Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise demo out now (U.S. PS4)

Just finished the story demo. The fact the combat tutorial lets you fight who you want Ken to fight is amazing.

I know they're reusing the Yakuza engine, but the way the secret techniques work reminds me more of Asura's Wrath. I love everything about this so far. I hope the final game holds up the awesomness.

Also, having only seen the subbed version of Fist of the North Star, hearing Ken speak english is weird.

Guys, I don't want to download this as I'm definitely getting this and my husband already played the Japanese demo while I was watching.

But can someone confirm that it has Japanese voices pleaseeeeeeeee? I know they supposedly got a dub for it, but I want to make sure they kept the Japanese voices. Thanks!

Guys, I don't want to download this as I'm definitely getting this and my husband already played the Japanese demo while I was watching.

But can someone confirm that it has Japanese voices pleaseeeeeeeee? I know they supposedly got a dub for it, but I want to make sure they kept the Japanese voices. Thanks!
Dual audio is in, I switched it to Japanese when I played.

Preordered after trying this demo. Love the over the top combat, plenty of variety, satisfying and the English dub is refreshing and of good quality.

So tired lately of playing Yakuza/Atelier/Musou games with only Japanese voices and having to read all the damn time just because a dub wasn’t possible due to budget restraints.

Only tried the combat portion of the demo but I enjoyed it, was surprised to see that the game appears to take after the pre 6 Yakuza games. I'll probably pick it up at launch to support the release even if I won't get around to playing it for a bit.

Combats fun because it feels like yakuza 0 combat which is great.

Never watched an episode of fist of the north star, how easy is the story to understand ? Will this game cover the main plot ?

Combats fun because it feels like yakuza 0 combat which is great.

Never watched an episode of fist of the north star, how easy is the story to understand ? Will this game cover the main plot ?
I highly doubt it since Kenshiro never ran a bar in the original series to begin with :P
He'd just go from place to place blowing up mooks and facing down a big bad.

Watching the series is to get an idea of character relations for the most part.

The game also has an original plot with stuff that would make no sense in the original work. They seem to explain it well enough to newcomers.

Need some recommendations to get me caught up on characters. Never seen anything related to this except memes ofcourse. Any movies/videos I can see to quickly get me caught up?
Watching the whole anime will be difficult for me.

Need some recommendations to get me caught up on characters. Never seen anything related to this except memes ofcourse. Any movies/videos I can see to quickly get me caught up?
Watching the whole anime will be difficult for me.
You can probably get away with watching the movie. Granted, it cuts a 100+ episode series down to about two hours, but it's a decent primer.

I’ve been playing the demo. The graphics are a bit last gen, but good all the same. The gameplay is very good. Will definitely pick this up in October.

Yes! My copy just turned up in the UK. I'm already dead.

Hope there is an OT. I have rather large place in my heart for Fist of the Northstar - even though I'm not interested in most manga. I think it's the 80's vibe.

Thank you Sega. I was really happy to see this come out in Japan, but didn't really expect a western release. so Sega gets my money day one.

The hell? I’m assuming you have the actual disk. Did retailers in the UK just break the release date???
A lot of UK retailers dispatch Tuesday releases on the Friday or Saturday to give plenty of time for it to arrive since Sunday isn't a "working day".

The hell? I’m assuming you have the actual disk. Did retailers in the UK just break the release date???
Mafro is right on the money. My pre order was posted yesterday and luckily it only took one day to arrive.

Game is excellent so far.

But the bane of getting games early and is proving true with this game - the DLC code in the box doesn't work yet and the trophies aren't syncing. They will do in a couple of days though I expect.

Got to be honest.... really didn't like the demo and cancelled my pre-order lmao.

I thought it would play much closer to Yakuza but it feels like a Yakuza mod based on an older game design like a Yakuza 2.5 or something, very odd feeling, didn't like the combat at all.

But interesting game, the driving aspect was interesting though didn't really like how that part played either.

Just a weird game but definitely happy that fans of the series are getting a licensed game and hope people buying it enjoy it

Just a weird game but definitely happy that fans of the series are getting a licensed game and hope people buying it enjoy it
I’m not a fan of the series. I could take it or leave it. But, being able to blow up a thug’s head with a touch to the forehead is really cool.

That driving minigame or whatever the heck is in the demo was awful. I'll pick up the game, but after good price drop. Already played four Yakuza games this year.

I’m not a fan of the series. I could take it or leave it. But, being able to blow up a thug’s head with a touch to the forehead is really cool.
Yea it was pretty cool but I just could've jive with the gameplay not sure what I was doing wrong but wasn't clicking at all

Anyone know about how long the full game will take to complete?

I'm trying to organize which of the million games I now have I should play first...

REALLY looking forward to this game - the demo sold me right away.

Had to plow through SpiderMan this weekend to make room for this - I'm under the impression this game won't be short after seeing the open world bit in the demo, and the trailer at the end of it highlighting some of the other areas.

Last edited: