Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Armor Breeding Simulator

Maybe they doubled up on chapters last month an made this update relatively small to avoid stepping on the toes of draglia lost shortly after its launch with what will presumably be the 3.0 update

Maybe, although so far IS has kept the same schedule like last year with some changes to the Performing Arts 2 (the Fesitval in Hoshido one) and the upcoming Halloween banner, and last year they started Book 2 in November, so i expected version 3.0 coming with Book 3 in November. Unrelated to Dragalia Lost or other things.

But maybe they scheduled the launch of Dragalia Lost during a slower FEH month, despite the translations not done yet, which btw. is the reason i think the game has not been released in EU ... or Canada with it's french speaking people.

Thank you monthly orb quests, thanks to them I got a +attack -hp legendary tiki, excactly what I wanted from this banner, now I can happily save orbs for a while.

Yeah those 2 and Julia and Deirdre are my 4 most wanted refines. The Robins really suffer from their average statlines and as such well known characters I feel like they deserve a bit better.

Yeah those 2 and Julia and Deirdre are my 4 most wanted refines. The Robins really suffer from their average statlines and as such well known characters I feel like they deserve a bit better.
Robin deserves to be in the lower tiers where he/she belongs. Just ask Sakurai.

I thought Xander was getting a refine when I opened that update lol.

Happy to see Innes and Tana finally get in on the action.
Same. I checked it first thing in the morning and was very confused for a second.

My friend was just complaining about Innes yesterday, so that's odd timing. Tana was already very good so it's a bit weird that she's in line above some of the launch characters that desperately need something, if not for Lon'qu I'd assume they'd be planning another wave of Sacred Stones content.

As for the Abyssal GHBs, I believe none of these had reinforcements originally. I'm very curious to see if they can create a challenging Abyssal map that isn't about drowning you in reinforcement spam. But who am I kidding, on turn 3 they'll probably just spawn a 200HP wary fighter armor unit in one of the 4 tiles you're allowed to move in on Ursula's map.

If they're going to ramp these up I'm considering building units purely to cheese them because the game sure doesn't care about giving me enough merges to compete in Arena. My last 5 pulls were all 3* Clair and Lukas. Hell I'd happily build Clair if it would give me one that wasn't shit. I've found probably 20+ Clairs, have given out Hit and Run to everyone I can think of and could still get one to +10 if I wanted. Meanwhile, last Nowi was February or so.

While doing Abyssal stuff I put quite a bit of work into Rein over the weekend and I'm considering feeding him one of my bad Lewyns for special spiral AOE spam. I tend to use him with Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker though. I also want to build another Galeforce unit but not sure who - Cordelia would be an obvious choice but I've never gotten one that wasn't -atk or -spd since this game launched. That one cavalry autobattle clear posted earlier in the thread was amazing but I still wonder how much use I'd actually get out of a Titania.

The first GHB Elite ones don't have reinforcements, but the second set has Valter and Legion. Yeah, have fun with that.

And Special Spiral can't go on fliers or cavs.

The first GHB Elite ones don't have reinforcements, but the second set has Valter and Legion. Yeah, have fun with that.

And Special Spiral can't go on fliers or cavs.
Oh. Well that explains why I haven't seen anyone do that yet. I still want to build Lewyn if the game ever gives me one that's neutral or better.

And yeah, if they do a second round of Abyssal GHBs and I'm sure they will, Valter's will be a nightmare. It's funny how easy it is nowadays compared to when it came out though. For now it looks like just the first set unless I read the news post wrong, and I can't check it here.

Small update this month.

I'm excited about Nidhogg and Vidofnir refines. I'm expecting Innes to get a Chill Skill and expecting Vidofnir to get reworked since it's really meh right now.

Abyssal GHB is interesting but I hope accesories aren't the only reward.

Small update this month.

I'm excited about Nidhogg and Vidofnir refines. I'm expecting Innes to get a Chill Skill and expecting Vidofnir to get reworked since it's really meh right now.

Abyssal GHB is interesting but I hope accesories aren't the only reward.
Hasn’t accessories been the only reward for every Abyssal map so far?

Yes, and going by the german text, it's only golden accessories as rewards for them. Given how difficult they are, i do understand that having other rewards (orbs, feathers, 5* versions of said GHB hero) would lead to bad feedback ... on the other hand, clearing them for a golden thing you probably already have is kinda lame. ^^

Certainly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Yeah but GHB heroes are limited so I was hopeful we'd get a 5* copy or maybe another 4* one with like 5k feathers or something.
I get why. They’re so absurdly hard (if you don’t copy PM1’s videos), that the rewards are just basically bragging rights.

I think Berkut can be a b*tch to clear too. It's been, for me at least, pretty difficult back then, even without reinforcements.
It's an interesting map and we never had anything like it again. Separating your units is a dick move but it calls for different skills and builds. So that was good.

