Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Thank you. Highly appreciate this.

I don't play Fortnite but my son does. Thinking of getting him a battle pass since it's his favorite game.
I think it's worth it, money-wise. You spend about 10 bucks at first, but if he plays a lot chances are you don't really need to spend on the game again in the future. Of course, keep these things in mind:
- The Battle Pass is designed with player retention in mind. The way to progress properly is to play constantly, if not daily at least every 3-4 days, because you can only hoard 3 daily challenges and you lose further days if you don't log in or don't pick up the challenges. The weekly challenges while mostly feasible usually, do have some challenges (eg. kill x players in location y) that very much encourage you to do them right away, because they will be harder to do later on. Finishing the Battle Pass is something that will require dozens of hours and a quite regular playstyle that has him log in almost daily.
- The Battle Pass has a lot of cool cosmetic items, but it's no secret that some of the most appreciated, exciting, unique ones are paid items. While we are indeed talking about "irrelevant" cosmetics, the more you play the more you see other players use them rare looks, and it can be really tempting to purchase from to time - the V-bucks you get from one season are not enough to buy even one of those 1500-2000 points "super" skins or glides, they're only really good for less interesting stuff unless you hoard V-bucks from multiple seasons.
- One decent middle ground could be picking up Save The World part of the game (it's normally 40 bucks, it was down to 20 recently and it's only available on X1, PS4 and PC I think). Not only it offers tons of co-op content but there the daily challenges and logins offer a healthy dose of V-bucks you can then spend on BR as well. Keep in mind however this mode has so much micromanaging you'd think it's Farmville or Clash Royale or something: a thousand different materials, timers to wait out, lootboxes to open, collections to build, statistics to handle, inventories and character rosters to manage. I swear you spend more time in the menus than anything.

The season 6 skins are fantastic imo
Agreed. Not a fan of the general changes this season (or lack, thereof), but the Battle Pass has some of the best stuff I've seen in Fortnite. The goth chick, oof. The doggos. Some quality blings as well, for once. Will need to find some time for leveling up every couple days I guess.

I think it's worth it, money-wise. You spend about 10 bucks at first, but if he plays a lot chances are you don't really need to spend on the game again in the future. Of course, keep these things in mind:
- The Battle Pass is designed with player retention in mind. The way to progress properly is to play constantly, if not daily at least every 3-4 days, because you can only hoard 3 daily challenges and you lose further days if you don't log in or don't pick up the challenges. The weekly challenges while mostly feasible usually, do have some challenges (eg. kill x players in location y) that very much encourage you to do them right away, because they will be harder to do later on. Finishing the Battle Pass is something that will require dozens of hours and a quite regular playstyle that has him log in almost daily.
- The Battle Pass has a lot of cool cosmetic items, but it's no secret that some of the most appreciated, exciting, unique ones are paid items. While we are indeed talking about "irrelevant" cosmetics, the more you play the more you see other players use them rare looks, and it can be really tempting to purchase from to time - the V-bucks you get from one season are not enough to buy even one of those 1500-2000 points "super" skins or glides, they're only really good for less interesting stuff unless you hoard V-bucks from multiple seasons.
- One decent middle ground could be picking up Save The World part of the game (it's normally 40 bucks, it was down to 20 recently and it's only available on X1, PS4 and PC I think). Not only it offers tons of co-op content but there the daily challenges and logins offer a healthy dose of V-bucks you can then spend on BR as well. Keep in mind however this mode has so much micromanaging you'd think it's Farmville or Clash Royale or something: a thousand different materials, timers to wait out, lootboxes to open, collections to build, statistics to handle, inventories and character rosters to manage. I swear you spend more time in the menus than anything.
This is great insight. Thank you.
He will get so much more enjoyment out of it you get it for him.
Yeah... He's been asking for a battle pass for a while. He plays almost every day. Sounds like it's worthwhile.
Just make sure that he doesn't waste any V bucks on purchasing battle pass tiers unless you let him.
i don't know what the tiers are. Can you elaborate??

I also think this is easily the best battle pass. Outside of the weird tomato girl skin the rest are all great, lobby music is a great addition and there’s a lot of solid gliders and back blings. Just feels like less junk items overall.

Some neat stuff in this seasons battle pass.i really like what they've done. The chameleon going all multicoloured when you win and changing to the colour of the weapon you pick up is a fantastic little touch.

I agree, love the stuff in this battle pass (especially the dog!). Has me in the mood again after distancing myself from the game after maxing out the last battle pass. The only skin I don't care for is the werewolf. I actually like the DJ Llama, wish he was customizable, but it oddly bugs me to use a tier 1 skin instead of that sexy purple Omega I busted my ass for.

Been a while since I had a solo win but was pumped to get one on the first day yesterday. Had good positioning in the final circles and was able to pepper the last guy with AR fire as he tried to build 'n run away from the storm. The webrella is pretty cool, though I wish there were more to the gliders you get for a Royale. They're all pretty plain. My goal is to get to 100 total wins this season. At 88 now (63 solo, 25 squads), been playing since the end of season 3.

Need to stumble upon a llama, this is killing my "gotta finish ASAP" mentality towards challenges. Just can't help but feel that way.

