Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise demo out now (U.S. PS4)

Such a great week for games. Picking up the following:

Xbox One: Forza Horizon 4 (Gamepass)
PSVR: AstroBot Robot Rescue
Switch: Super Mario Party

And my most hyped game of all out of the four

PS4: FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!

Game looks like so much fun. I did stop playing Yakuza 2 for a little while so when jumping into this that world formula doesn't feel to similar (In the last year we have had Yakuza 1, Yakuza 6 & Yakuza 2 and none of them are particularly short). Now I am just patiently waiting for the thing to arrive in the mail

I feel like this would do better early next year, or in December. YK2 just came out last month and I haven't even finished the story (got sidetracked by Spider-Man).

This is releasing to incredibly little fan fair, oh well. If the reviews are even a little decent I am jumping on this
October maybe wasn't the best timeframe for it, I may only play it for an hour or so tomorrow before starting Assassin's Creed...and before I even get to that point I might have to try Astro Bot, and beat Mega Man 11 lol

My review's waiting in the wings for the editor to get it ready, but I wound up giving it an 8.4.

It has some really great stuff going, but there's a slow creep to get into much of it. Kenshiro gets massive power upgrades the more you invest into the skills, the dune buggy becomes less of a chore to drive around, and the cash flow you get from running a cabaret club once again breaks the economy (for good reason).

The
casting of Majima's VA as Jagi leads to probably one of the greatest subvillains in the game.

But I do think Sega picked a pretty awful time to launch this one. It's right after VC4 and not long after some other great open world games, ala Spider-Man and YK2.

Don't sleep on this one!

My review's waiting in the wings for the editor to get it ready, but I wound up giving it an 8.4.

It has some really great stuff going, but there's a slow creep to get into much of it. Kenshiro gets massive power upgrades the more you invest into the skills, the dune buggy becomes less of a chore to drive around, and the cash flow you get from running a cabaret club once again breaks the economy (for good reason).

The
casting of Majima's VA as Jagi leads to probably one of the greatest subvillains in the game.

But I do think Sega picked a pretty awful time to launch this one. It's right after VC4 and not long after some other great open world games, ala Spider-Man and YK2.

Don't sleep on this one!
Awesome to hear this is getting great reviews!

Did you play in English or Japanese with subs? I’m so undecided on this ATM...

Ah, too much Yakuza in too little time. I'm afraid this is going to underperform big. The silver lining is it's price will go down by Black Friday (as almost anything, in fact). I'll try to support by then.