Currently I'm absolutely hating Abyssal difficulty to the core so I didn't bother with LTiki or Lector. GC is still as much fun as ever though so there's that.

Yes, and going by the german text, it's only golden accessories as rewards for them. Given how difficult they are, i do understand that having other rewards (orbs, feathers, 5* versions of said GHB hero) would lead to bad feedback ... on the other hand, clearing them for a golden thing you probably already have is kinda lame. ^^

Certainly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
I think this is the best way to do it, my only complaint is that the maps shouldn't be time-limited at all. They need to provide content that's still interesting even for the most dedicated (or rich) players but they shouldn't lock orbs or 5* units behind it. I expect the next run of the weird defense mode they put out a while ago will be severely nerfed or have its rewards adjusted. I personally didn't even have time to look at difficulties above 6 or so.

They need to provide content that's still interesting even for the most dedicated (or rich) players but they shouldn't lock orbs or 5* units behind it.
They should totally lock orbs or 5* units behind difficult challenges. Because that's what they already do and what gives the game some semblance of feeling of progression. People who play often like us maybe don't notice anymore, but the climb is real and Chain Challenge is probably the best example of it.

It's not like the 5* would be exclusive anyway. (it's more or less the same as giving out 20k feathers, because we already have the units)

Just picked the game back up after not having played since launch. So many new things since I last played to get used too lol. I ended up rerolling for a new account and managed both Leg Hector and Leg Tiki in the 40 orbs they started me with. What would the best banner to put my orbs from story into at the moment? Leg Tiki banner still?

Well, stuff like Michalis GHB isn't too hard, so even F2P players not named PheonixMaster1 might have a solid chance to clear those. Maybe a different reward set would've been possible, but i don't think that's worth the hassle for IS. ^^

I think this is the best way to do it, my only complaint is that the maps shouldn't be time-limited at all. They need to provide content that's still interesting even for the most dedicated (or rich) players but they shouldn't lock orbs or 5* units behind it. I expect the next run of the weird defense mode they put out a while ago will be severely nerfed or have its rewards adjusted. I personally didn't even have time to look at difficulties above 6 or so.
Without a guide, i wouldn't have cleared the last infernal and abyssal Relay Defense maps, i'll be honest here.

---

E:

LOL ... just for fun, i went to look at the top players right now in Arena Assault and the first 12 players ALL have Liki set as their fav unit ... it's a funny sight. ^^

Majority of them build with DB 4 and Special Fighter, hahahaha.

Last edited:
I ended up spending like 300 orbs on the legendary banner. I got a L!Hector (+HP -RES), L!Grima (+SPD -RES, my third one), Spring Catria (+ATK -HP), Maribelle, and Michaiah (my second one). I think I'll save orbs for Halloween now.
Also, I finally got my tenth extra copy of Nowi so now she is my second fully merged unit. My first was A!Tiki.

After playing Dragalia Lost and coming back to FEH, I just realized how poor on content is FEH after nearly 2 years of being live.
Even worse, I saw it pointed out on reddit that all the potential options for additions that they had in the survey for FEH they had a long time back, are gameplay mechanics in Dragalia, which is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Recently got a new cellphone so I decided to give this a try because why not, it's FE. This was my first time ever playing a gacha game and it took me a while to get invested since the beginning is pretty boring/basic and book 1's story is...uh, not good. But once I got enough good units to tackle some of the endgame content I started to really appreciate the gameplay. I thought this was just going to be dumbed down mini-FE for the most part but I actually really like some of the systems they have in place here and how the lower movement coupled with the lack of RNG gives maps a different dynamic/flow from mainline. In my experience it does benefit tanks over speedy glass canon player phase nukes, but it also makes juggernauting a bit harder on some maps since you can't rely on dodgetanking or lucky crits and the weapon triangle actually matters. There's a lot more emphasis on team building/synergy and beating a tough GHB after figuring out a good comp feels great. I also really like Heroes' approach to skills, specially the movement shenanigans you can pull off with draw back/reposition/swap, and I hope the main series takes some notes. It has the most in-depth character progression/customization in the series and I enjoy this aspect a lot.

I'm definitely starting to feel the content "drought" now that I'm mostly caught up, so after that initial burst there's not really much to aim for other than rolling for your favorite units, and aside from a pretty picture and a couple lines there isn't any actual content tied to them which is a shame because other gachas like FGO have a lot more going on for their 5-star units than anything FEH offers. Forging bonds is a shitty solution to this because it's time limited, way too grindy and frankly the dialogue just feels phoned in since it lacks context and weight. My final thoughts are that it's a pretty good game with an incredibly solid foundation but lacking meat in those bones. It could eventually become great if IntSys puts in some more effort but from what I've heard progress on that front hasn't been the best so it may never fully realize its potential.