One small change I'm loving are the cornfields. I like the way it animates as you run through them. There are chests hidden in them too.

i don't know what the tiers are. Can you elaborate??
For every tier you reach you unlock one thing. It's not too hard to progress through the tiers with normal play (mainly doing daily/weekly challenges) but you have the option to buy tiers for 150 v-bucks a pop if you are impatient. It's an absolute waste but it's hard explaining that to kids who want it now. My son has that problem.

Last edited:
My impressions from last night:

• Holy crap at the sound design changes! You can hear everything now, almost to the point where it is too much.
  • Bounce pads are deeply missed as there have been several instances where they would have come in handy.
  • I'm liking the map changes and can't wait for them to be more fleshed out in the coming weeks.
  • As cool as the vortex in Loot Lake is, it has already been problematic in circles that have ended inside of it. Lost a game where I got a guy to one shot while we were fighting on the top structure and he jumped down into the vortex and kept swirling around for a good minute while I couldn't do anything to shoot him since the edge of the island was actually in the storm and was forced to wait until the storm moved only for him to land below and kill me as soon as I landed. Dude had 12 health too I was so pissed. There needs to be some balancing down so you can't infinitely use it and perhaps you gradually lose elevation or something? Idk
  • Pets are cool but I wish there was so way to customize the pet based on the skin you are wearing. Imagine having a little doggo with a matching costume on? Would be the cutest thing ever.
  • Custom keybinds are great on console but i've already ran into an issue with not being to bind certain actions. For example, if you use Builder Pro as a template and rebind Edit and Switching to two different buttons, if you change the right stick bind to anything other than the default action, you will lose the ability to Reset edits back to the default configuration and there is no option to rebind that action. The same goes for Switching, if you make Switching another button beside the default and then you Edit something, you still have to press the default button to confirm the edit rather than the rebound button. I'm sure there are more examples but those were just a few I noticed.

That's it for now since I won't be able to play again until Saturday.

For every tier you reach you unlock one thing. It's not too hard to progress through the tiers with normal play (mainly doing daily/weekly challenges) but you have the option to buy tiers for 150 v-bucks a pop if you are impatient. It's an absolute waste but it's hard explaining that to kids who want it now. My son has that problem.
I confess I bought the battle pass + 25 tier pack, though I don't play a ton of battle royale so it would take me ages to progress that far. Plus I had some 5k of vbucks from the save the world dailies.

Dumb question, but on the map there's some weird warp circle over Salty Springs, but I landed there and couldn't see anything different. What is that?
The weird markings on the map are the "corrupted" areas that were based off where the Cube marked with a ruin last season. The corrupted areas are where the shadow stones typically spawn.

Dumb question, but on the map there's some weird warp circle over Salty Springs, but I landed there and couldn't see anything different. What is that?
I’ve seen this too but I think it’s just a glitch, either replicating the loot lake island on the map or maybe accidentally hinting it’ll move around?

I saw so many people land there along with me expecting it to be something.

Epic posted this recently:
HELP FOR PLAYERS WITH MULTIPLE EXISTING CONSOLE ACCOUNTS
This blog post is for you if you’ve created multiple Epic Accounts in order to play Fortnite on different consoles.

In November, we’re going to release an “account merging” system so you can combine multiple console-linked accounts to transfer Battle Royale cosmetic item purchases, lifetime wins, V-Bucks, and Save the World campaign access.

In the meantime, it’s possible to link your all of consoles to a single Epic Account, so any future progression and purchases are available everywhere. This will NOT bring over existing purchases and progression from your other accounts; you will have to wait for the account merge feature in November for that.

Here are the steps you can follow right now, using the example of a player with separate accounts on PlayStation and Switch.
You first need to determine the following:
  • Which console holds the purchases and progression you care the most about? Let’s call this your Primary console.
  • Which console are you okay with not having access to its purchases until you complete the account merge flow in November? Let’s call this your Secondary console.
In our example scenario, let’s pick PlayStation as the Primary console, and Switch as the Secondary.
much more in the link but basically, if you’re someone like me who played the PS4 version for STW and the Switch version for BR, it seems that doing this now would mean you’d lose access to STW until november (not a huge loss tbh)

This season's umbrella is much nicer than last season's.

I got super lucky and spotted a llama on my initial jump out of the bus and then wandered right into a vending machine selling cozy campfires. With the help of a couple gas grenades, I took care of my final challenges for the week and then went on to secure my umbrella.

I like the scarecrow skins in this week's loading screen.

I seem to have no trouble finding llamas, probably because I'm those type of players that drop in unnamed unpopular spot and hug the circle while avoiding likely traffic zones (straight line between the circle and popular PoI). While many others would find doing so boring, this playstyle let me tread over lot of unscouted territories.

Was playing with my friends and one says dude you just ran right by a llama

Wanted to cut off my friendship right there

Couple games later I spot one from the sky though and we gucci

Fuck the llama challenge

Asked in the gaming side thread but no one answered. Has the free tiers been nerfed? I was looking at them for v bucks as I'm only a few hundred off and there's only 200 vbucks to earn and the last two tiers are empty. Is that normal?

Also the tier boost is only 5 for buying past season pass, was that changed too?
Quoting because I didn't get an answer. This sucks because I was so close to getting it with just a few extra vbucks but I do not want to spend so much getting just 300 vbucks.

I'm not sure I want to fuss with completing each weekly set of challenges because I'm not so sure the week 7 skin won't be shit like the last 2. Fuck grinding challenges for a skin I'll never use.