FootyEra 18/19 Season |OT| Eat my ARSEnal

I'm not even surprised any more.

We have a thrrad saying there are some really bright people on here, and then we have shit like that.

The self importance and belief that this place is inherently better than everywhere else just because we dont tolerate racism/sexism/etc leads people to believe they atr part of some divine place.

And then someone asks how to wipe their ass.
Asking ALL the real questions.

I'm not even surprised any more.

We have a thrrad saying there are some really bright people on here, and then we have shit like that.

The self importance and belief that this place is inherently better than everywhere else just because we dont tolerate racism/sexism/etc leads people to believe they atr part of some divine place.

And then someone asks how to wipe their ass.
I'm starting to more and more alarmed by how much people on here value the perception of this place. When that youtuber Destiny was on here, said he's fine using whatever offensive language he wants, and got banned, there was a mood where some people felt 'we shouldn't have done that, we could've had him on here more often as a member, it makes us look worse to have kicked him out like that, that mod must've been on a power trip'. Well, so fucking what? Do we earn special points for how many notable e-celebs frequent us. Then there was that time when that Channel Awesome scandal was going on, and beyond the usually rhetoric of looking at how much of a fucking hack business that was, there were people genuinely excited to see Resetera was a big hub for following that story. Again, so what? It's an online forum. A particularly obscure one too. It's not Reddit, it's not 4Chan, it's not a social media presence, and sadly it's not the antithesis of right-wing online spaces, it's the remnants (albeit the most sizeable) of an already ageing forum in an online space that's running out of a need for it.

I'm starting to more and more alarmed by how much people on here value the perception of this place. When that youtuber Destiny was on here, said he's fine using whatever offensive language he wants, and got banned, there was a mood where some people felt 'we shouldn't have done that, we could've had him on here more often as a member, it makes us look worse to have kicked him out like that, that mod must've been on a power trip'. Well, so fucking what? Do we earn special points for how many notable e-celebs frequent us. Then there was that time when that Channel Awesome scandal was going on, and beyond the usually rhetoric of looking at how much of a fucking hack business that was, there were people genuinely excited to see Resetera was a big hub for following that story. Again, so what? It's an online forum. A particularly obscure one too. It's not Reddit, it's not 4Chan, it's not a social media presence, and sadly it's not the antithesis of right-wing online spaces, it's the remnants (albeit the most sizeable) of an already ageing forum in an online space that's running out of a need for it.
How other people see this place is whatever, the self-perceived superiority of people here is what's annoying

Interesting. Some sports sites are saying Piqué and Messi are butting heads and causing issues in the locker room.

The first feels that Messi, as a captain, should be more open to the media (in general) but especially so when the results aren't there (as is the current case); the latter feels Piqué is part of the issue as to why the results currently aren't there and thus shouldn't really point fingers.

Neither is 100% wrong, neither is 100% correct either.

How other people see this place is whatever, the perceived superiority of people here is what's annoying
I know, and that superiority comes from them believing this place is so much more than it is. That whole fucking debacle over the layout change with a new subforum was a perfect example. The lengths people went to in panicking about what it would do to the site went beyond worrying about it being too awkward to navigate, it was about worrying what it would do to the image of Resetera being a place people want to join.

Interesting. Some sports sites are saying Piqué and Messi are butting heads and causing issues in the locker room.

The first feels that Messi, as a captain, should be more open to the media (in general) but especially so when the results aren't there (as is the current case); the latter feels Piqué is part of the issue as to why the results currently aren't there and thus shouldn't really point fingers.

Neither is 100% wrong, neither is 100% correct either.
Interesting, I don't see Pique getting out of it on top. Seems to me that he's not loved much by the fans at the moment

Interesting, I don't see Pique getting out of it on top. Seems to me that he's not loved much by the fans at the moment
Yeah, even if it came to the extreme point of the club having to pick one or the other (if these issues fester and cause a shitty environment in the locker room) I very much doubt Piqué would "win" this battle.

Assuming it's all true, Messi's got a point, Piqué's in no position to be criticising other players right now. And him being more open in the media is never a problem when Barca are flying, you can't then turn around and make it a problem when they aren't.

Also, yeah, one of them is Messi and the other isn't.

Will Mou get the boot when we lose to Valencia tonight?

And how do the Spanish pronounce it since i thought they all said b rather than v?

I know, and that superiority comes from them believing this place is so much more than it is. That whole fucking debacle over the layout change with a new subforum was a perfect example. The lengths people went to in panicking about what it would do to the site went beyond worrying about it being too awkward to navigate, it was about worrying what it would do to the image of Resetera being a place people want to join.
Sounds like standard gaf era drama over nothing.