Also shout outs to the shittiest game mechanic ever designed, IVs, because what better way to sour you on an otherwise excellent 5-star roll than giving you an awful bane. It's bad in Pokemon and terrible here because it's a dumb random thing you can do squat to change stacked on top of an already luck based drawing system. I'm stuck with a -ATK L!Tiki who I probably won't ever fix since the chances of rolling another one with my remaining orbs aren't great and a -DEF Sigurd which considerably hurts his ability to tank stuff. It seems to mostly happen to units I care about and it's really frustrating. And no, seals and summoner support are not a great solution to this.

Just picked the game back up after not having played since launch. So many new things since I last played to get used too lol. I ended up rerolling for a new account and managed both Leg Hector and Leg Tiki in the 40 orbs they started me with. What would the best banner to put my orbs from story into at the moment? Leg Tiki banner still?
Those Legendary banners are really good if you're just starting out due to the increased percentage, yeah. But you can fall into a trap of chasing a 5* of one color and getting multiples of the other two, which caught me once or twice. And there's always saving up for next month's legendary banner too.

The only other banner I might consider recommending is the Performing Arts one, as dancers can be very handy. But there are guides out there for content like GHBs that often make use of a neutral Olivia that you can get for free and promote to 4*, so it's up to you. And it sounds like you don't have a ton of orbs so be careful.

At this point Grand Conquest, Forging Bonds and Tempest Trials are a boring way to grind in FEH for me. At least Dragalia Lost makes grinding interesting with coop, drop rates and certain events like rare monsters. But FEH it's just putting the game on Auto and pressing buttons when needed.

Also I like how Dragalia Lost has story chapters for each character. For FEH that would be a lot easier since you have already created characters with stories but instead we have to do a stupid grind mode for just 4 units every month.

I just wish IS could grab some ideas from Dragalia Lost, not necessarily the grind side but some good ideas from that game.

Also shout outs to the shittiest game mechanic ever designed, IVs, because what better way to sour you on an otherwise excellent 5-star roll than giving you an awful bane. It's bad in Pokemon and terrible here because it's a dumb random thing you can do squat to change stacked on top of an already luck based drawing system. I'm stuck with a -ATK L!Tiki who I probably won't ever fix since the chances of rolling another one with my remaining orbs aren't great and a -DEF Sigurd which considerably hurts his ability to tank stuff. It seems to mostly happen to units I care about and it's really frustrating. And no, seals and summoner support are not a great solution to this.
IVs are shit, but they are not remotely the unit ruining hindrance some people make them out to be. -Def on Sigurd is nothing in a game where ally support, seals, tactics, drives, and wards are a thing. You might not agree, but they absolutely are mitigated by the above, and it's something I can outright prove with math

It's a crude test using a crude set, but you can plainly see how little Sigurd is affected by this.

You're psyching yourself out if you let them prevent you from fully enjoying a unit. The worst IV is -Speed on a unit like Lewyn (because they need Speed seals to double), but even that can be worked around.

IV's wouldn't be so bad if Boons and Banes weren't a thing. It sucks knowing you get less stats for pulling a def- Legendary Tiki

IVs are shit, but they are not remotely the unit ruining hindrance some people make them out to be. -Def on Sigurd is nothing in a game where ally support, seals, tactics, drives, and wards are a thing. You might not agree, but they absolutely are mitigated by the above, and it's something I can outright prove with math

It's a crude test using a crude set, but you can plainly see how little Sigurd is affected by this.

You're psyching yourself out if you let them prevent you from fully enjoying a unit. The worst IV is -Speed on a unit like Lewyn (because they need Speed seals to double), but even that can be worked around.
I know you mentioned it yourself, but I would still not use the Gamepedia hard list as an example, we don't even know if the op cares about arena

You should only invest in IVs and stuffs if you are into Arena battles imp. For normal stuffs normal or even bad ivs units are already enough. Ivs in both pokemon and fire emblem are only for competitive play in the end

-atk.

Even though I don't do arena, knowing that my last 6 to 7 five stats have been -atk is stupid as shit.
I know it feels awful, on the other hand it's a million times better to have a unit you wanted with the worst bane possible than not have it at all. One of my favorite units is my W!Tharja and was very dissapointed by her having an attack bane, but as mentioned above, buffs from your team make up for it and she is probably my favorite red armor to use despite the "low" attack because she makes up for it with gigantic defenses.

IVs can affect AI behavior but honestly FEH has to be one of the mobile games with least dependant RNG combat.

Nothing like losing a character with a ton of defense buffs with one crit attack, now that is some bullshit.

My -Spd Summer Corrin is still able to double most things she needs to thanks to a speed refine, her natural Swift Strike, and Hone + Goad support. IVs can suck, but unless you're going for specific arena builds (in which case you probably want to whale for multiple copies anyway) you can usually make do with what you have.

IVs can affect AI behavior but honestly FEH has to be one of the mobile games with least dependant RNG combat.

Nothing like losing a character with a ton of defense buffs with one crit attack, now that is some bullshit.
Randomness is what makes things like this interesting. Otherwise it's just a puzzle game.