stack sadly. So if you have 2 bards in the group use them after the other one has used them. If it makes sense.

Oh we're actually at the same spot then! I think. My group is working on the second Hello World. Dealt with so many tether memes tonight xD

Also there seems to be soooooo many tank busters and whatever. More than once tonight I just had sheltron and my best wishes to my healers
It's nuts, and you can really feel the difference gear will make in a ton of incoming damage for the first time in the tier (10 feels like you'll be able to get away with messing up more with more gear, but DNA Man has some AOEs that will be a lot less scary and one-shotty at 390.)

It's kind of fun but yeah the frequency of damage is really tight both in terms of hps required (we get out of Hello World 1 with like 20k hps, 32k raw) and tanks at two minutes in being like WELP THAT WAS ALL MY COOLDOWNS PLEASE ENJOY. We end up spending a lot of between pull time just figuring out what mitigation we can move around to stop exploding. Then we explode to something else.