The new dark theme is gash, it is known , but its gash because its gash, not because it's going to alter how people see the site.

Gaf had the same issue eith people feeling self important and that the site was more than it was, a collection of generally like minded people talking about games and other shit. Nothing more.

Bearing in mind there was someone the other day asking if trump eas going to shut Era down. Like. What?

Way! You and Mark back in time for the toughest week of the year!

Bearing in mind there was someone the other day asking if trump eas going to shut Era down. Like. What?
It'd be one of the few times where the majority of people would see a tweet from him along the lines of "Resetera is some place online I've never heard of who mock me. Sad! maybe we should close it down" and believe he's making fake news up about a site that doesn't exist.

A woman whos eyeball exploded after being hit by a golf ball at the Ryder Cup is going to sue the organisers because apparently they didn't warn her that the ball was entering the crowd.

If you dont want to get caught snorting coke, dont snort coke. Similarly if you dont want to get cracked on the bonce by a ball, dont go and stand in a golf course, cricket pitch, football ground etc.

Way! You and Mark back in time for the toughest week of the year!

It'd be one of the few times where the majority of people would see a tweet from him along the lines of "Resetera is some place online I've never heard of who mock me. Sad! maybe we should close it down" and believe he's making fake news up about a site that doesn't exist.
Man City at home is the biggest banker of the season. I'm just disappointed if we score less than 4. There's a mental barrier City can't pass when they get to Anfield and it's infected that bald fraud Pep too. We're gonna spank them.

A woman whos eyeball exploded after being hit by a golf ball at the Ryder Cup is going to sue the organisers because apparently they didn't warn her that the ball was entering the crowd.

If you dont want to get caught snorting coke, dont snort coke. Similarly if you dont want to get cracked on the bonce by a ball, dont go and stand in a golf course, cricket pitch, football ground etc.
But these are trained professionals tho! They'd never misread a hit!

If I spent my day watching something as mind numbing as golf and all I got was an exploded eye out of it, you're sure as shit that I'm trying to scum them out of some money. Eyes are worth a lot and golfers are all tories anyway.

We'd all do the same.

If I spent my day watching something as mind numbing as golf and all I got was an exploded eye out of it, you're sure as shit that I'm trying to scum them out of some money. Eyes are worth a lot and golfers are all tories anyway.

We'd all do the same.
I'm imagining a new t-shirt "i watched us spank the yanks and all i got out if it was an exploded eye"

We say Va, what little Spanish English I've heard has always said "berry berry good" for example.

Saying thst, we have that weird Welsh place that no fucker can pronounce either so we're no better.
Yeah, many of the "V"'s in Spanish are said as "B"'s. It's one of the clear demarcations from Portuguese vs Spanish for example. The V and B sounds remain separate.

But as mentioned before, while speaking in your language, say it as you normally would. If in English it's Valencia (instead of the more Spanish "Balencia") then so be it.

Yeah, many of the "V"'s in Spanish are said as "B"'s. It's one of the clear demarcations from Portuguese vs Spanish for example. The V and B sounds remain separate.

But as mentioned before, while speaking in your language, say it as you normally would. If in English it's Valencia (instead of the more Spanish "Balencia") then so be it.
Ahh. Gracias. (did i do it right?)
WE LOVE YOUNG BOYS! COME ON YOUNG BOYS!

just as an update to my switch new game debate....decided to ignore you all and get LA Noire.

Mainly cuz I'm getting it for €20 and I've always wanted to finish it (started it on the 360 when it came out but then the disc cracked)

just as an update to my switch new game debate....decided to ignore you all and get LA Noire.

Mainly cuz I'm getting it for €20 and I've always wanted to finish it (started it on the 360 when it came out but then the disc cracked)
Oh, bad move dude. Crap game. Literally jack shit to do in the world besides the missions, which are 100% repetitive and many of them quite dull.

Oh, bad move dude. Crap game. Literally jack shit to do in the world besides the missions, which are 100% repetitive and many of them quite dull.
I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't great either. The rage of the main protagonist associated with some ''Doubt'' dialogue options is just hilarious tho

Where are you getting it for 20 quid? I also started it back in the day and never finished.

I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't great either. The rage of the main protagonist associated with some ''Doubt'' dialogue options is just hilarious tho
Didn't they change that in the remaster?

I really didn't like it. It had some okay sequences, but overall the missions were too repetitive for me. Investigate clues - question people - get more clues - chase or action sequence - more clues - interrogate the "main suspect(s)" - move on to the next case.